Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The Truth about KR's accident
Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: June 29, 2006 20:02

erikjjf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ronnie is not still in rehab, he is in Capri.
>

I went to Capri last year. There was a rumor that Mick was there, and i was in Italy with my girlfriend anyways so we checked it out. Its a beautiful place.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: June 29, 2006 20:15

Really? You liked it alot Mttlacroix? My Girl friend and I were slightly disappointed (and she's a Southern Italian - well, kinda, doesn't relate to it too much, likes the North more). I thought that square on top where they keep telling people the couldn't sit on the steps was a bit crowded. It was alright but I'll take the Greek Islands anytime - love those....

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 29, 2006 20:46

There were some discussion about coconut palmtrees above...

Typical climbing (Pic [suif.stanford.edu])

Typical palmtree (Pic [www.georgeglazer.com])

Posted by: bluemonday ()
Date: June 29, 2006 21:13

bluemonday Wrote:
> So here's the real story.. A branch broke while
> keith was sitting on it. He landed on his feet,
> but fell backwards on his head. Later, while on a
> speed boat, he passes out and is rushed to shore.
> He had a stroke, triggered by the fall. His
> memory is not all there, and ALL upcomming shows
> are in doubt.(notice all the 07 cancleations?)
> He's out and about , but his playing and memory
> need alot more help. (notice all the 07
> cancleations?) Any yanks planning on Euro, save
> your money..Think this is bullshit, this was told
> to me today by Kim Brown, a very close freind of
> Keith's.

I never said anything about a Palm or coconut tree. You can believe what you'd like. Expect the worst..

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 29, 2006 21:32

bluethursday wrote:

Expect the worst..

Great! I love that song.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: June 29, 2006 21:35

I've got no expectations.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 29, 2006 21:42

bluemonday Wrote:
. Expect
> the worst..

I was kinda hoping for "Little T&A" or "Comin Down Again" myself, but I suppose its better than nothing....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 29, 2006 21:52

Cool, ohno and Gazza. I love being a smart ass when no one can actually slap the slobber out of my mouth!

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 29, 2006 21:59

keefed Wrote:
> R Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > turd Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > > He may well be suffering some amnesia, but
> > what
> > > does this, "..his playing needs more
> help...."?
> >
> > > Does this mean, he can't remember how to play
> > the
> > > guitar, or how the songs go?
> >
> >
> > Hell, that's been true for years.
>
>
> Well, dear R, I would like you let you know that
> Keith Richards is the ONLY ONE in the Stones, who
> doesn't need any instruction from Chuck or anybody
> what or when to play.
>
> Sorry to say but you are a complete idiot and
> maybe you haven't ever seen the Stones live...

I've seen every tour since '75 Bucky and in nearly 40 shows since I've seen;

Keith quit singing to plug his guitar back in, mix up the starting riffs to Brown Sugar and SMU, lose his place in the middle of SFM, play the solo to SFTD in the wrong key, fall down, start a song out of order from the set-list forcing the rest of the band to scramble to catch up, blow the intro to three songs in a TV taping requiring the (Winos) band to play it again and so on. I've also witnessed hours and hours of inspired genius on the part of Keith in the last three-plus decades. His errors are what add a human touch to the band as does his organic style.

Chuck runs the show and Mick and the band defer to him. However without Keith's unique and driving riffs and coloration they would merely be a Vegas review.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 29, 2006 22:11

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 23:31 by Beelyboy.

Date: June 29, 2006 22:21

R Wrote:
>> I've seen every tour since '75 Bucky and in nearly
> 40 shows since I've seen;
>
> Keith quit singing to plug his guitar back in,
> mix up the starting riffs to Brown Sugar and SMU,
> lose his place in the middle of SFM, play the solo
> to SFTD in the wrong key, fall down, start a song
> out of order from the set-list forcing the rest of
> the band to scramble to catch up, blow the intro
> to three songs in a TV taping requiring the
> (Winos) band to play it again and so on. I've also
> witnessed hours and hours of inspired genius on
> the part of Keith in the last three-plus decades.
> His errors are what add a human touch to the band
> as does his organic style.
>
> Chuck runs the show and Mick and the band defer to
> him. However without Keith's unique and driving
> riffs and coloration they would merely be a Vegas
> review.

outstanding post. You may now take the rest of the weekend off!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 29, 2006 22:27

No - it wasn't the post it could have been with a little infusion of an f-bomb or a swipe at the neo-cons thrown in for good measure. Folks - please heed the new rules and think before you post......

