Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Another Question About FOS in Europe venues
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 25, 2006 18:04

I will be in Europe during the tour, and have time to see a couple of shows. However, I cannot get to the venues until about 8:00 p.m. In this case, is it still worth it to seek out FOS tickets, or should I buy seats in the tiers?

Re: Another Question About FOS in Europe venues
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 25, 2006 18:46

I'd imagine it depends where you're going.

Some venues will have earlier curfews than others for outdoor shows in residential areas, so the Stones may be onstage at different times as a result.

For the UK shows (which have pitch seating anyway as opposed to FOS general admission) the shows will probably all be over by 10.30, but I would guess many of the others would be a bit later.

I'd doubt that the Stones will be onstage at ANY show at 8 pm, so if you turn up around that time, you should do ok

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 25, 2006 18:53

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd imagine it depends where you're going.
>
> Some venues will have earlier curfews than others
> for outdoor shows in residential areas, so the
> Stones may be onstage at different times as a
> result.
>
> For the UK shows (which have pitch seating anyway
> as opposed to FOS general admission) the shows
> will probably all be over by 10.30, but I would
> guess many of the others would be a bit later.
>
> I'd doubt that the Stones will be onstage at ANY
> show at 8 pm, so if you turn up around that time,
> you should do ok

Gazza,

I think he's asking about "time" with respect to being able to "stake out a good position" in the unseated FOS areas in most European venues ???

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 25, 2006 18:59

I was first in line for a concert in 98. Actually me, and somebody else, had spent the night outside the stadium. We saved the hotel-money.
The really irritating thing, was that they opened the other entrances before "mine". It took about 3 minutes from the other gates opened 'till they opened mine. So when I got in, there were lotsa people in front of stage. I exploded in 1000 pieces, and missed the concert.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: June 25, 2006 19:19

Hey Erik, was this in Oslo?

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 25, 2006 19:24

Yes it was.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: June 25, 2006 19:31

I attended the same show. Was front of stage the whole show. Guess I was lucky when they opened the gates. Sorry for you, though! Are you going to any of the shows this summer?

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: June 25, 2006 20:34

We will be seated in the stands for paris as not likely to arrive in the Stadium before 7.30pm

I would not like someone pushing in to the front just before they come on and would not do it to others who stood in line for hours to gain a good spot.

I do however know others who are happy to turn up late and barge their way to the front : ((

Date: June 26, 2006 04:14

This is very helpful. If you show up late, can you stand towards the back of the FOS section and get a clear view of the band, or is it usually packed tight?

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: June 26, 2006 09:26

It depends on what you want to do and see. Standing at the very back of the FOS is still better than 80 percent of the rest of the stadium. It's also very close to the B-stage.

I intend to try to stand half-way back in the FOS area. I have no interest feeling like a sardine in a can at the very front, where you can't even see Charlie in the first place! Half-way back as close to the ramp as possible is the best place (in my opinion)

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: June 26, 2006 09:46

I go with Ron091 on this one. There's a lot of free space in 2/3 of the FOS, thanks to our high-density friends up front and along the catwalk of course.

Jelle

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2006 10:00

of course all the cool and classy fans let women who dance up front where the band can see 'em -
just as a courtesy to the musicians. and it makes for a much better show for everybody. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: June 26, 2006 14:03

Just as info, drbryant, here in Spain the Stones won't get to the stage before 10:00 PM.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: June 26, 2006 14:48

hi
i also got a fos ticket.were are the special entries to the fos or on stage section? sorry, i just saw one show with one entry for the main field in 2003. that's why i don't have an idea. since the stage is too high i can't imagine seeing them the best in the 1st row. is there also an opportunity to get some drinks there or go to the toilett? i know all these questions seem to be a little stupid for most of you but being so close is simply beyond my believe.i like a big adventure for a little boy.
does anyone have some pics?
thankyoumuch!

Date: June 26, 2006 15:02

There are Toilets for the FOS section but not on the pitch & getting back to your place may not be so easy if you are alone best to strike up conversation with the people around you and then they recognise you when you return that is if you can remember where you were standing.

In Germany they serve drinks in the audience they wander round & have backpacks with beer + plastic cups they have a flag so you can see where they are.

If you are near FOS they pass water back from the area in front of the stage.

Dont know if this is for every Europian concert but I assume having lots of water available will be a must as it should be hot and they wont want people dehidrated.

UK are the worst imho for passing out water but as all shows are seated this time it should be easy to get some.

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: June 26, 2006 19:49

tank you very much madmaxx!!

Date: June 27, 2006 08:56

I think I'll go with FOS, show up late, and take my chances (they don't oversell the FOS so that there's no room, do they?). Thanks for the advice everyone.

Date: June 27, 2006 10:53

If the head count is not enough come showtime they will let some of the peeps standing in the cat 4 area in to the FOS area.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home