Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Topic "Stones Hotels" gone???
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 9, 2006 13:07

I have to say i'm really fed up.

BV

Board policy is getting more and more very very hard to understand.
Stones board=stones topics
stones hotels=stones topic!!

security problem???? blah blah.
What is the security problem, when fans are outside the hotels waiting to get a glimpse of the band?

Normally the people in the US are paranoid about security. Didn't know that Europe is as paranoid as they are.

Ot's

People gather here because they have one major interest which is the stones. But as i have experienced they have also a large range of musical interest which is very similar. So why not talk about it here. Should they run a new board for each OT?

I'm very suprised about your comments in the last time. but everyone has the right for his own opinion. First of all this has to be applied for the users.

Anyway i still like it here but it's getting kind of strange.

Your US collegue Stonesdoug seems to be a bit more relaxed about his board.

If you don't like what i said delete the post, but sorry this is my opinion.

P.S.: All this reminds me of an old Clash song

Yes I am the dictator the more guns I got the better
Yes I am the liquidator I carry the old Beretta
You know there once was freedom
You know how dangerous that can be
The people used to dance & sing
& they used to run wild in the streets
But now I am the voice
Howling from your radio
From my armour plated Cadillac
You'll hear what I say goes

(Album Cut The Crap, Song Dictator 1985)

Re: Topic "Stones Hotels" gone???
Posted by: RvO-NL-1 ()
Date: July 9, 2006 13:16

HOTEL PRINCIPE DI SAVOIA Milano
Piazza Repubblica 17 - Milano -

Cheers RvO-NL

StonesForum.nl

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: July 9, 2006 13:39

Couldn't agree with you more. It's hardly a security issue even if 100 fans congregate outside the hotel. That's why they have hotel security. It happened at lots of hotels in Canada and the US.

In Paris they always stay at the Four Seasons George V just south of Champs Eleysees. Since they have four nights off before the show I'm sure they will all be there for a few days. I might see you there.

Posted by: sater ()
Date: July 9, 2006 13:44

Anybody know where they will stay in Vienna??

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: July 9, 2006 14:04

imperial in vienna

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 9, 2006 15:18

>>>>>Topic "Stones Hotels" gone???

Of course. Well wishing fans outside their hotel are a major security threat and an intrusion into their privacy. Didn't you know ?

Posted by: sater ()
Date: July 9, 2006 16:15

glimmer twin 81 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> imperial in vienna

it's true???

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 9, 2006 16:20

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 21:58 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: July 9, 2006 16:22

I guess that some people want to hide their informations. They want to be the only ones to know where the Stones stay at. Thats probably the reason. The casual fan is not allowed to know.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 9, 2006 19:16

The Rolling Stones don't want others to know about their whereabouts.
When you phone Jane Rose or Fran Curtis, Rogers and Cowan, they will never say where the Stones are. They will not mention the hotel or the rehearsal place or whatever.
When you enter the hotel, where the Stones are staying, and you go to the frontdesk and ask if the Stones are staying there, the answer is always no, or I don't know, or we don't give information about our guests.
Those are very simple rules, whether we like the rules or not.
Bjornulf runs a Rolling Stones Fanclub and a messageboard. He simply has to stick to the Rolling Stones rules. The Stones don't want their whereabouts posted on the internet, so Bjornulf has no other choice than to live by these rules. And whatever anybody might think about these rules, whether you understand them, find them ridiculous or whatever, that's the way it goes.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 9, 2006 19:26

Beelyboy, I couldn't agree more. I was thinking of writing something about the backside of this kind of information, but assumed I would be talking to deaf ears.
Of course it would be exciting to meet the Stones, I would like that too....but I don't think RS would like to meet me. Especially not if they are relaxing with their families. But it's the crqazy guys, that should not have this informations. We had a crazy guy signed in here some days ago, before he was (hopefully) banned.
AND, when BV decides to run the policy of not having posts about where RS are staying, I think it's rude to write about it anyway. It's not that many things that he don't want written here, so there's no need to start a fuzz about his censorship.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 9, 2006 19:30

Rolling Hansie Wrote:
> The Rolling Stones don't want others to know about
> their whereabouts.
> When you phone Jane Rose or Fran Curtis, Rogers
> and Cowan, they will never say where the Stones
> are. They will not mention the hotel or the
> rehearsal place or whatever.
> When you enter the hotel, where the Stones are
> staying, and you go to the frontdesk and ask if
> the Stones are staying there, the answer is always
> no, or I don't know, or we don't give information
> about our guests.
> Those are very simple rules, whether we like the
> rules or not.
> Bjornulf runs a Rolling Stones Fanclub and a
> messageboard. He simply has to stick to the
> Rolling Stones rules. The Stones don't want their
> whereabouts posted on the internet, so Bjornulf
> has no other choice than to live by these rules.
> And whatever anybody might think about these
> rules, whether you understand them, find them
> ridiculous or whatever, that's the way it goes.

