Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Italy wins!!!
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 10, 2006 01:22

wtf? a JUST and DESERVING winner is the team that plays by the rules and wins the game. What don't you get about that? Infantile? What's with the name-calling....grow up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-10 01:22 by StonesTod.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: July 10, 2006 01:23

no you grow up. you are picking an argument where there is none.. you ARE infantile..

Date: July 10, 2006 01:24

so by your reasoning stonestod if a team has the ball for 120 minutes and another wins in penalty kicks they are a just and deserving winner?

you are absolutely ridiculous..

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: July 10, 2006 01:25

Well now, if France was so dominant that they could control the ball for 120 minutes, why didn't they try to score? Seem's like their strategy backfired.

Congratulations Italy.

"make up your mind, 'cause I gotta go"

Date: July 10, 2006 01:26

no argument from me, pal. i'd rather have a rationale discussion with someone capable of it....

Date: July 10, 2006 01:27

definetly congrats italy..they are the winner. i have not disputed that..sheesh louise....people are so combative around here..... i was rooting for italy..but france clearly played better.. and thats got to mean something to a person that loves soccer..

Date: July 10, 2006 01:28

yeah - it means they lost better....they have trophies for that, I imagine, to satisfy folks like you.....

Date: July 10, 2006 01:29

maybe you mean RATIONAL stonestod

i believe my point was rational... you are being silly for equating just and deserved winner with winner..

sometimes teams win undeservedly..it is soccer..one of the cruelest sports.. if you believe the winner is always just and deserved then you don't know much about soccer i'm afraid.

Date: July 10, 2006 01:30

you are so rude...unreal..

Date: July 10, 2006 01:32

ah, silly, rude, infantile tod....yeah, that's me, pal. thinking of changing my handle to better suit my many attributes. thanks. it's quite clear I have most humbly been put in my place by you. your logical reasoning is beyond reproach, obviously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-10 01:39 by StonesTod.

Date: July 10, 2006 01:42

i give up....

it was a great game.. i think france played better..but italy won..

the words "deserved" and "just" seem to mean different things to different people

i enjoyed the game...

best of luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-10 01:47 by stoned_in_dc.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: July 10, 2006 01:48

France dominated the second half, but Italy ran zero risks the whole match. While the only thing France did was to score on a penalty kick that only the referee saw, Italy scored a goal, hit a crossbar, and had a goal disallowed (De Rossi was offside on that, but not Toni; it is arguable whether De Rossi was an "active player" on that play).

France demonstrated superior technical skills and athleticism. Ultimately, however, it did not have two things it takes to win: balls and nerves. Italy will never win a World Cup the way that Brazil may, but victories achieved because of your heart, guts, and mental strength are, to me, the most satisfying. The Cup is with its rightful owners.

Date: July 10, 2006 01:51

yes, with a name like ferrara i'd be writing the same thing

anyways congrats italy..

and since when is running "zero risks" a good thing?

sounds like we got a fan of the catenacchio! no one can deny italy is best at that!

i prefer superior skills and athleticism..thats why i show up to watch soccer! not because a team run zero risks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-10 01:53 by stoned_in_dc.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: July 10, 2006 01:58

Bravi!

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: July 10, 2006 02:00

stoned_in_dc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yes, with a name like ferrara i'd be writing the
> same thing
>
> anyways congrats italy..
>
> and since when is running "zero risks" a good
> thing?
>
> sounds like we got a fan of the catenacchio! no
> one can deny italy is best at that!
>
> i prefer superior skills and athleticism..thats
> why i show up to watch soccer! not because a team
> run zero risks!

Running zero risks referred to the fact that France didn't really have any clear chances to score, so it is definitely a good thing. Yes, my name is Ferrara - Federico Ferrara to be precise - so I am definitely enjoying the moment. I also might add that I do like the catenaccio as long as my team wins because of it. Besides, I didn't hear that many people complain when the Baltimore Ravens or Tampa Bay Buccaneers (two teams with no offense to speak of) won their Superbowls. A man's catenaccio is another man's tough, solid, even heroic defense.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 10, 2006 02:47

I watched the game at the Milan Duomo square with 20,000 Italian fans. It was amazing. At this level it is hard to win the game. Every time the Italians scored a goal during the penalty shoot-out the noise at the Duomo sqare was at 120 dB pain level I am sure. Then every time the French scored it was silent. It was as if nothing had happened. But I watched the screen. The ball was in the net. Then they freaked out as the French missed one time, and as the Italians scored the 5th goal the Piazza del Duomo exploded into an inferno of joy, noise and fireworks. I knew Italy had won. And I knew this was good news for the show on Tuesday.

