Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
YOUR REFUND ROLLING STONES PARIS
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 23, 2006 19:33

anyone got this e-mail too, it`s ok? from " stsevas@ticketnet.fr "

Hello,

we are waiting to refund you your booking for Rolling Stones Concert but we need your credit card numbers in order to do your refund.
Could you please send me the numbers and the expire date of your card.

Thank you.

Regards. from

Stéphanie TSEVAS
Ticketnet
Service web
101 avenue François Arago
92017 Nanterre Cedex
01 49 97 52 16

Re: YOUR REFUND ROLLING STONES PARIS
Posted by: Petanis ()
Date: June 23, 2006 20:03

What?

In the first mail wasn´t anything about Credit card number and expire date my card. They wrote only " Send your ticket and we refund your account...

Then I send the tickets without card number etc yesterday ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-23 20:04 by Petanis.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 23, 2006 20:05

It seems strange that they don't know your credit card number, I guess you bought your ticket with your credit card, no?

I would reply and ask them why they need the number and the expiry date!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 23, 2006 20:06

Strange, maybe someone who speaks French could call them to confirm it is not a scam

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: June 23, 2006 21:16

May be a scam.

Or

May be another peculiar french law that they are not allowed to store peoples C/Card details ??.

Others on hear have received refunds via Cheque in €€€ when they paid with C/Card ,not so good if it is not your currency.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 23, 2006 21:18

Very, Very strange. Why should ask for it ?

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 23, 2006 21:44

i replied to the e-mail and that was the result.

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at aon.at.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
195.115.9.69 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 501 Blocked
Giving up on 195.115.9.69.

so,scam!?

Posted by: watts26 ()
Date: June 30, 2006 13:24

Is there anyone who doesn't live in France and who has got a refund yet for the Paris I concert?

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: June 30, 2006 13:31

I received the very same e-mail.
It's funny because I had just finished arguing with them over the phone, as they just told me it'd take them at least a month to refund me.
Anyway, I didn't e-mail back, but faxed them the card details.

It's quite funny though.
First they want a copy of your ID or passport to secure the sale of tickets and now they ask for CC numbers over the web? Everybody know it's not safe ...

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: July 3, 2006 15:33

Just received the mail too..... nobody call them for know if this is scaming or this is truth??

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 3, 2006 15:56

Don't ever give that info...Sure sounds wierd, me and everyone I know got refunded by just sending the tix, no CC info at all.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 3, 2006 16:00

leteyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't ever give that info...Sure sounds wierd, me
> and everyone I know got refunded by just sending
> the tix, no CC info at all.

Totally agree. It seems weird. Never give that info.

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: July 3, 2006 16:14

HI,
Just a friendly FYI: NEVER give your credit card info out like this. It is quite likely a scam. Any legitimate company would not ask you for this info, they may ask you for a confirmation number or some other way to track your order. This is a HUGE scam in the US and people get bilked out of millions. Better safe than sorry.

Date: July 3, 2006 17:43

I´ve send an email to them throught the web ticketnet.fr this is the answer than I´ve receive :

Hello, We confirm that we need these informations to refund you Regards, TICKETNET Web Service - Challenge 92 -101 avenue François Arago92017 Nanterre CedexFrance Tel : + 33.1.49.97.51.91Fax : + 33.1.49.97.52.15

SOMEBODY CAN CALL???? I´ll buy some beers in Paris!!!

Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: July 3, 2006 18:24

This is absolute BS! Ticketnet.Fr still have my credit card number on file because when I ordered the replacement FOS, my number came right up when I logged in. If this is the real Ticketnet (which I highly doubt) they would have no trouble crediting the same account that they debit for the new one. I sent them an e-mail telling them there was no way I was forwarding the requested info. It is their obligation to return my money, and this is not a legitimate way to do it. Not only do they keep all the mailing fees (over 15 euros) but now they want this? No way!

Date: July 3, 2006 18:53

yep Ron, this seemed be an insecure thing.... But I´ve nto answer the email, I´ve contact them trought the official web (http://www.ticketnet.fr), I´ve ask them about confirm than they need it and I´ve ask them to send me the confirmation to 2 differents mails (the public what they have and other private not public at all) and they does so.......