Exactly why would BV have to live by the Stones rules? Are you implying that he does not run this site independently of the Stones? You mean that they might have him on a leash, and his benefits would be withdrawn if he don´t listen to his masters voice? Is that what you mean?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-09 19:31 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: July 9, 2006 19:39

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> Beelyboy, I couldn't agree more. I was thinking of
> writing something about the backside of this kind
> of information, but assumed I would be talking to
> deaf ears.
> Of course it would be exciting to meet the Stones,
> I would like that too....but I don't think RS
> would like to meet me. Especially not if they are
> relaxing with their families. But it's the crqazy
> guys, that should not have this informations. We
> had a crazy guy signed in here some days ago,
> before he was (hopefully) banned.
> AND, when BV decides to run the policy of not
> having posts about where RS are staying, I think
> it's rude to write about it anyway. It's not that
> many things that he don't want written here, so
> there's no need to start a fuzz about his
> censorship.

The stones choose this way of life so they have deal with all the different sides of it. when you look at the pictures that were taken from them by fans outside the hotels i don't think they have a problem with it.

concerning the rules i don't have a problem with them as long as they are clear and you know them. but it seems that the rules are weak and changing day by day depending in which mood he is. that's my impression - maybe i'm wrong but that what i feel.

Date: July 9, 2006 19:48

Roadster32 Wrote:
> concerning the rules i don't have a problem with
> them as long as they are clear and you know them.
> but it seems that the rules are weak and changing
> day by day depending in which mood he is. that's
> my impression - maybe i'm wrong but that what i
> feel.

I believe this rule about "where to find them" has been there all the way.
What BV changes his mind about (depending on his mood :-) ) is funny-threads and OTs. Because....if something is r-e-a-l-l-y funny, BV probably laughs himself. And the "pretty girls"-threads...he just can't resist them. :-)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 9, 2006 20:41

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
>
> Exactly why would BV have to live by the Stones
> rules? Are you implying that he does not run this
> site independently of the Stones? You mean that
> they might have him on a leash, and his benefits
> would be withdrawn if he don´t listen to his
> masters voice? Is that what you mean?
--------------------------------------------------------
I am implying nothing and I meant it exactly as I wrote it. My message was quite clear. You can understand it any way you want it, or don't understand it all, if you prefer that.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 9, 2006 21:18

I was just wondering about the phrase "He simply has to stick to the Stones rules". Why is that? I run a Stonessite, and should someone, Stones or anybody else try to tell me what i can or can not write about, I tell them to stick it.
No pun inteneded at you, even if I sounded a little harsh smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-09 21:23 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: July 10, 2006 13:40

Which rules ??

Cheers RvO-NL

StonesForum.nl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-10 20:10 by RvO-NL-1.

Date: July 10, 2006 22:18

It's still here ...... ;-)

Cheers RvO-NL

StonesForum.nl

Date: July 10, 2006 22:21

That's because BV is in Spain.

Date: July 10, 2006 22:22

RvO-NL-1 Wrote:
> Which rules ??

I sure would like to know that alsosmiling smiley

Date: July 10, 2006 22:22

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> That's because BV is in Spain.

LOL

what about Italia ??

Cheers RvO-NL

StonesForum.nl

Date: July 10, 2006 22:31

x

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-11 00:14 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: July 10, 2006 22:36

RvO-NL-1 Wrote:
> Erik_Snow Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That's because BV is in Spain.
>
>
> LOL
>
> what about Italia ??

Uups,
nevermind Erik, he's from Barcelona!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-10 22:43 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: July 10, 2006 22:40

Let's just face it, folks! The world is not a peacefull place any longer. There are people who could use terror against the Stones to "make a hit against western culture and indecency". I really understand and defend Bjornulf's policy not to publish the names of the hotels on this site. That would be giving terroists enough time to plan an attack. However, when Stones-fans gather in a town for a show, we always know where the boys are. But we haven't told people who are not supposed to know.
BTW: Terror attacks against the US, the UK and Germany were planned by "foreigners" living in Denmark under false identity...