Ever since the cars and scooters have been honking their horns and waving their Italian flags in Milan. And all over Italy I am sure. I went over to a bar to celebrate with vino rosso and gelato. The owned rushed into the street to celebrate throwing corn or rice or whatever into every car and bicycle and scooter passing by. Three guys next to me was sad and not happy at all. They were French. Only one winner unfortunately. At 2am in the morning I can still hear them honking their horns. I think Italy deserved the win and it will be a fantastic show on Tuesday.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-10 03:04 by bv.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 10, 2006 02:48

True BV, at this level it is very hard to win a game

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 10, 2006 02:55

I really don't care about all the complaining and whining, we won the Cup, ditto.
I agree France played a better 2nd half, but so we did play a better 1st.
We survived a penalty kick and came back all the way with Matterazzi.
Extra time was bad for both teams and we've seen who had less nerves, France.
Like Patton said "I ant you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other dumb bastard die for his country".
That's exactly what Italy did, we scored twice, hit a cross-bar, our goalie Buffon caught a very tricky head-hit by Zidane and we were better at penalties.
We had a 61 to 39 % ball possession, we managed the game and we won.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:04

hi i am back from the streets, party keeps on going here!
I've read the discussion up here in the thread and i must say yes france was leading the match from the second half on and we ran a couple of risks with ribery and zidane. Italy tonight did actually win a world cup the way Brazil did in 1994, against us after penalties. So I guess this is how the game is. You win if you score, you lose if you dont...
Truth is we were a tough team with no stars. This was not a world cup for stars. See ronaldinho and tonight zidane. I am very sorry for him because I really think he is an outstanding player and has been so for 20 years. No matter what Materazzi has said to him he was stupid to react like that.
Grandi!!!!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:10

everybody loves a gracious winner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-10 03:13 by Rip This.

Date: July 10, 2006 03:14

Rip This Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> everybody loves a gracious winner.
I didn't mean to brag,
I was just so fed up with eveybody saying we didn't deserve to win.
Anyone forgot Rotterdam back in 2000?
We dominated the whole game and lost at the very last second.

Also, while most of French supporters are here to complain, most of Italians are in the streets celebrating winking smiley

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:14

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 21:58 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:15

I'm wondering if they showed different versions of the game^^

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:15

as you should........... A great tournament and a great win.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:36

At least no one is complaining about the Referee this time.

I think he did a great job and also deserves congratulations.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:43

CONGRATULATIONS ITALY, you deserved the win! What a damn shame for Zidane to go down in history with a red card in his final international game, he should've know better!!! IMHO there is nothing bad enough the Italian player could've said to him to warrant his action, shame shame shame. sad smiley Who knows what could've been had he stayed in the game...

San Siro will rock on Tuesday for sure, what I wouldn't give to be there!!!

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: July 10, 2006 03:44

COSA GODOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolling Stones Italia
[www.rollingstonesitalia.com]

Date: July 10, 2006 03:48

Campioni del Mondo
Campioni del Mondo
Campioni del Mondo
Campioni del Mondo

Mick was right winking smiley and Keith hinted at extra-times and he was even more right.
We got no secret gig but we can surely cope with that now that we are champions.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 10, 2006 09:27

Well Well Well...
France played IMO way better overall than Italy, which only played well during the 1st Half time.

I don't know what Matterazzi said to Zidane, but it was intended to make him lose his nerves and sadly, it worked. If some supporters in Italy are known for being racist, it is probably the same for some players.

The other french mistake IMO was to make Trezeguet shoot against his colleage. I am not a huge Trezeguet fan, but the pressure must have been great on him. Great players can deal with it, others can't...

The french team has got to come back to Paris and drive down the Champs Elysees. They deserve it, not only for Zidane, but for all the others who played their last international game yesterday nad brought us to our 2 final in 8 years. Isn't that a great result France can be proud of ???

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-10 09:29 by Doc.

Date: July 10, 2006 09:30

Propably because of italy winning the world cup the atmosphere will be even better, yes. And congratulations to the italien team ! However: They didn`t deserve it. Good first half, weak and tired for the rest of the final. France didn`t deserve it as well, mainly because Zidane did what he did. There is only one team who deserved to win the cup, which is the team that played best and most attractice / offensive football....fill in the blank....I am sure everyone knows which team I mean !

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home