Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: protesting the TicketMaster UK mess
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2006 09:13

>> this cant be true <<

right: of course it can't be true that there's no international delivery -
they offered it in the earlier sales (after some intervention from rs.com), so why are they not offering it now,
and why are they telling people who manage to phone them that it's impossible??
the option - and the will-call option - ought to be available to everyone, via the internet.

>> To the man's credit, he was one of the nicest people I have dealt with anywhere on the phone <<

that's been my experience too, every time i've managed to phone TM UK the people i've talked to have been wonderfully *nice*.

>> "But I sure loved the way that she laughed and called me Honey!" <<

:E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 26, 2006 11:38

I live in Norway.
In december I ordered two tickets via ticketmaster.co.uk for The Strokes in Hammersmith Apollo, London. And I recived them short time after.
Some few weeks later in january, I ordered tickets for The Stones in London.
So there's no doubt they deliver (at least did) tickets to foreign customers. I would be shocked if they can't this time. For the bigger bang tour I have ordered tickets from Italy, France, Germany and the Czech Republic. Every time I have recived my stones tickets after a few days. I don't understand this mess. They can't blame the change of venue from Wembley to Twickenham. Just print the bloody tickets and send them!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 26, 2006 13:59

The Worst. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live in Norway.
> In december I ordered two tickets via
> ticketmaster.co.uk for The Strokes in Hammersmith
> Apollo, London. And I recived them short time
> after.
> Some few weeks later in january, I ordered tickets
> for The Stones in London.
> So there's no doubt they deliver (at least did)
> tickets to foreign customers.

they do, however the difference may be in the cost of them. Insurance costs on sending out tickets worth several hundred pounds might be a factor

Any time I've ordered Stones tickets for shows in the US (4 times since No Security) the only option I've had was will-call. When I phoned to get Hartford tickets in late 1998, I asked for them to be sent to me in the UK, but was told that once the tickets are over a certain value (in this case it was over $400), they cant be sent recorded delivery/registered mail so will-call is the only alternative.

I would guess that its a similar issue in the UK, with tickets costing up to £150 each

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 26, 2006 14:10

<<<<<I would guess that its a similar issue in the UK, with tickets costing up to £150 each>>>>

Or a ridiculous 340!

Date: June 26, 2006 14:28

In fairness, I dont think theres been a word invented to do that 'offer' justice - unless theres a word I'm unaware of which describes being the victim of a sexual assault with an electric cattleprod - maybe we could call it being "Cohled" or "Jaggered"...

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2006 14:34

>> the difference may be in the cost of them. <<

that would even make sense if only there were a will-call option available on line.
but there isn't; nor was will-call an option back in dec/jan/feb.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: June 26, 2006 14:45

This is on the RM site in the UK for both international signed for and Airsure.

*Please note that from the 18th May 2006, the maximum compensation for any cash, currency notes, securities and travellers cheques sent via International Signed For will be £100. Also from the same date additional cover will not be available for mobile telephones where the maximum compensation will be £32.

They treat Concert tickets like cash so they will no longer cover tickets over £100 in value.

TM may have been caught out as RM did not announce this until Feb/Mar sometime.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 26, 2006 16:36

There appears to be some sort of movement at Ticketmaster.co.uk, as a last resort you could even call it progress .... !!

Ref my original observations of late last week, there are now finally two CORRECT links to ONSTAGE tickets for the Twickenham shows, one dated Sunday 20th and one dated Tuesday 22nd. So the message seems to have gotten through as far as that one goes.

Bizarrely however, there are still these curious discrepancies between the various things they're selling for the 5 Stones UK shows as far as ticket delivery options go. At the moment (Monday 26th) there is a selectable option for overseas ticket buyers for Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff but NOT for Twickenham, and NOT for ANY of the ONSTAGE tickets ??? Why for SOME and not for ALL ??? Or failing that, why no selectable "will call" option ??? It's a perfectly legit question, their current setup is completely nonsensical.

Boy o boy does this company move in mysterious ways ? I only hope that IF there are Stones shows in the States in the fall, and I end up trying to get to go to one, that the tables don't become turned and I end up suffering at the hands of Ticketmaster.com in a similar way - as a U.K. resident trying to buy tickets for an event in N America ?

I know I have banged on about this and I hope I haven't pissed too many people off in the process, but in all fairness, there is a kind of important principal at stake here. That principal could be loosely termed ............. functioning competently, professionally, and consistently. From where I'm sat, sorry Ticketmaster.co.uk - you've got a long way to go.

Date: June 26, 2006 16:47

...and these incompetent fúckmooks will still have the brass neck to stick about £10 or more onto your order per ticket as a 'service charge'...

