Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Love Sick
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: June 3, 2006 01:37

Did you ever have the feeling that you're love sick ?
I did. I am 20 years old and while I had a few weeks of holiday, I remembered the first and only time when I really got hooked by a girl. And, to be honest, I still am in a strange way.
I was 17 and it was spring time when I first "saw" her. At that time, I used to ride a long distance on my bike to get to school (12 km) and one day, I checked
her incredible beauty while I was overtaking her (She lived in a little town on my way and so she had to ride the same road, though she went to another school).
After that, I decided to make contact to her.
I soon figured out that I knew her older sister and after that, I tried to be with her sister every weekend, 'cause I knew that they did many things together.
She found out my intention quikly, of course (I was a fool, really), and that let to some of the most embarrassing moments in my life.
She didn't want me, of course, but I was so blinded that I never got it.
When I was 18, she began to date a guy from school, who I really liked.
The became a pair and after that, I only see her every 5 months or so, but everytime, my heart begins to burn again, even if I try to forget it all (well, if you ain't got no chance).
After three relations I had in the meantime, I now gotta realise that there is still something remaining, deep in my soul. I still want her and no other girl in the world.
Loving her without a chance to win made me go really deep into music, I discovered the Stones (Just My Imagination, Thief In The Night, Wild Horses...), Bob Dylan (Boots Of Spanish Leather, Love Sick...) and many others in a totally different way.
Excuse me if I've hurt your nerves, but I felt blue, couldn't sleep, and sometimes, you feel better when you tell some people you don't know than when you're charing your closest thought with your friends.
So, did you ever have the same feeling ? A tragic love ? That sometimes mekes you sleepless, even if the whole thing has happened years ago ?

"

Re: OT: Love Sick
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2006 01:43

You need to play Hank's version of Love Sick Blues...It'll kill ya

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-03 01:48 by Rockman.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2006 01:46

Yeah, has'nt everyone? Though all the girls I was in love with at school were bloody unatainable to me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-03 01:50 by Big Al.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 3, 2006 01:47

I think we all have had that "one" person who we will never forget and will always hold a place in your heart. Sometimes those people are not the ones you should be with though, even though they make your heart go pitter-patter. The old adage is true unfortunately, if it was meant to be, it will be. Good luck, heartache sucks, that's fo sho.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: June 3, 2006 01:49

J Geils nailed it with LOVE STINKS! Check that out!

Date: June 3, 2006 01:53

Or
For No One by the Beatles

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 3, 2006 01:55

A first love is hard to let go. I just discovered at the age of 41, that one of the girls I got hooked on in my youth, works in the canteen at my work...
God, shes gotten old, and her breasts have gotten long smiling smiley Me, I look the same smiling smiley
On a serious note, I must admit, that whenever I see one of the objects of my desire from my youth, there is a special feeling.
I also remember from that time, that a infatuation could last for years, and it ran deep, so you´re normal.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: June 3, 2006 02:01

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
A first love is hard to let go. I just discovered at the age of 41, that one of the girls I got hooked on in my youth, works in the canteen at my work...
God, shes gotten old, and her breasts have gotten long smiling smiley

Having just turned 41 myself, I resent your comments! That "breasts getting long comment" yeah, that just shattered any semblance of an ego I had left. Ok, I'm off to stick my head in an oven. Thanks MJoo

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: June 3, 2006 02:10

No, please don´t get the wrong impression here. Immediately when I saw her in the canteeen, I compared her to the girl I knew 25 years ago. Just my imagination running away with me. If had´nt known her from before, I would´nt reflected over her breasts...just my memory catching up with me, and me being honest and trying to be a bit funny in my first post.
I have nothing against 41 year old women. I reached the age where I look for other things in a woman than only physical attributes. Sorry for putting my foot in my mouth...and I´m sure you´re a fox!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 3, 2006 02:12

"Miss You" captures a lot of the feelings youve described the whole sleepless thing and the longing.

Date: June 3, 2006 02:12

You don't have to apologize - I was just joking. Although the long breasts thing did just scare the living daylights out of me.

Date: June 3, 2006 02:14

I´m still sure you´re a fox!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: June 3, 2006 02:17

thanks, now I feel better!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 3, 2006 02:22

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-09 03:20 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 3, 2006 02:23

yes, but when cindyC was young, she was a little rooster.

ok, that's my one Bad Song quote for the day.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 3, 2006 02:25

Tom Waits' 'Martha' -- that's my lovesick tune*

Date: June 3, 2006 02:26

Love, it´s a bitch.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: June 3, 2006 02:28

Speaking of.... where is Rooster today!? Maybe he's out with his girl now that they're back in lurvvvvv.

Beeleyboy - sounds like you really got that girl out of your system ;-)

Hey, didn't you say you were from the White Mountain area of NH or am I thinking of someone else? I was up there last weekend.

Date: June 3, 2006 02:40

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-09 03:20 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 3, 2006 02:42

CindyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speaking of.... where is Rooster today!? Maybe
> he's out with his girl now that they're back in
> lurvvvvv.

amazing - i was sure that the Sheppards Pie would have sent her packing.

And Beely Boy, as a New England-born lad myself, I salute you!

Date: June 3, 2006 02:49

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-09 03:19 by Beelyboy.

Date: June 3, 2006 02:56

I'll definitely be going back this summer - my dad has a ski house in Bartlett. I don't know if I've been to Bethlehem, NH, but I think there's one in Maine and I've been there.

We didn't go up Mt. Washington, I'm still traumatized from doing that ride as a kid in a "beach wagon" in the 70's. My parents nearly got divorced after that ride!! HAHA

We just went to Storyland and then to a lake. Gotta love the lakes up there. Anyway, we're destroying poor Hanns thread. Sorry Hanns!!!

Date: June 3, 2006 03:10

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-09 03:19 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 3, 2006 03:24

Jesus, I get that kind of feeling and treatment all the time. There seems to be no way that a girl likes me and I like her at the same time. It's always: I like her, she does not like me or the other way around...
It hurts me like hell, and those girls are worth trying but I do not want to feel the pain all the time, it makes me bitter.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: June 3, 2006 04:32

Two records will work for a situation like this:
Blood On The Tracks and anything by the Everly Brothers.
LAst time I saw the Everly's, I sat next to a guy who myst have been in
his mid sixties. He was in tears during every song.
Blood On The Tracks needs no explanation. That or Shooting Star from Oh, Mercy.
This also reminds me of a great quote from Citizen Kane:

"A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: June 3, 2006 07:46

The bitterness has totally consumed me for 9 years. In this time however, I may not be happy but no one is making me unhappy..... The only dates I go on are with the Stones.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: June 3, 2006 08:13

We've all been there Hanns, but really: no girl is unattainable. It can always be done. And what's even more important: you should always try. You got nothing to lose after all. Just keep going, and keep trying: all is going to be fine in the end.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1383
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home