Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Ronnie's Other Guitars
Posted by: gwen ()
Date: December 7, 2011 11:42

nankerphlege
Does anyone know if all 3 pickups on Ronnie's disc front z could be used at once?

Yes - on Ronnie's Disc Front there is a dedicated on/off switch for each pickup. Greco's original copy from the 90s (probably the closest copy, except it's not a set neck) has the same electronics. Someone on this forum (Haristone) owns one of these. Most current disc front don't, even other original Z disc front may have different electronics.

[cgi.ebay.fr]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 7, 2011 23:24

gwen
nankerphlege
Does anyone know if all 3 pickups on Ronnie's disc front z could be used at once?

Yes - on Ronnie's Disc Front there is a dedicated on/off switch for each pickup. Greco's original copy from the 90s (probably the closest copy, except it's not a set neck) has the same electronics. Someone on this forum (Haristone) owns one of these. Most current disc front don't, even other original Z disc front may have different electronics.

[cgi.ebay.fr]

Wood's Disc Front has either original PAF pickups (according to Wood) or Dimarzio DR103 pickups (according to Tony Zemaitis) wired in parallel, a volume and treble roll-off pot for each pickup, a master volume, and three on/off switches for each pickup.

The Greco copies really wheren't that good -cheap materials, cheap build. The new Zemaitis series are much, much better -good build, good material. My only gripe is the thin and very wide necks that are typical of Japanese speed guitars, that don't suit my hands.

Mathijs

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: December 8, 2011 21:37

Mathijs
The Greco copies really wheren't that good -cheap materials, cheap build.

Yep, I meant closest in terms of aesthetics. There was a Treasure Island limited edition Zemaitis for sale on ebay but it didn't really look like Ronnies. It was rather cheap though.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: December 8, 2011 22:48

I have the new z disc front and would like to try to duplicate a little closer to Ronnie's. I am trying to figure out how to duplicate the the boost and switchs or pup selector. I don't care about the extra volume knobs though.
Gazza- pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by "wired in paralleled"?
Anyone know who made the pup switches for Z or where to find one?

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: ronkort ()
Date: December 9, 2011 23:34

[www.slideonron.com]

Click on pictures!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-09 23:35 by ronkort.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 21, 2013 03:07

Annie Leibovitz

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 21, 2013 11:59

Wow thank you Toru A!
When is that from - 1978 or so?

Date: December 21, 2013 12:43

with sssoul
Wow thank you Toru A!
When is that from - 1978 or so?

Rolling Stone-Nov 3, 1977

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 21, 2013 12:49

Well, I was close! Thank you

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 21, 2013 14:42

Toru would you please post the Chet Flippo article if you can?
I am a fan of the late writer...

Date: December 21, 2013 15:24

dcba
Toru would you please post the Chet Flippo article if you can?
I am a fan of the late writer...

See this link.
Hot Stuff From Mick and Keith

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 21, 2013 15:41

A strat with the neck of EC's Layla "Les Paul"?

C

Date: May 12, 2016 12:37

What is the guitar that Ronnie is playing in the official 'Miss You' video? The headstock looks like the Mother-of-Pearl one, but in the few brief shots of his guitar, it doesn't look like that TZ guitar. It looks almost red.
[youtu.be]

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 12, 2016 14:09

Gotta credit Sir Mick for being such a visionary for knowing the Sex Pistols would be done in a few years ! in the rolling stone article from 1977

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 12, 2016 15:09

Well, Tumbling Dice in Paris almost becomes a gospel song. "Oh yeah, it does. You see, we've got so many ways of doing Tumbling Dice - I mean, which one do you pick?"

That's funny! No version is nearly as gospely as the original on Exile. And few Stones songs have changed so little on stage through the years.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 12, 2016 18:52

cc
It doesn't endear me to ron that he likes to play so many boutique guitar$. Kind of ostentatious (and that "WOODY" guitar looks like something Motley Crue would use). And I am certainly envious of his all-original broadcaster-or-nocaster.

I guess he's not going to lose any sleep over my feelings, though!

Check out Ric Nielson's (Cheap Trick) collection!

[www.guitarplayer.com]

[www.guitaraficionado.com]

Date: May 16, 2016 11:17

Palace Revolution 2000
What is the guitar that Ronnie is playing in the official 'Miss You' video? The headstock looks like the Mother-of-Pearl one, but in the few brief shots of his guitar, it doesn't look like that TZ guitar. It looks almost red.
[youtu.be]

These would be pre Stones guitars, but there's a red Strat he used early on, and then of course his toilet rim guitar from TOTP.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home