Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Got my copy of Stoned...
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 7, 2006 17:46

The video store I go to is really good with getting rare films or whatever you are looking for so a few months back I asked the guy to get this for me and it came in earlier this week. I watched about the first half of it and its ok, pretty much what I expected. Despite not using the Stones music they do a good job with the soundtrack, playing lots of old blues and Robert Johnson. I will write an extended review once I watch it a few times and let it all sink in.

One thing I noticed is they don't make Brian out to be a nasty person at all, they make him seem like an all around nice guy which we know was not true. Maybe they show the nasty side of him later in the movie or in the parts I have not seen yet. I'll report back about the movie as a whole soon.

Re: Got my copy of Stoned...
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: July 7, 2006 20:47

Yes, he gets nasty later on in the film. I thought the Stones were fairly accurately depicted, and the film wasn't nearly as bad as many of the reviews claim. It had its annoying bits and was far from perfect, but not a terrible film.

I rented it at our local vid store... If you have the option, those who have not seen it yet, rent it first before you decide to buy it. I enjoyed watching it, but I doubt I'd ever be inclined to view it again.

Re: Got my copy of Stoned...
Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: July 7, 2006 21:12

tate , i have the same opinion about the stoned movie.

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home