Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why????????????????
Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: July 11, 2006 16:10

Why will they do a fall tour in the US/Canada instead of playing the cancelled Europe shows through sept/okt in Europe? Just for the money is my personel opinion. But if they do, it is real screw up for al the european fans. Or not?

Ed

Re: Why????????????????
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 11, 2006 16:12

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 11, 2006 16:15

I disagree, it's not for CASH, it's for MONEY..... (Adrian-L, one picture is worth a thousand words - you got it)

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: July 11, 2006 16:32

it makes me want to grab the picture !

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 11, 2006 16:42

Mr.Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why will they do a fall tour in the US/Canada
> instead of playing the cancelled Europe shows
> through sept/okt in Europe? Just for the money is
> my personel opinion. But if they do, it is real
> screw up for al the european fans. Or not?
>
> Ed

this has been discussed to death already

they would have made arrangements for the US tour schedule before any European shows were affected

Plus, you cant get availability for European stadiums in the autumn.

The only relevant issue was their intent or otherwise to reschedule the 11 shows in question for 2007.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 11, 2006 17:13

So Gazza, with all due respect, they can play arena's - 2 arena shows instead of one half sold out Stadium show....Keiths gonna have time to film "Pirates 3" in September.... Just not the way to treat the fans IMHO.....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 11, 2006 17:40

I'm the last personw ho's going to defend the Stones for the way they treat their fanbase, but if they were to cancel their plans for the autumn (and they would have already booked an itinerary and hotels and venues etc BEFORE Keiths mishap) then that would have meant changing plans for about 35 shows instead of about 12

Keith's on-set work for Pirates 3 will take a week at most apparently. That said, I'd agree that they should have got their priorities right and tried harder to reschedule shows for that time than have him worry about being a bloody film star, which no one cares about really. However we're talking about maybe being able to reschedule two shows in the time that would have been available

Bottom line though is that their actions would have been more palatable had they rescheduled the shows for next year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-11 17:41 by Gazza.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 11, 2006 20:40

adisde from money, its the things you can BUY with money that make it all worth while.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home