Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 12, 2006 22:28

I think he would have.
btw: in the penalties treze tried the same trick than zz did in the 1st half, but shot in the different corner (and 1mm too high)

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 12, 2006 22:34

Hurriganes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice to see Eric having a good time there :-)
>
> But... here's some true art:
>
>


> zidane

Fantastic link, what a great player! Thank you. In one scene he
even fooled Ronaldinho;-)

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 12, 2006 22:38

No such thing as a SMARTFROG....example....ZIDANE!!!!! As far as Fat Hamburgers... can't agrue that... but thats the difference the rest of the world can admit when others are right..... no need to whine.. american's could stand to lose alot of weight... but at least we wash properly!!! SOAP FRANCE... its called SOAP!!!!!

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 12, 2006 22:39

VIVA LA STINKY

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 12, 2006 22:45

TooTough Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In one scene he even fooled Ronaldinho;-)


Yeah, and Ollie Kahn was surprised a couple of times too ;-)

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 12, 2006 22:47

Eric, I'm an American (on paper, not blood) and I have an Apartment in Paris and I'll take FRANCE over THE USA any time my friend.... You can say ALL you want but until you've spent enough time in both you can't judge - just make superfical, typical uninformed American/Jay Leno type statements that have no merit. Tell me ONE thing that's better about America....Fire away.....(I gotta hear this)....

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 12, 2006 22:47

eric Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No such thing as a
> SMARTFROG....example....ZIDANE!!!!! As far as Fat
> Hamburgers... can't agrue that... but thats the
> difference the rest of the world can admit when
> others are right..... no need to whine..
> american's could stand to lose alot of weight...
> but at least we wash properly!!! SOAP FRANCE...
> its called SOAP!!!!!


How old are you? 10?

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 12, 2006 22:49

Hurriganes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, and Ollie Kahn was surprised a couple of
> times too ;-)

That´s even better;-)

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 12, 2006 22:50

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tell me ONE thing
> that's better about America....Fire away.....(I
> gotta hear this)....

the music ?
the weather ?

can't think of much else to be fair ;o)

i've been to France many times myself (both North and South) and i don't particularly like it if i'm honest. Italy on the otherhand is wonderful

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 12, 2006 22:52

Zidane said his gesture cannot and shall not be excused.
He assumes it and explains that Materazi insulted him 3 times in a row and that he was touched in his honor.
He also said that what he did was bad, but that the provocation is even worse, which doesen't sound stupid. It's too easy to do what Materazi did.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:00

Music - yeah, Rock music....the French appreciate Jazz more....

How about this, Artists with money and freedom of choice, here's the list:

Mick Jagger - Loire Valley, FRANCE

U2 - South of FRANCE, btwn Nice and Monte Carlo (name escapes me)

Johnny Depp - FRANCE

(Lost his talent) Sting - Tuscany, ITALY

Weather because America's big (stole a lot of land). France has the South as well as Tahiti and numerous Caribbean Islands, not that hard to get to.....

BTW, where's Eric, I wanna hear his genius thoughts....



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-12 23:04 by MicksBrain.

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:31

Micksbrain....

Mick, Us , Sting......There music would not exist if it wasnt for Africans.. coming over here and signing Gospel and the blues......So.....The Stones would not exist if it wasnt for AMERICA... Chuck Berry... Keith's hero... French.. well I dare you to call him French

Here would be his response: CHUCK BERRY ARE YOU FRENCH???


CHUCK BERRY ANS: LECHE MOI ET SAIRE ME RENIER!!!!!

ps: ARTISTS WHO WANT TO MAKE MONEY??? IE: THE STONES... EXAMPLE.. NO EUROPE TOUR IN 07 HOWEVER ANOTHER ROUND FOR THE U.S.... SORRY CHARLIE...WE GETEM TWICE MAYBE THREE TIMES

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:33

JAZZ SUCKS............AFTER AN HOUR I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE....