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: June 26, 2006 17:08

Gazza, regarding all this complexity, I think you should consider the service-charge a kind of compensation for all the extra time that you are 'enjoying' this event. It occupies the ticketholders for a large amount of time, already more than a month before the actual event. I think it is reasonably fair that they charge a small amount of money for all the entertainment they are providing. It is proved again: a Stones-gig is so much more than just a gig!

(Should I run now?)

Dont mean any harm here, but if this is distracting your anger away from TM UK for a minute, I think I've done a good deed ;-)

Hope everything turns out right for all of you.

Jelle

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 26, 2006 17:15

Shit, I ordered my tixs by phone - and by reaching that point in the process, I thought everything was in order (you can see my reflections earlier in other tread few weeks ago). The person was very nice and helpful, as is described above. He said that my tickets will be sent by mail. I felt releaved. But now, after reading these messages, I am worried again. I haven't heard anything from ticketmaster - no confirmation by e-mail, but the money has been taken from my credit account. But there is no mentioning of any order in 'my account order history' in their stupid site service. @#$%& that, but what I am intersted in now is that are they able to send those bloody easily over £100 tickets here? If not, where the hell I will get them? All I have is a reference number and the document of their use of my credit card. For their @#$%& £9 delivery or service price I am not very keen on making overseas long distance calls any more.

Anybody have any idea how to cause some serious damage to this idiot 'ticketservice' that treats people like shit? Something needs to be done. My American friends, people of action, where are you now when you are needed?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-26 17:17 by Doxa.

Date: June 26, 2006 17:39

sluissie Wrote:
> Gazza, regarding all this complexity, I think you
> should consider the service-charge a kind of
> compensation for all the extra time that you are
> 'enjoying' this event. It occupies the
> ticketholders for a large amount of time, already
> more than a month before the actual event. I think
> it is reasonably fair that they charge a small
> amount of money for all the entertainment they are
> providing. It is proved again: a Stones-gig is so
> much more than just a gig!
>
> (Should I run now?)
>
>

LOL...well its given ME a laugh, but then again, I'm not one of the poor bastards who want to see the Stones and have trouble ordering tickets from a company who cant figure out whether they want to sell them to them or not.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 26, 2006 20:24

when a ticket got lost, they just can delete the old ticketnumber and print a new one with another barcode i guess? no need to insure the thing...

-Menno

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: BikeDude ()
Date: June 26, 2006 21:23

MononoM Wrote:
> when a ticket got lost, they just can delete the
> old ticketnumber and print a new one with another
> barcode i guess? no need to insure the thing...

Well, scalp off one ticket, report it as lost, and then sell the new one...? Seems like a possible invitation for abuse.

Anyway, I'm starting to see why a buddy of mine consistently refers to them as "TicketBastards". A cheap shot, but very accurate.

Rune

Date: June 26, 2006 21:30

Ticket master policy.
Lost, Stolen, or Destroyed Tickets

If you have not received your tickets within two business days prior to an event, or you notice your tickets are missing or have been destroyed, please click on the link below and "Ask a Question" immediately. Be prepared with the confirmation number for your account. Our Customer Services Advisors are available to answer your questions and resolve your queries quickly and easily.

By verifying whether the tickets are replaceable, and, if they are replaceable, they will instruct you as to where and when to pick up your replacement tickets. This is normally done at the Box Office prior to the show, and the tickets are marked as "Duplicate" so that they are easily identified as the valid tickets, however Ticketmaster may require you to follow a different procedure in order to obtain the replacement tickets. If replacement tickets are to be issued, then we may require that they only be picked up by the person whose name appears on the credit card used to purchase the tickets and that that person must present the credit card used to purchase the tickets, along with a confirmation number and valid photo identification.

Tickets should always be treated like cash. General admission tickets cannot be replaced. Keep them in a safe place, away from direct heat, sunlight, and moisture. Be sure to store them where they can easily be found again. Tickets are printed on heat-sensitive paper. Any contact with higher temperatures will cause the ticket to darken or turn black, so please keep this in mind when storing. Do not attempt to laminate tickets.

Date: June 26, 2006 23:53

Oh Doxa, it doesn't matter if you worry, because there is not an F'ING thing to do!!

But, to put you a little at ease...if you look below you account history there is another field for PHONE ORDERS. Apparently TicketmaterUK tracks those differently, and they will not show up in your account history. BUT, as far as I can tell, the sytem does not recognize NON UK #'s, so you are still stuck.