And, guys: Let's respect Bjornulf's wishes. It's his site. He runs it, and it's a great job. Every time some of you guys decide to sabotage the site policy, he has to spend time tidying up... Honestly, he's not your mummy, and most of us people are fraom 35 to 60(?)... We should know better than to give him hell. I really don't understand the attitude of some of you people. I've tried, but... Sorry!

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: July 10, 2006 22:41

Because it's power. Bv seems worried about his "sources" being removed. Of course his source had him post rumor as news and trying to convince us all Keith was near death. So I question his source. But a littel bit of power can be a bad thing.Or maybe the policy is rumor flies, fact does not. More fun that way.

Date: July 10, 2006 22:52

MnLtMi Wrote:
> Because it's power. Bv seems worried about his
> "sources" being removed. Of course his source had
> him post rumor as news and trying to convince us
> all Keith was near death. So I question his
> source. But a littel bit of power can be a bad
> thing.Or maybe the policy is rumor flies, fact
> does not. More fun that way.

What ARE you talking about?! He didn't post a rumour that Keith was near death. Actually he could have written a lot more about Keith's situation, it was really serious. (And one of Bjornulf's friends actually went to the hospital with the greetings from a few decent people at IORR) Ask your doctor if a blood clot in the brain is big, serious business... Keith was in deep shit. Your doc will confirm it. Then ask him how long it takes to recover from surgery following a brain blood clot. You might want to moderate some of your postings after that.

Date: July 10, 2006 23:38

Blah Blah Blah. This board is FULL of false information.

1. BV post about hey folks this is a wake up call, suggesting the entire tour was to be canned as Keith was not well at ALL. Did not see that?

2.BV news item very shortly after. Keith back in USA. He wasn't.Item removed.

3. Constant threat's to remove this or that item. It's his board, he can do what he wan'ts but there has to be the light of day somewhere.

4. Serious shit? Then a Flight 1/2 way around the world a very short time later. For serious shit that is.

5. Back on tour? Playing tennis and drinking beer 3 weeks after serious shit?
Come on.

Guess I will be banned. Oh Dear no.Please rember this baord represents a very small % of "fans" who have ever paid to see this Band play music.

Date: July 11, 2006 03:07

You sound so much like the guy who's constantly being banned at RS.com...
Take your medicine, man! You're talking shit. You present no facts, just your very own paranoid theories.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 11, 2006 03:17

I have a mind of my own. Believe it or not. For some strange reason the Stones keep letting me into their vaults. May be it is because IORR is the most visited independent web site of Stones only content in the world - with several hundred thousand people i.e. Stones fans visiting every month. I.e. Stones customers. Nobody can beat that. Not even NME or Daily Mirror or Bild Zeitung or anyone. Across the world. That's the facts.

Then there are lots of kids on IORR. Kids i.e. people who have never shaved or got to become a grandfather or seen the Stones live in the 70's and 80's. I do respect the fact that kids don't understand everything in life. If you wonder what that means vs. the Stones then see Charlie's answer to that question at the press conference in Milan somewhere on IORR.

IORR is free. You are free to visit and free to comment. But you are not free to insult. If you don't like the policy of IORR then feel free to visit GarthBrooks.com or some any other site where you are free to publish anything about the performer because nobody cares. But as a visitor on IORR you have to comply with the very simple rules I make. If not then you are not welcome. You may say I am a dictator. Sure I am. That is how it works. You have to trust me. Or any other source of information. But please do not tell me how to do my job. By the way. I have two jobs. IORR is in my spare time. I have a real job to do as well. And I know what I am doing. Perfectly. At my age I don't really care about people who tell me how to run my business.

If you wonder about security, wy don't you ask John Lennon, or Olof Palme, or some the US presidents. It is not about your personal needs, but about the safety of the band. The Stones are the world's most popular rock'n roll band. Right now this post is read by you - a fan - and anotehr thousand fans - and one nut case. I don't want that nut case to have an easy job. Not open for discussion.

Thank you. PS. Milan is great!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor

Date: July 11, 2006 05:06

The post just prior to yours BV insults ME. That is exactly what I am talking about. That is why the rules are usless because they only apply to some. shidoobee Swear at me man, real balls.I leave this "fan " site now so you all can go back to complaining about set list and RS.com,ticket prices, tour dates, where they play, oh yea and American's which is apparently within the rules. What a joke.By the way, hotels are a "secret" but the hospital where the man lay in "serious" trouble is posted everywhere staked out by this site and others. Security indeed.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home