Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Richards out and about.......
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 4, 2006 18:48

according to "page six" of the NY Post Keith was spotted in NYC yesterday..............

KEITH Richards with friends and family at an outdoor table at Il Cantinori on East 10th Street graciously signing an autograph for a fan who approached him with her toddler.

Re: Keith Richards out and about.......
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 4, 2006 19:24

Rip This Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> with her toddler.

not this tod(dler), unfortunately....

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: June 4, 2006 20:24

That's a nice place, and only 6 blocks from Keiths West 4th appartments. (He has two now...) He and Blondie and two other guys had a loud party in his first appartment one night. They played really loud. The man downstairs from Keith, who was quite an ordinary guy with a 9 to 5-job, became frustrated. Finally he came up, knocked on the door and explained the problem of not being able to sleep before work. Keith understood his frustration. -So, how much is your appartment worth? The guy named the figure. -Would you be willing to sell? If I paid really well and gave you money to check into a nice hotel for the time you need to find a new appartment... Would you consider that? The man accepted and everyone lived happily ever after. Now - who told me this? A person who was there.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 4, 2006 20:27

Isn't money useful !

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 4, 2006 20:35

Great story, shidoobee!
What year did that happen?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 4, 2006 20:59

well if he is doing all that why cant he get his ass on stage sooner, this is bullshit

Date: June 4, 2006 21:17

hope you're not driving today, melillo - you know, road-rage and all....

Date: June 4, 2006 21:28

sorry stones tod, cant help me self sometimes

Date: June 4, 2006 21:31

that's fine - understood - just stay off the road for gawdsake....

Date: June 4, 2006 22:00

Melillo, darling... Buying property and recovering after brain surgery - I don't quite see the link. OK, so there's risk in buying property if you have to borrow from the bank. (I trust KR didn't have to...) But it can't be compared to the risk connected to getting back to hard physical work (TWO HOURS OF SWEAT it is) too soon after the surgeons have drilled a hole in your skull. And besides - since rehearsals couldn't start when they were going to, they have to rehearse before they start working, right? It's better for us, too!
I believe this happened in 2000 or 2001, I'll ask the person who told me this story. (But I don't see him untill July 10th in Milan.)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 4, 2006 22:32

I've heard that story about Keith, from the 80s...or perhaps it was Ronnie.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: June 4, 2006 22:44

Gee, that's really neat that Keith can buy his neighbor's apartment right out cause he wants to party all night. What a cool story....BTW, how much are tickets for the tour? $400 something?

Date: June 4, 2006 22:49

I sense an irony in here. He really treated thy guy well. And they were actually working - not ONLY drinking. But I guess tou know about New York buildings, thin walls, concrete floors. (You can even decide if your neighbour is having great, ok or not so great sex..)

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 4, 2006 22:59

he had TV, saxaphone playin . . . (there's some CLASSIC stones for ya, jjflash73)

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: June 4, 2006 23:42

Shidoobee
no insult intended but Keith ain't sweating during this tour. Ronnie and Keith are the least mobile of the group. Charlie is sweating, Mick of course is sweating, even daryl is sweating but KR & RW are not. These two are the least physical guys in the world.
Rehearsels, they have been off the road for a few months, not a few years so how much rehearsing do they need to do?

I think KR seriously was in worse shape than reported and simply needs the rest.
Story told.

jjflash73

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: June 4, 2006 23:46

Mr.Nikkibong,

this is a test-
where do you put the following songs into an order of greatness?

Beast of Burden
Going Home
Monkey Man
Time Waits for No One

bonus question for you Mr.Bong

Have the Stones ever covered Dobie Gray's "Drift Away"?

Classic JJflash73

Date: June 4, 2006 23:52

jjflash73 Wrote:

>
> I think KR seriously was in worse shape than
> reported and simply needs the rest.
> Story told.
>
> jjflash73

ding ding ding ding............good answer JJFlash 73.....which is why it's nice to read/hear that KR was feeling good enough to go out into the city for dinner..........

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 5, 2006 01:45

jjflash73 Wrote:
> Mr.Nikkibong,
>
> this is a test-
> where do you put the following songs into an order
> of greatness?
>
> Beast of Burden
> Going Home
> Monkey Man
> Time Waits for No One
>
> bonus question for you Mr.Bong
> ever covered Dobie Gray's "Drift
> Away"?
>
> Classic JJflash73

alright, i'l take the bait:

beast of burden 10/10 one of my all time faves, and a classic shower sing along

going home 8/10 pretty f+cking good

monkey man 9/10 i think "i'm a monkey" is one of the worst stones lines of all time, but the "cold italian pizza" makes up for it. another classic that i simply adore.

time waits for no one 9/10 poetic.

and, as i said in a thread i few days ago, i think Drift Away (both the original and the Stones cover) is simply abysmal. It's pure "fromage," as they say here . . .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-05 01:54 by nikkibong.

Date: June 5, 2006 01:48

yeah how much rehearsal do they need for songs that they can play while asleep

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 5, 2006 02:15

I imagine they need a while to pull together as a band. They took at least a few days after the December break,no? The more they rehearse, they more a chance of new songs on the set list, the way I set it.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 5, 2006 02:37

Are there any pictures of Keith in that newspaper?

Date: June 5, 2006 03:17

Tekumseh Wrote:
> Are there any pictures of Keith in that newspaper?

no picture.........it was the last item in the "page six" section of the NY Post newspaper under the heading "sightings".........

Date: June 5, 2006 10:24

oh, yes - playing up there for 2 hours is SWEAT. Have you seen him after she show, JJF? And most patients who have had the same type of surgery get very tired very easily for the first few months. He's actually ahead of the best prognosis, and those , excuse my language, idiots on this site who want to push him out on the road even earlier than July 11th... Go speak to a doctor friend. Ask him for how long he wouls recomend resting and taking things slowly after "blod clot in brain, brain drain etc". The answer will make you shut your big mouths up. Keith is really ahead of schedule. So, mellio and other "brethren", cool down. We want the man well, don't we?!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 5, 2006 12:50

melillo Wrote:
> well if he is doing all that why cant he get his
> ass on stage sooner, this is bullshit

No. It's your comment that's bullshit.

Date: June 6, 2006 06:20

oh cmon man , he could be up there if he wanted, its a money and logistics
game goin on , i understand he was ill but its all over now

Date: June 6, 2006 21:39

Melillo - Please speak with a doctor... First you can ask him about the recovery time needed after this specific type of brain surgery. And then you ask him for some tranquilizers. For your own sake... If you don't calm down. you'll develope paranoia. Or at least an ulcer. And the rest of us find your comments totally lacking insight and compassion. It's really not charming, it's annoying, actually. And quite embarrassing to be on the same site as someone who... Well - you finish the sentence.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 6, 2006 21:48

I was on 11th st. and Ave A on staurday night. If i'd only stumbled a few blocks west instead, i might have run into Keith. now that would have been a cool moment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-06 21:48 by HalfNanker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home