Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who was at the Columbus show 9-24-05...?
Date: July 9, 2006 05:07

Who attended this show out there? I did. All I can say is it was phenominal! There were many highlights for me of that show. For ex:

1) Sway (first time ever)
2) The guy that rushed the stage and got harpooned by security right in front
Lisa, Bernard, and Blondie.
3) When they played Shattered on the B-Stage, Mick yelled "Everybody up there in
the top...DONT FALL DOWN!" It is special because it seemed to me like he was pointing to me and my friend. (im sure many other people felt this around us...haha)

Im from Michigan and I drove down there to see them. Well worth it. If you were there, do tell your expierence. Where were you sitting? What were your highlights?

"She's got a mind of her own, yeah, and she use it mighty fine..."

Re: Who was at the Columbus show 9-24-05...?
Posted by: drake ()
Date: July 9, 2006 05:43

I sat in the closest non-floor lower section on Keef's side about 15 rows back directly under the PA. Killer show! One of my all time favorites.. Sway was definately my favorite song from the night. Many people complained about how it needed improvement but to be completely honest I still think its one of the best versions of the tour (so far). Back of My Hand, Mr. Pitiful , She's So Cold... Great setlist.

I managed to record a little 2 disc souveneer of the show including Beck's opening set. Came out pretty decent but I've been working on a remastered version. Unfortunately I kinda rushed the process to put it out quickly.

-Drake

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 9, 2006 06:33

I remember when you delivered that disc by sleight of hand winking smiley

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: abb05 ()
Date: July 9, 2006 08:21

out of 5 abb shows so far, it was my fave.
they appeared rested and ready.

took forever to get in that place I recall.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: July 9, 2006 10:17

it was our start up gig from 8 shows in a row. we have travelled all the way long from austria to columbus. our baggage didn`t arrived with us, and it took till toronto we got it, but it was easy to travel without.
saturday, show day, started with a thunder storm in the morning. we walked around in german village, and the only thing in tv was the buckeyes, who played against somebody...
in the afternoon there was a unbelieveable pre-party at the venue with the shidoobees.

.. and then came sway....

on with the show in milano

robert and claudia from austria

Posted by: drake ()
Date: July 9, 2006 11:03

Killer way to start your trip man. I wish I had gone to the pre-show party. Shidoobees are a nice group of people. Very pleasant to chill with in Atlanta.

-Drake

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: July 9, 2006 12:56

Atlanta knows how to party!!! The ATL1 party was one for the ages.

Nice to meet you on the parking deck party at Duke Robert.

Posted by: TatooMe ()
Date: July 9, 2006 15:38

I was there right by the b-stage and got high 5's from Ronnie twice.
Highlights for me were Sway, ADTL, Mr. Pitiful.
I also got to meet Bernard at the Hyatt bar afterwards.
He was very cool and nice to all the fans who came up to him.
Great concert.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: July 9, 2006 18:12

I was there. I had nosebleed seats but I didn't care. It was amazing. Brown Sugar as the opener was a nice surprise and hearing Sway live before the rest of the world made me feel special, even just for 4 minutes. I had much better seats at one of the Chicago shows, but just b/c I was closer doesnt mean it was a better show than Columbus.

Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: July 9, 2006 18:43

very special show for me because i took my good friend who was leaving for marine corps boot camp the very next day and we got floor seats right next to the b stage

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 9, 2006 19:57

I was there, drove from St. Louis to catch it (on my b-day!).

Phenominal show. I was a bit leery, them getting up in age and all, but after that I'm convinced in some fashion they'll be playing into their 70's!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 9, 2006 19:58

P.S.

Drake, love the recording of that show, downloaded it just a few days later. Looking forward to the remastered version (although the original is pretty darn good!).

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: July 9, 2006 20:06

We were there...met robert & claudia...exilemark..parisbob...straycat dave & wife..exiled in medina...& others...saw a great show..highlite was definatly sway....the recording is worth getting...

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: July 9, 2006 21:27

hi ken,

nice to see you on iorr, tomorrow we will leave to italy. see you in...?

robert from austria

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: July 9, 2006 23:18

I was at the Columbus show. I thought the show was great! Of course there was SWay...nice. I was center stage about 20 rows back and the thing that I will always remember is 'back of my hand'(which I was hoping for before the show) and Mick doing his thing center stage looking straight ahead and giving that 'cock of the walk smile/grin...simply cool/amusing/worth the trip...good times!!!!!

Posted by: doster ()
Date: July 9, 2006 23:20

Of the five shows I saw it was the worst. I was in the eigth
row on Ronnie's side.
Ronnie and Keith were off, Jagger, as always saved the show.
Listen to most of Ronnie's leads, TD made me wince.

Love the band, but that show just didn't do it for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home