Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Chili Peppers Live on Rock in Rio tonite (Sat, June3) at 8pm EST
Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: June 4, 2006 01:55

If you have AOL you can access this... you might be able to get a feed of it from some other sources also.

Guns N Roses played it a few nights ago, the feed was quite good. Enjoy smiling smiley

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Re: OT: Chili Peppers Live on Rock in Rio tonite (Sat, June3) at 8pm EST
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: June 4, 2006 02:13

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully someone will record this as well!

Date: June 4, 2006 03:15

SETLIST: Take Stage 8:06 PM EST

Intro Jam, Flea Chad & John Only, 8

Opening chords to Can't Stop...., I don't understand this as opener, 5

Dani California (a huge live song, look at that crowd rockin!!), an 8+
although DC is known as a "guitar" song, check out Flea and Chad on this

Scar Tissue... ("...with the birds I share this lonely view..."), 8

Charlie... more interestig live than on the CD, 6.5-7.0\

Otherside! (you can hear the crowd sing-along)... this song really "builds"... best of the night so far...8+-9.0

Tell Me Baby ... this song has about 3 "speeds"... 7.5

John F*ckin' Around... he's playin "How Deep is Your Love"... the rest of the band must think 'we got this nutty genius guitarist so let him do it'....

Flea Jams... does he own the bass or what... morphs into opening chords to Throw Away Your Television... beautiful screaming song, musicianship level on this number is sky high. 8.5-9.0, maybe best of the set so far.

Medly into: DONT YOU EVER LEAVE!!! I love this jam..... crowd is getting frothy...

Snow... nice tempo downshift from the TATV/DYEL Medley... pleasant if simple. 7.0-7.5

Me and My Friends... never was one of my super-favorites, but the energy is undeniable... Chad Smith is just incredible tonite... 8.0

Stadium Aracadium... really nice opening chords... spacey feel of this song is very well delivered. 7.5-8.0

Right On Time... never a personal favorite... well delivered. 7.0

Don't Forget Me... really nice arrangement of this dramatic monster... Incredible contrast of plodding bass and screaming guitar... perfect delivery. 9.0-10.0

21st CENTURY!!!! Wow!! The opening chords are just infectious... what a unique rhythm this song develops... Can't wait to hear it live.... 9.0... will be a 10.0 with a bit more practice.

John & Flea on a classic jam (Chad & Ant leave the stage).... morph into opening chords of Californication !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... not the best live version I ever heard, but it'll do. 8.0+

Ever notice how much George Bush Jr. resembles Flea ??? and Fleas ramblings are so much more coherent smiling smiley

By the Way... this song is rockin' the crowd. Really nice version. A highlight, probably. 8.5-9.0

BREAKTIME at 9:28 EST

RETURN TO STAGE: 9:32 ... some jamming then opening chords to Under the Bridge!! Crowd is singin' along.... really nice delivery. Always a highlight. 9.0

Give it Away. Solid if average version. 8.0-8.5

Jam...gig ends at 948 EST...

Very topmost highlights: By the Way, Under the Bridge, 21st Century, Don't Forget Me, Throw Away Your Television, Otherside... Dani California was pretty awesome too.

Great concert, by the time they get to the States this band will be hittin' every cylinder.

Edited 17 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-04 04:48 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 4, 2006 03:18

what do you think would be a better opener? Around the World worked very well on the Californication tour (the one and only time i've seen the chilis)

"By the way", Born on the Bayou, we get it, you like these guys . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-04 03:19 by nikkibong.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: June 4, 2006 03:22

Around the World is an excellent opener.

What about opening with Give It Away? Do a little jam, then Chad hits the drums and they go into it. The place would go crazy. It would be a nice change to not have it at the end of the set.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 4, 2006 03:23

Give It Away was the second song after Around the World when i saw 'em . . . i loved that. encore was The Power of Equality if memory serves . . . (it may not - this was 7 years ago)

Date: June 4, 2006 03:25

Me and My Friends would be a cool opener too. I doubt it would ever happen at this point in their career though.