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:38

ITS FRANCE'S FAULT... MICK HAS A HOME THERE... BUT TO BE UP INFRONT OF 60,000 FRENCHYS... OMG THE ODOR FROM THE STAGE MUST BE HORRIBLE!!!! PLUS LOOKING AT ALL THOSE WOMEN WITH MORE HAIR THE AN APE.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.. GIVE ME CALIFORNIA GIRLS OR FLORIDA GIRLS.. OR THE SHARP LOOKING "SMOOTH" WOMEN OF NYC...WHERE THE STONES ARE COMING BACK TO..........NOW LETS BE CIVILIZED HERE.... ANY ONE WHO WANT TO DEBATE THIS IN PERSON OVER A BEER... I WILL BE IN LONDON AND AMSTERDAM FOR THE SHOWS......LETS TALK... IF YOUR FRENCH PLEASE LET ME KNOW AHEAD OF TIME SO I CAN WEAR A CHEST PLATE JUST IN CASE YOU WANT TO SUCKER HEAD PUNCH ME!!!! PEACE.....

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:40

Anybody can Overreact. If some guy does and stands up like a man and admits it, he's OK im my Book.

That was a great Headbutt, I'll score him a 9.2 on it.

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:41

ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:48

Thank you ERIC, you are the EXACT reason I love it in Paris....away from all the (fill in the space). Can't even answer a simple question. You MADE MY DAY, PROVED MY POINT - MERCI !!!!!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-13 01:14 by MicksBrain.

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:53

Doc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's too easy to do what Materazi did.


Yeah, it's always easier to brake and defend and that's the deplorable direction in modern football. For Materazzi's honor have to say he was very dangerous in corner kicks and did one goal (for their own team too).

Tottenham midfielder Teemu Tainio wrote in his column recently that after Vieira had injury and had to leave the field, the Italians concentrated systematically (of course, because they were not dumb) to "push and pinch" Zidane and make his game as uncomfortable as possible. In the extra time there was hardly any attacking by italians. Zidane had already hurt his elbow badly in a collision with Cannavaro earlier and it was close to end his tournament already then. In Materazzi case, there was again some touching, pinching and shirt holding before the insultings and zz-header. But it's no excuse for his reaction. Very stupid move by Zidane and just a victory for the one part of Italian tactics.

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:54

your welcome... your still not getting another Stones show... HA HA HA HA HA!!!and you lost the cup.... HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!! Paris is very nice been there a dozen times.......although.... not as exciting as London, Munich , Amsterdam, MILAN.. ROME.... VENICE... OH, HAVE I MENTIONED ANY ITALIAN CITIES.... PIEDMONT REGION OF ITALY IS NICE.. I LIKE THE TOWN OF ASTI....SICILY... AH.... but your right you stay in Paris and head butt the Americans if you want.......FRENCHY'S ARE PATHETIC!!!!!

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:57

really sad--that the best team only got no.3

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: eric ()
Date: July 12, 2006 23:58

BTW:

GOUTENT MA ANE JUS!!!!!!!

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 13, 2006 00:06

Havo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> really sad--that the best team only got no.3


Disagree ;-) but have to say it was really well done by Germans and this time without the help from referees that happened in the last tournament for the home team South Korea.

( I'd say Argentina's coach did a huge mistake taking Riquelme & Crespo out while leading 1-0 against Germany. Everybody know the Germans always play to the last minute! )



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-13 00:08 by Hurriganes.

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 13, 2006 00:07

Yeah, Italy's nice too.........

Eric, you're gone a long time between visits, what's the story?



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-13 01:11 by MicksBrain.

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: July 13, 2006 00:15

don't get me started hurriganes on argentina's coach .. he blew it by thinking that argentina could wait out the 1-0..

he should have never taken out riquelme (even if he was not playing well) and he should have stuck in messi and aimar to strengthen the attack so that germany would not feel so comfortable charging forward...

that game should have been won but the coach, and i'm sorry to say it as it pains me so much LACKED BALLS! when you're up 1-0 against germany you have to know they will score..they are the best team inthe world down 1-0..just like italy is the best up 1-0..these things you have to know..

and pekerman left us with no attacking options in the eventuality (reality) germany tied it AND left us with few penalty kick takers..

having said that... i DID think the ref was rather shamefully favoring the germans.. to the degree of giving maxi rodriguez a yellow for being tripped in the penalty box (he i guess thought he dove)...... fine don't give the penalty because you are in germany but to give the yellow.. and every single time a german fell he gave them the ball..