Is possible than a scammer can got the mail than I´ve send trhought the official site???

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 3, 2006 18:53

NEVER give your details through an email

Date: July 3, 2006 21:23

Guys, i know it sounds strange and i understand that you worry about giving your CC details by mail. And your right because email is not safe. But i think this email really comes from ticketnet, just read what kaskatans wrote.
It seems that for some reasons ticketnet needs your cc details and is not able to find them in its records.
Maybe you should ask ticketnet if stsevas@ticketnet.fr is really an email adress from the company?
I sent back my tickets and asked for a refund on my cc, and told them that i didn't want to give my cc details by mail, but that they could refund on the cc used for the purchase. Finally, they sent me a check.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-04 00:13 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Date: July 3, 2006 21:41

Do these emails have the reference No of your original booking on them ??.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 3, 2006 21:49

Do these emails have the reference No of your original booking on them ??.

No, they don't contain the reference number of the booking.

I received an e-mail from sender "Stephanie Tsevas" on June 23 and today I got an e-mail from Service Clients TICKETNET. They're refering to "your booking for Rolling Stones Concert" without using the actual booking number. I think this is definitely a scam. I can't believe that Ticketnet.fr would actually write something like "Could you please send ME the numbers and the expire date of your card". Send the tickets to "ME" sounds really strange to me and therefore I won't reply to these e-mails.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-03 21:51 by The Stones.

Date: July 3, 2006 22:05

I received an email last week and it had the booking Ref No on it.

Return-Path: <[email protected]>

It only asked for Me to Confirm my Address

Tel:0825 129 139
Fax:01 49 97 52 15

Posted by: keith the second ()
Date: July 3, 2006 23:25

I phoned them today and they confirmed that the mail is send by Ticketnet and, yes, they need the card-numbers for the refund.
So, this all seems OK to me.

Date: July 4, 2006 00:30

Well now I am receiving email supposedly from them

Return-Path: <[email protected]>

With a link to buy tickets for France Italy Football match.

Surely there are no tickets left ??.

Posted by: dunhill ()
Date: July 4, 2006 14:04

I called Ticketnet and they confirm that this e-mail was sent by them.
I told them that lots of fans are worried that these e-mails could be some kind of scam to fish money out of our CC accounts and they understand, they will be asking for faxes from now on.

Posted by: ISAKAPI ()
Date: July 4, 2006 23:14

I called Ticketnet to 00 33 1 49 97 52 16 and one girl answered. I asked if she was Stéphanie TSEVAS (from the e-mail) and she said yes. I explained in my basic English that many of us don't want to send credit cards data by e-mail. I asked the reason why they want again our data and she told me that 'for safety reasons their system did not keep the complete card data, so they can not refund nothing with our information'.

After giving her my name she quickly found me and confirmed that they will refund 91 Euros in approx. 1 week time. I provided her my Visa card data directly by phone since she seemed trustable to me. But it is possible also to send them by fax to the 00 33 1 4997 52 15

I will tell you if I receive my money during the next week!

Date: July 5, 2006 00:55

Would have been better if they use email refund@ticketnet.fr as any employees in a company never give you their full name anyway.

Or in the uk that is so, they are not allowed in case you are a fruit cake who will stalk them.

Posted by: Cosmique ()
Date: July 5, 2006 22:04

I received the same e-mail. Then I wrote my answer in a Word document with a password that I sent in another mail. Can you believe that they weren't able to open it? They said that in France it is impossible to open a word document with a password! In the end, I had to phone them in order to give my info.

Posted by: rp ()
Date: July 13, 2006 11:00

The good news is that everything is above board. I was also dubious about the email, but after checking that it was legit and that the address for returning my tickets belonged to the firm in question, I followed their instructions - and then heard nothing for a month. Following my last email which threatened them with my credit card company if the money wasn't returned, my card was immediatley refunded. So if you haven't got your money hang on in there and be pushy!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 13, 2006 11:22

I sent my CC info via Word Document. Before that they confirmed
that the original Tsevas-Email was correct.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 13, 2006 12:22

We heard yesterday that we will get our refund next week but this was through a ticket agency.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home