Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: FRANCE WON ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 6, 2006 15:26

Strike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It`s a great world cup party, but the games are
> boring. No goals at all. Let´s hope for a great
> final and please no 1:0 !!!!!!!!!!

you wouldn't happen to be American would you ?

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: July 6, 2006 15:38

Yeah, I was disgusted by the penalty awarded to Henry - still don't know what to think, it feels like he let his foot drag behind. After his fraud against spain... what a shame... and I used to really respect him!!

Still cannot believe it, and hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, the referee knew there was no foul but an accident, since he did not give a yellow card to the portugese.

Now, I have to say, I was shocked by the press campaign against the portuguese before the game, but - all these divings - a sickening sight. These players have no dignity!

A sickening game through and through, with the French team, however, mimicking dives even when there was in fact a foul, capitalizing on the press campaign...

Terrible, terrible attitude from both sides on the pitch. A game to forget.

I was ashame after the fraud victory against Spain, then the game against brazil redeemed the squad in my heart, hope they redeem themselves again against Italy!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 6, 2006 15:45

Most "experts" on television agreed it was a penalty after seeing the replays. Lightly awarded though

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 6, 2006 15:48

otonneau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was ashame after the fraud victory against
> Spain, then the game against brazil redeemed the
> squad in my heart, hope they redeem themselves
> again against Italy!

Fraud victory, 3 to 1 ????
Sorry, I don't get what you mean. Where was the fraud ?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 6, 2006 15:49

I used to have respect for Henry and Wenger too but after the Champions League and all the stupid things they both said (and Wenger during th WC) absolutly no class and no sense of fairness...Very dissaponited.

Nice that France won (couldn't sleep with all those clowns honking all night long) but the match was soooo boring....

The portuguese "divers" should have been more focus on scoring than on diving, just horrible.

Hope that France wins but I think Italy's just a bit too much...We'll see

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 6, 2006 15:49

I used to have respect for Henry and Wenger too but after the Champions League and all the stupid things they both said (and Wenger during th WC) absolutly no class and no sense of fairness...Very dissaponited.

Nice that France won (couldn't sleep with all those clowns honking all night long) but the match was soooo boring....

The portuguese "divers" should have been more focus on scoring than on diving, just horrible.

Hope that France wins but I think Italy's just a bit too much...We'll see

Date: July 6, 2006 16:26

Against Spain, France's 2nd and decisive goal follows from a free-kick awarded to Henry for a complete fraud. That makes it 2-1, Spain is forced to attack at all costs and it opens huge avenues for Zidane to counter-attack and score the third goal. Without that fraud, it was a completely different story.
I am French, but I am not blind. Perhaps also it's due to the fact that I am in UK right now. My friends in France see none of these things, call that the group-effect, delusion in favour of one's heroes...

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: July 6, 2006 16:37

I'm French and not especially blind and if you watch carefully there is penalty even if it's not a violent foul on Henry

Date: July 6, 2006 16:47

so here you speak about France/Portugal - I am willing to take your word, as I said I don't know what to think about that one. But what do you think about the spanish game? Is there a free kick?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home