Date: June 4, 2006 03:31

deuce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Around the World is an excellent opener.
>
> What about opening with Give It Away? Do a little
> jam, then Chad hits the drums and they go into it.
> The place would go crazy. It would be a nice
> change to not have it at the end of the set.

Well this tour they ought to open with something from Stadium Arcadium... Dani California works real well, so that would be my choice this tour.

I absolutely would not open with Give it Away, only because that's such a mega-over-the-top killer song, it's like the Stones opening with Jumpin' Jack Flash or Satisfaction, I don't think they do justice to it as an opener.

Of all the Peppers Tunes, Around the World is a great opener, but they still ought to do somethin off Stadium Arcadium this gig.

I thought By the Way was a great opener for the By the Way tour of '03-04, but been there, done that. From By the Way, Throw Away your Television would be a great opener... great musicianship and energy, whacky RHCP lyrics to start the gig off...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-04 03:41 by BornOnTheBayou.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 4, 2006 12:23

I was there!!
Great Concert!!! 70 000 crowd who give a proper wellcome to the band !!!
One of the other bands on the Festival Rock in Rio Lisboa, Kasabian, dedicated one of his songs to Keith Richards

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 4, 2006 12:58

Damn!!! I would have gone there, if I didn't reserve for the Stones in Paris!!! About the opener, what about "Hump Da Bump"? That would fit perfectly!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-04 13:46 by Wild Slivovitz.

Date: June 4, 2006 16:16

Riffbuk Wrote:
> I was there!!
> Great Concert!!! 70 000 crowd who give a proper
> wellcome to the band !!!
> One of the other bands on the Festival Rock in
> Rio Lisboa, Kasabian, dedicated one of his songs
> to Keith Richards

Yo Riff... what were the highlight songs for you, I'm curious...

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: June 4, 2006 17:39

Sounds like a great show. I agree they should open with a new song, though - there's so many outstanding ones on the new album.

Date: June 4, 2006 17:42

Highlights for me were Charlie, Otherside, Right On Time, Me & My Friends, and Don't Forget Me.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 4, 2006 18:58

BornOnTheBayou !
The highlight were for me Dani California ( I love this song),21st Century from the new CD Otherside, By the Way, etc etc,and the crowd!!! We were just great,according to the newspapers this morning we were 76 000!!
I Just arrived from the beach now , and a friend of mine give me an DVD with the concert from last nigth, which was broadcast by the one Portuguese TV Channel, So I´m looking forward tho see it again!!Tonigth the same tv channel will broadcast live from Rock In Rio Lisboa, Sting !!Jamiroquai was also great!
[rockinrio-lisboa.sapo.pt]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-04 19:00 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 4, 2006 19:01

just saw the show on AOL.............really great performance. This band knows how to have fun and so does their audience........you can catch replays of the concert on AOL all day

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 4, 2006 20:56

btw the new single sucks big time

Date: June 5, 2006 08:29

melillo Wrote:
> btw the new single sucks big time

Which ? Dani California ?? Read up and you'll find 3 or 4 posters who said it was the highlight of a great concert attended by 76,000 people...

... thanks for clarifying that it "sucks big time".

Date: June 5, 2006 08:31

Riffbuk Wrote:
> BornOnTheBayou !
> The highlight were for me Dani California ( I love
> this song),21st Century from the new CD Otherside,
> By the Way, etc etc,and the crowd!!! We were just
> great,according to the newspapers this morning we
> were 76 000!!

In time I think 21st Century could become one of their greatest Warhorses... from the first 3 seconds of the opening chords my reaction was "what the ^%$#@ is this song?????" ... It has such a different sound even than their very unique songbook... and that stacato delivery segment in there just grabs you.

This is an example of how RHCP songs (like Stones songs), are designed from the get-go to be played live. 21st Century is plenty impressive on the CD, but even that much more impressive live, IMO.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 5, 2006 15:06

I have to think they have a problem with their own fan base trying to figure out their setlists.....I mean this new CD could easily dominate a performance with just a smattering of old hits to open and close the show........awesome display.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1232
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home