Date: June 30, 2006 23:19

bluemonday Wrote:
> bluemonday Wrote:
> -----
> > So here's the real story.. A branch broke while
> > keith was sitting on it. He landed on his
> feet,
> > but fell backwards on his head. Later, while on
> a
> > speed boat, he passes out and is rushed to
> shore.
> > He had a stroke, triggered by the fall. His
> > memory is not all there, and ALL upcomming
> shows
> > are in doubt.(notice all the 07 cancleations?)
>
> > He's out and about , but his playing and memory
> > need alot more help. (notice all the 07
> > cancleations?) Any yanks planning on Euro, save
> > your money..Think this is bullshit, this was
> told
> > to me today by Kim Brown, a very close freind
> of
> > Keith's.
>
> I never said anything about a Palm or coconut
> tree. You can believe what you'd like. Expect
> the worst..

[www.keithrichards.com]

bet you feel a right c**t now, loser?

Date: June 30, 2006 23:23

Right!!

if he had a "stroke" as the rumor says I think he would be out for a lot longer than a few months

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 30, 2006 23:34

Chec out the guy's toe....maybe a coconut fell on that, too...

JR

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: July 1, 2006 00:21

Come On Gazza, its like i said in my first response, people like this never own up to being wrong.The poster even has an out....all he would have to say is "oooop, I guess my source did not have the correct info."

But I bet he will not do that. The next time we see a bluemonday post, it will probably be under another name spouting of another icredible piece of guaranteed "truth" from a "deep inside source"that the rest of us are` not cool enough or smart enough to know about. After all, he is` only trying to help all of us idiots with a form of public service announcement.

Of course he could tell us we do not know how tightly controlled or highly edited and rehearsed that short video is and it is another complex part of a cover up. Maybe Mick called Ringo and asked how it was the Beatles got away with replacing Paul in the late 60's after "he blew his mind out in a car." Damn they did such a good job that f**kin imposter went on to become the richest musician in history! Maybe we will not see Blonide in Milan, and the tour as been delayed while the best plastic surgeons in the world have been carving him into a Keith clone. Yeah thats it...quick call the press...an informed source on the ineternet has just revealed a plot...

Hey I gotta go I think that is The Sun calling on my phone.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: July 1, 2006 01:54

blue monday i got word from somebody in fiji with keith at the time , he had a headache on the boat not a stroke you my friend are rumour mongering

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: July 1, 2006 06:49

Yeah blue monday i was at the NZ. Shows i know people that were at the Makaya resort at that time. Keith and Woody were there as well as there wives! I was in NZ. when keith unfortunatly had to return idiot. Supposedly on the news down there they did say he had a mid-line shift. Which means yeah it as bad as it sounds the blood from one side of the brain goes to the other side and could of possibly collasped. But obviouly that did not happen and they drained all that dead blood out before the otherside of the brain collasped. That's why all his kids came down there because it was a gnarly situation. Let's hope all goes well and we have to just deal with a few mis cues which Keith has been doing alot on the tour before the accident anyway's and will be allright!!!

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: July 1, 2006 07:24

it wasnt a good idea to go out on that cigar speed boat, really shook his head... and it wasnt a coconut tree.

Re: so sick and tired ...
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 1, 2006 07:38

yes, it's clear to most people that if it had branches it wasn't a palm tree, right?
but how do you freakin know it "wasn't a good idea" to go out in the speedboat -
that sure seems to have been a contributing factor to Keith getting the medical care he needed.
sorry but isn't it a bit late in the Drama Game to be puffing yourselves up with all this second-guessing
and amateur diagnostics and insinuations of "insider knowledge"? (i don't mean you in particular, soundcheck, i mean the whole lot of you puffins.)

