Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Stones Funeral Songs
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 28, 2006 17:58

CindyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lukester Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> ...and I saw "Click" with my 10 year old daughter
> over the weekend. I thought it would be another
> Adam Sandler funny movie....talk about a
> tearjerker!!!! I wasn't prepared for that. Not a
> dry eye in the house.
>
>
> Was she mad that you didn't take her to see Hostel
> instead?

Very funny, Cindy (who happens to know my youngest daughter is a big fan of horror movies)....Hostel was a very, very disturbing movie.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 28, 2006 18:23

Lukester Wrote:
there was maybe a tad too much of dog humping humor but the basic theme was presented very well and with poignant results.

hehe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-28 18:38 by CindyC.

Re: Stones Funeral Songs (LUKESTER)
Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: June 29, 2006 01:13

HI LUKESTER.... I am doin'ok and you? How is your arm?
YEAH the "duck-humping dog" was a bit much (probably for your 10 year old daughter!) I had the fleeting feeling when Adam crashed on the bed at "Bed, Bath and Beyond" the it just "MIGHT" be a dream...you know..like the Wizard of Oz.
I only recently caught on to Adam Sandler..when he was on SNL..I never watched it..thought he was probably a disgusting jerk. Then one evening when NOTHING was on TV, I started watching "50 First Dates" Mindless, but sweet, then Spanglish..very "sweet"..then I became obsessed and rented ALL his movies, some were too stupid to watch to the end, but some were very good..so I had to go to the opening night of "CLICK" Did you ever hear his CD "What the Hell Happened to Me?"? Pretty disgusting but funny
Well I am way off the topic of "FUNERAL SONGS" I will throw one in:
"Ain't No Use Cryin"........."I ain't never, ever comin' back"
Most of my family knows to give the funeral director all my Stones CDs with the exception of "Imagine" and a few old hymns....that's all I want

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 29, 2006 01:20

Well hello Marcia. Thanks for your nice reply. Did you like Punch Drunk Love. And thanks for asking, my arm has healed as though nothing ever happened. It's doing great. I have a ten inch scar and some titanium hardware in my arm, but otherwise I'm doing great.

and as for funeral songs, I'm still leaning towards "Will The Circle Be Unbroken"

Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: June 29, 2006 01:29

Punch Drunk Love...I liked it....the one I couldn't watch 'til the end was "Little Nicky" maybe if I had watched it all, there would have been a point? Same with "The Waterboy" although ultimately I think I did catch most of it at different times on HBO and it did get some better.
Good choice, "Will the Circle Be Unbroken"
I am glad you healed so well...but I think you are young, if I remember...

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: June 29, 2006 04:39

I have already given explicit instructions that WILD HORSES must be played at my funeral, all through it! Hopefully the person in charge will know the Stones' music and use their imagination. Well, on second thought, I'd beter write out the entire song list: Dead Flowers, Let It loose, Out oF Tears, Gimme Shelter( No Security version), As Tears Go BY, the Live version from this tour, Moonlight Mile and ALL OF EXILE!

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 29, 2006 09:36

Bockwuchsd Wrote:
> @#$%&

Would this be a fair description of yourself or something that you have never achieved?

Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: June 29, 2006 11:00

Only Stones songs allowed to be played at my funeral, nice suggestions;
Hand Of Fate, I Am Waiting, Paint It Black, Fool To Cry, Down In The Hole, Shine A Light, Coming Down Again, Good Times, Beast Of Burden, Saint Of Me, and the whole second side of Tattoo You, Get Off My Cloud(as everyone leaves)

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: June 29, 2006 13:47

Slipping Away, Stripped version. And then Let It Rock, to scare the sh*t out of 'm... ;-) Joke of course.
Monkey Man in case people believe in reïncarnation. Or King Bee!
For the people speeching, I would say: You Don't Have To Mean It.
For the people left behind: That's How Strong My Love Is (Four Flicks) (Serious. Beautiful isn't it?)
In case I'm murdered in a crime of passion: Worried About You (Baaaaaabyyy what'd you do this for?)
In case people just won't start crying: Heart Of Stone for sure will make 'm cry, as suggested before.

Nice thread! Something to distract us in these days...

Jelle

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: June 29, 2006 14:38

My neighbour just passed away. Poor lonesome old lady.

I've been giving the funeral song question some thoughts over the years.

Two Trains come to mind. But also Gimme Shelter and Sympathy are on the list.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home