Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticketmaster ticket dispatch for UK shows
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 13, 2006 12:00

The first UK show is a little over 2 months away on 20th August, tickets were actually purchased in the last week of November/first week of December 2005. When is it realistic to expect to receive tickets from TM ?

I can't recall exactly how late in the day TM sent out tickets for the Licks UK shows, can anyone else ?

I don't understand this policy of theirs of not sending out tickets for months and months and months after you've booked an event. It doesn't apply for ALL things Ticketmaster sells, only SOME. Can anyone explain this ? I just bought, also through Ticketmaster for example, tickets for two tribute bands, the Counterfeit Stones and Killer Queen, to play at the Kew Gardens summer festival on 13th July. I ordered these on Thursday 1st June, and they arrived through my letterbox on Saturday 10th June ? I also bought on the same day tickets for Van Morrison to play on on 20th July, and I can pretty much guarantee that they will arrive sometime this week. These are acceptable time frames. And I've never had to wait more than a few days for tickets bought directly from, for example, places like the Royal Albert Hall; irrespective of how far ahead in time the show is.

SO WHAT THE F*** is the story with ROLLING STONES TICKETS ???? Why the 7-8 month delay in issuing them ? It's a pain in the arse. It's a lot easier and altogther more pleasurable to "trade" (as a lot of us indeed do) things we have in our hands than things we don't.

Can anyone shed any meaningful light on this bizarre, and to my way of thinking quite unnacceptable, behaviour by Ticketmaster ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-13 12:01 by paulywaul.

Re: Ticketmaster ticket dispatch for UK shows
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 13, 2006 12:04

late July/Early August ,if past form is anything to go by.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: June 13, 2006 12:05

I dont have a clue why TM take so long but looks like they have started dispatching tickets for Sheffeild.

Last concert in the UK and first to receive the tickets Go figure.

Licks tour I remember getting Glasgow tickets 12 days before the Concert.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 13, 2006 12:05

Apparently if they were the standard blue generic Tickets then they would be sent out within 2 weeks but as they are souvenir tickets they take much longer to despatch

Date: June 13, 2006 12:06

LOl Sheffield + 2nd last.

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: June 13, 2006 13:59

For the last two gigs I saw, I got the tickets from Ticketmaster 1 week before the show. One was a standard 'blue' ticket and the other was a souvenir ticket.

Long way to go yet ...

Date: June 13, 2006 14:08

riffhard72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the last two gigs I saw, I got the tickets
> from Ticketmaster 1 week before the show. One was
> a standard 'blue' ticket and the other was a
> souvenir ticket.
>
> Long way to go yet ...

OK, but then my question to Ticketmaster is perfectly justified. WHY ?????? Why can they not send tickets out much much earlier ?? People require them for a multitude of reasons, trading against other tickets/shows being just one. I just find this behaviour of theirs completely beyond any rational explanation. You buy something in December of one year for August of the following. You've paid for it. Why do they not let you have it for some 7-8 months ??

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 13, 2006 15:48

All it says on the printable online order confirmation is that you should contact them if you haven't got your ticket 1 week before the show.
How big a problem that was would depend on what they decided to do about it at the time I suppose.

I guess some folks worry about ticket delivery for the wrong reasons. That printed receipt with your unique order number is effectively your ticket.
I've never had problems myself... but a friend has experienced a problem with tickets not arriving from TM in time for a show. They did sort it out for him.

How are the tickts being sent out for the UK gigs ? Normal Mial ? recorded delivery ? or what ?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 13, 2006 16:13

This means problem for me...I got tickets for Glasgow at e-bay, so the tickets will be sent to an Englishman, before he send them to me. And I'm going to London before Glasgow.
I'm worried about this. Why do the RS in UK do this sh*t?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 13, 2006 16:16

"Why do the RS in UK do this sh*t?" but you bought ur ticket on Ebay????? Mmmmmmmm and ur scottish?????

Date: June 13, 2006 16:18

I'm Norwegian.
I didn't mean RS("arse") but RS-ticket-company-eh...thing. 'Cos I understand that the German RS-ticket-producers sends them out a long time before the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-13 16:20 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 13, 2006 16:19

well Erik, can't the ebay Englishman send the tickets to you in London? just a thought ...
(and while i'm here ... is it the Stones or the promoters who decided to do it this way?)

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: June 13, 2006 16:20

It is not the RS that do this Ticketmaster UK do this all the time not just for Stones concerts.

It annoys me too as you buy for concerts anywhere else in Europe and they send them almost immediately.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 13, 2006 16:36

thanks Madmaxx - that's what i thought:
not *every*thing is the Stones' fault after all :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: June 13, 2006 16:38

ablett, I just wondered what you meant about that post....even if I was scottish? You thought I meant aRSe, or....

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 13, 2006 18:15

if you read ticketmaster's site. it often says 'awaiting ticket stock from promoters'

as much as i hate ticketbastard, they're selling tickets. they're not printing em!

blame the promoters

havings aid that, why anyone needs their ticket more than a week before a show is beyond me. what are you going to do with it ? dust it ?

Date: June 13, 2006 18:18

andy js Wrote:
> havings aid that, why anyone needs their ticket
> more than a week before a show is beyond me. what
> are you going to do with it ? dust it ?

I just wrote why above.
And other people will be travelling a lot to get several shows, while their UK ticket is being sent to their homes.

Posted by: oneMary ()
Date: June 13, 2006 18:49

I bought my ticket from Seetickets.com, and I’m also in England week before Glasgow.

But thank goodness, they says:
“If there is insufficient time to mail tickets, or if you have requested to collect your tickets from the venue, tickets are available for collection one hour prior to the start of the performance.”
(Btw they have still B blocks left)

Maybe TM could as well keep your tickets in their box-offices?
I know that trading causes extra stress.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 13, 2006 18:49

andy js Wrote:
> if you read ticketmaster's site. it often says
> 'awaiting ticket stock from promoters'
>
> as much as i hate ticketbastard, they're selling
> tickets. they're not printing em!
>
> blame the promoters
>
> havings aid that, why anyone needs their ticket
> more than a week before a show is beyond me. what
> are you going to do with it ? dust it ?

TM are oblivious to the concept that a) people travel to shows, build holidays around them and may leave for the destination some time before the day of the show and b) that they go to more than one show

Ticket agencies in other countries are able to send tickets out within days of them being ordered. (I had Berlin tickets within 4 days of them being ordered - despite the fact it was over the new years holiday) I mean, what the @#$%& is this 'service charge' for? What service? How difficult is it?

Ticketmaster's fault. No one else's.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 13, 2006 20:29

they dont want them on the black market, they dont want fake tickets either.... think thats all... a little paranoid.. oh well..

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: June 13, 2006 20:39

I think the reason TM send out the tickets so late is incase the concert is cancelled it will save them the money for printing & postage.

We pay for booking fee & postage which are non refundable so they are really a bunch of %***.

Date: June 13, 2006 23:06

Gazza Wrote:
>
>
> TM are oblivious to the concept that a) people travel to shows, build
> holidays around them and may leave for the destination some time before the
> day of the show and b) that they go to more than one show.
>
> Ticket agencies in other countries are able to send tickets out within days
> of them being ordered. (I had Berlin tickets within 4 days of them being
> ordered - despite the fact it was over the new years holiday) I mean, what
> the @#$%& is this 'service charge' for? What service? How difficult is it?
>
>>>> Ticketmaster's fault. No one else's >>>>>

Thank you Gazza. Agree, of COURSE it's Ticketmaster's fault. Hardly any other country carries on in the way they do, and neither does hardly any other ticket outlet within the UK. It is PATHETIC !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home