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: July 1, 2006 07:47

not second guessin' sis.... speedin' about, hoppin' wakes, jarrin' an already primed head basically right after the tumble.

Date: July 1, 2006 08:00

Hey c'mon! When your Drunk you can fall out of a two story building get up walk over to your motorcycle and think you can pull off anything! That's just the way it is and i'm not amatuer cuing anything i was in New Zealand and that's what was reported on the news by the doctors Not a stroke! There was alot of press going on dowmn there and the doctors would report on his condistion. As far as the accident who cares they were having alot of well deserved fun!!!!!!!!

Date: July 1, 2006 08:04

I am not being critical, but as an MD I have to say that the above explanation of a mid-line shift on a CT of MRI ogf the brain is not at all correct.

The brain is divided into two roughly symmetrical halves with a pretty obvious "midline" running down the middle. Increases pressure on only one side, say from a tumor, a bleed in the membranes wrapped around the brain, will, because the skull is a closed container, shift the brain in the direction away from the pressures past the "midline."

Date: July 1, 2006 08:17

O.K. I'm not a doctor then the mid line is in the middle but that's what they were saying and obviously that would buid up pressure as it did and they drianed the hemmotobin. Is that pretty close hemmotobin That's what they drianed in my opinion i've had it done on my leg for three months at one point a year ago.

Posted by: bluemonday ()
Date: July 1, 2006 10:00

I @#$%& hope with all my heart and soul the shite I heard is wrong. But this cat always has good info. My post wasn't ment to be rumor mongering, but trying to help with a little 'inside info'. I want nothing more than to see my boy play for another 50 years. And if what I heard is wrong, so f-n be it. Just trying to share. Unlike The RS machine..

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 1, 2006 14:39

What's with all the medical second guessing again ? .
We went down all these roads weeks ago when we we were all worried to bits about Keith and didn't know what to believe.
There's no reason to think that Keith is now anything other than fine. He seems to have suffered a subdural haematoma which is, potentially, a very serious issue...but which if treated in a timely and appropriate manner need be neither life threatening nor debilitating once it's sorted out.
There's probably some truth in the legend of Keith's iron constitution too. OK, he's knocking on a bit by some folks standards, but he's a tough old buzzard and he looks fine to me.

Posted by: abb05 ()
Date: July 1, 2006 14:53

bluemonday Wrote:
> I @#$%& hope with all my heart and soul the shite
> I heard is wrong. But this cat always has good
> info. My post wasn't ment to be rumor mongering,
> but trying to help with a little 'inside info'. I
> want nothing more than to see my boy play for
> another 50 years. And if what I heard is wrong,
> so f-n be it. Just trying to share. Unlike The
> RS machine..

Fair enough, I hope my long planned and first trip to a U.K. Tour will be all I had hoped for. If not, so be it. But here's hoping.....

btw, nice site.

Date: July 1, 2006 15:34

Bluemonday you have earned my respect...you are the first bearer of bad news I have seen on any of these sites admit that you coud be wrong. I am on your side bro, I hope KR will play for my retirement. It is just tiring, if you have been here long enough, to see all the people who had info on Micks Mystery Illness after Licks ( that never materailized), or Charlie's Cancer ordeal ( they had him all but buried), that have all the info in the world, call all the rest of us silly for not knowing and beliveing, then never ever ever say...oops I was wrong.

Well you have moved up several notches in my estimate as a poster with a few simple words admitting what is true for all of us; we are all outsiders trying to look into the Stones organization, and at best , we can only guess and never reallly know,.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 1, 2006 16:07

Point is, apart from Mick, the undeniable fact is that The Stones are all quite ill. Charlie's recovered from throat cancer, Ronnie's in and out of rehab and Keith is out of his tree - sorry FELL out of his tree. So, of course, the remainder of the tour will always have a question mark over it.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 1, 2006 17:29

...and you or I might walk under a bus tomorrow. ;^)

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1451
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home