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 13, 2006 00:35

You forgot the name of the Italian guy? Just have a look at the iorr news. He was on stage in Milan... Terrible consequence: The French will never forget that and Nellcote is gone as a site for a Rolling Stones museum. That had swastikas encarved in the floor. So we're back to the question started somewhere above: Would the world be better if Zidane had become a painter and @#$%& a footballer? (No, to be serious: art historians say that @#$%& painted in a "nice" way "nice" aquarells.)

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 13, 2006 00:47

stoned_in_dc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he should have never taken out riquelme


Riquelme COULD HAVE been the best player in this tournament


> having said that... i DID think the ref was rather
> shamefully favoring the germans..


I'd rather put the blame on Pekermann

Compared to how it was in South Korea in their games against Italy and Spain...

Or in Argentina -78? ;-)

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: July 13, 2006 00:58

Hurriganes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> stoned_in_dc Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > he should have never taken out riquelme
>
>
> Riquelme COULD HAVE been the best player in this
> tournament


agreed... but riquelme was having some issues i think..there was a clear chance in the second half where he had crespo alone to his right (sure goal) and went to his left....

>
>
> > having said that... i DID think the ref was
> rather
> > shamefully favoring the germans..
>
>
> I'd rather put the blame on Pekermann
>


well that goes without saying.. i'm not deflecting blame... but the ref was pretty poor...was he as bad as the refs in korea? no of course not.... but he was a hometown ref..not unusual

> Compared to how it was in South Korea in their
> games against Italy and Spain...
>
> Or in Argentina -78? ;-)


the argentina 78 has become a myth really... people talk about it as if they know for sure something happened that no one has any evidence actually happened...and they use the fact there was a military in power to butress this whimsy. its plausible argentina could beat peru 6-0 and the peruvian goalie have a bad day..it happens..do i have evidence that it was 100% on the level? no.. but does anyone have evidence that it wasn't? in fact cubillas from that peruvian team spoke about this just last month...he said the whole idea that peru allowed argentina to score six was a bunch of baloney... now you may not believe he is telling the truth (he might have an incentive to lie i will grant you) but there is just no evidence... cubillas blamed the whole thing on being a myth made up by brazilians who were bitter....until people come up with some evidence i'm going to hold my opinion.. and i would remind anyone that holland did not throw the final against argentina...or are you saying that the ball which hit the post from dutch when game was 1-1 was a coincidence? argentina beat holland fair and square... by the way, it wasn't the argentine player but a dutch player that tried to play the final with a huge cast!... talk about sketchy!


but if you have some evidence lets have it! i'd love to know for once and for all.. i get so tired of people making up stuff.

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 13, 2006 01:00

No Hurriganes, I disagree. The referee wasn't in favour of the Germans, Pekerman was a complete idiot to take out Riquelme and Crespo. They were just leading 1:0 around the 76th minute. That means 15 minutes plus a few minutes minimum of extra time guaranteed. That's more than a third of the second half!!! I mean, Argentina wasn't playing Pitcairn Island. It was Germany in Germany! Complete idiot. He should coach Pitcairn.

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: July 13, 2006 01:08

stoned_in_dc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> the argentina 78 has become a myth really...


Yeah, that's true. There are some questions in the air concerning that Peru game, but it should also be remembered that Argentina had a wonderful team then and deserved well their victory.

Re: OT: ZIDANE apologizes on French TV
Posted by: Marcofromitaly ()
Date: July 13, 2006 01:08

I'm from italy and of course I'm very happy for this World Cup Victory.
My humble opinion about the topic: Zidane has acted wrong, no doubt about it.

Nonetheless, in all this italian celebration (justified of course...I was one of who partied on the squares) for the World Cup, Materazzi has become a sort of untouchable hero and no one has dared to condemn his offensive words (and don't try to tell me that he didn't severely offend Zidane with his words, not even a five year old child could believe this...)

Zidane acted very very wrong and his violent reaction was a real shame, however offensive Materazzi's words were, but also Materazzi was not really a true example of fair playing on the field.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4


This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1516
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home