Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Gazza, info on Springsteen in Belfast and Dublin in November
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: June 28, 2006 20:10

From Backstreets.com:

LUCK OF THE IRISH!
Seeger Sessions tour to hit Dublin, Belfast, in November
Just a few days after the end of the U.S. leg, and Bruce is already making good on his "See you in the fall!" promise to Europe. The first announced shows are three on Ticketmaster.ie: a return to The Point in Dublin with two shows, November 17 and 18, and a stop in Belfast on November 21. Tickets go on sale next week, on Wednesday, July 5. See our Tour/Ticket Info page for details, times, and links... and more dates as they come in!

Re: OT: Gazza, info on Springsteen in Belfast and Dublin in November
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2006 20:44

you mean you didnt notice a brightening in my mood this afternoon, Halup? smiling smiley

Bloody delighted. I'd heard Belfast was a near cert for a show but was lost for words for once when I heard we were getting a weekend of shows in Dublin too. I'll be at all three - have my Dublin hotel booked already!

Supposedly theres a show in Antwerp on November 6th, but I havent heard rumours of any others yet

Date: June 28, 2006 21:30

Unless I'm mistaken, that's the first time that Springsteen will play in Belfast. I saw what was probably my only Seeger Sessions show on June 6th and would like to see more, but the U.S. won't get any more shows. I'm tempted to head to Europe for some Springsteen shows, like I did in 1999 and 2003 (went to the Dublin RDS show along with London shows), but will probably instead go to Hawaii in early December for the Stones and U2.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 28, 2006 23:06

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-08 01:58 by Beelyboy.

Date: June 28, 2006 23:35

Halup Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unless I'm mistaken, that's the first time that
> Springsteen will play in Belfast.

he played here in March 1996 on the Tom Joad tour. It was pretty much the only bonafide UK tour he's done since 1981..any other time its been London and (at best) a couple of provincial dates

I saw what was
> probably my only Seeger Sessions show on June 6th
> and would like to see more, but the U.S. won't get
> any more shows. I'm tempted to head to Europe for
> some Springsteen shows, like I did in 1999 and
> 2003 (went to the Dublin RDS show along with
> London shows), but will probably instead go to
> Hawaii in early December for the Stones and U2.

ah..1999 and 2003..fond memories! I hope for your sake you get the Stones in Hawaii...thatd be a nice way to end the year (and U2 for good measure)

Date: June 28, 2006 23:48

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-08 01:58 by Beelyboy.

Date: June 28, 2006 23:49

The Conan show is being broadcast in the UK tonight on CNBC in about an hours time

Date: June 28, 2006 23:55

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-08 01:57 by Beelyboy.

Date: June 29, 2006 00:15

'Deja vu' is a terrific song

I dont think 'Bring 'em home' was played at all on the Euro tour in May (I was only at the opening night in Dublin) but I've seen the AOL "18 nights" footage of it (from San Francisco) and I thought it was superb.

Date: June 29, 2006 00:53

Gazza, Bring 'Em Home was debuted in Paris on may 10th.

I compared the setlist of your Dublin show with my Los Angeles show and saw that you got Adam Raised A Cain, My City Of Ruins and Buffalo Gals. In their place I got Atlantic City, If I Should Fall Behind, Bring 'Em Home and Ramrod. How were the arrangements on the 2 Springteens originals that you got?

Have you heard the Irish influenced American Land that he debuted in New York? I downloaded that song and liked it a lot.

Date: June 29, 2006 02:21

Thanks for the corection..I have most of the European shows but didnt check!

I liked My City In Ruins as they kept the arrangement close to the original. I didnt care much for Adam Raised a Cain. It was ok, although I preferred it to Johnny 99 (he did a great violin-led arrangement of that at te final Giants Stadium show in 2003 which I wish he'd have kept). Some of the new arrangements of the old songs work better than others, but its good that he makes the effort nonetheless (I like the new 'Further on up the road' for example)

"American land" is great - I love it. Sounds like The Pogues!!

Posted by: charlotte ()
Date: June 29, 2006 02:56

ahhhh... that's what I call some real post'n

made my day reading this post...took a long walk while I was listening to XM Radio "Deep Tracks", played a few Bruce tunes-Blood Brothers,No Surrender, and Atlantic City (live version)...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home