And my experience , to the serious budget detriment of next month's phone bill, is that the answer you will get if you call is dependant on the knowledge and industriousness of the agent that answers the phone and not at all on any real facts.

Emails? I have never had a response to any e-mail question from TicketmasterUK since the Licks tour. I am still waiting e-mail confrimation of Twick 2 tickets bought at presale last spring! Obviously I am not holding my breath waiting on that. BUT today, 2 days later, I did get an e-mail confirmation of the Twicks 1 ticket I bought for my niece including where and when to pick them up at the stadium.

In my various calls I have been told OnStage is sold out, On Stage is all that is availble,I will get my tickets, I will not get my tickets,I can order new ones, I cannot. It is all a crap shoot. In comparison, not that they are saints, when buying Miami tickets last summer, a computer glitch at the presale held me up. I called TM USA customer service and asked for a supervisor, who told me the show was sold out, but took my name and telephone number. Two hours later he called with two tickets row 12 KR side.

I try hard at this site to remain politically neutral, but at this point I have to ask if Ticketmaster UK is representative of Grand Britainnia's organization, is it any wonder that Wembley is not ready?

Date: June 27, 2006 00:06

well, Wembley is being built by Aussies - but as well as blaming them, we blame the government for that particular mess...

TM are on their own!

Date: June 27, 2006 02:08

I blame the guy who did not keep his promise to the workers.

They promise them one pay deal and then go cutting the wage.

So the workers just take their time and will still end up with the same money well actually more.

The contractor on the other hand is now running at a V big loss.

Date: June 27, 2006 02:22

didnt exactly help matters when the bookmakers in London were offering odds on whether the stadium would be finished on time for this years FA Cup final - and despite Multiplex's insistence that it WOULD be, the guys who were working on constructing it were seen en masse laying large sums of money betting that it WOULDNT ....!!

Date: June 27, 2006 02:26

Gazza Wrote:
> didnt exactly help matters when the bookmakers in
> London were offering odds on whether the stadium
> would be finished on time for this years FA Cup
> final - and despite Multiplex's insistence that it
> WOULD be, the guys who were working on
> constructing it were seen en masse laying large
> sums of money betting that it WOULDNT ....!!

Well the real question is ........ will the Stones play the new beautiful Wembley at some point in time whenever the bastard IS eventually finished. They can't NOT - surely ?

Date: June 27, 2006 02:37

Well if Brno has now officailly bitten the dutd and the Czech papers really are claiming that the Stones will not perform in 2007 as posted ona differnt thread, then I think they will NOT pauly...it is the end times.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 27, 2006 03:14

Gazza....Wembley is being built by Aussies

Hey Gazza we've always been good at building things...

Stan Cross 1933

ROCKMAN

Date: June 27, 2006 03:37

LOL..you have a picture for EVERY occasion!

Date: June 27, 2006 15:32

If anyone's interested ......... finally got a reply from Ticketmaster with regards to what I was banging on about at the end of last week and into the weekend.

See below:

=============================

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Sarah Lee) - 27/06/2006 12:23 PM
Dear Paul

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are no longer dispatching tickets overseas. For any events that give that option the booking made, will automatically be transferred to the box office collection option where they will be waiting at the venue.

BOX OFFICE INFO

Yours tickets are available for collection from the box office on the night of the event. The venue will be clearly sign posted giving clear indication as to where to collect your tickets on arrival at the event.

Please take with you your Ticketmaster Reference Number plus the card used at time of booking.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 27, 2006 15:37

at least you got a reply from those shisters, Pauly.
- thanks for your persistance with this,
interesting and telling stuff.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 28, 2006 01:33

> Yours tickets are available for collection from the box office on the night of the event. The venue will be clearly sign posted giving clear indication as to where to collect your tickets on arrival at the event.

so we have to queue twice for each show? wow just great smiling smiley now i know why i love seats again, you can arrive late at the venue

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 28, 2006 01:42

Wow, so now thousands and thousands of us not from the UK will be standing in line to get our tickets...wonder how many of us who actually will make it to the show?

And why don´t they mail us with the above info? I feel I´m still in the dark here.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-28 01:45 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: June 28, 2006 02:03

Ugh...Unbelievable. That won't take several hours.

Date: June 28, 2006 02:04

The question is are they now going to email all international ticket buyers and tell them this ??.

Are they also going to refund the postage a lot of people have paid ??.

I blooming well hope so.

Date: June 28, 2006 02:19

Those who purchased from the SECC I think you had better check you are having them sent out.

If SECC is selling on behalf of TM there could also be a problem there ??.

Or is this ban on sending to international ticket buyers only applying to Twickenham ??.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home