Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

St. Petersburg is cancelled for this year.
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 2, 2006 08:06

[www.sptimes.ru]

Chernov’s choice
By Sergey Chernov

Despite the promoter’s recent claims, The Rolling Stones is not coming to St. Petersburg after all, at least not this year.

The Stones’ concert, orginally scheduled for June 13, was officially postponed due to 63-year old guitarist Keith Richards’ head injury last week, along with 14 other shows on the European leg of the band’s current A Bigger Bang World Tour, but the promoter, PMI Corporation, had expressed hope that the concert would be rescheduled to early July and become the first European date on the tour. But now the concert has been canceled for this year and may take place next year instead. Tickets can be returned between June 13 and Sept. 1.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Re: St. Petersburg is cancelled for this year.
Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: June 2, 2006 08:22

Well, that is a sad news to hear! But on the other hand, there will be less concerts to fit into an already tight schedule which will give more room for other cities to hope for a new slot.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 2, 2006 09:47

wellthe only good part that i can see in this news is that the stones are touring in 2007.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 2, 2006 09:50

Is it surely doing to take place in 2007, unfortunately the article doesn't say that exactly? And do people need new tickets for the rescheduled one?

Posted by: AP ()
Date: June 2, 2006 09:59

Adams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And do people need new tickets for the
> rescheduled one?

Yes, Kirov stadium in St.Petersburg is going into total reconstruction, so we have to find a new arena, possibly with different capacity and ticket prices. Hence we'll need new tickets here (if the concert will take place in 2007 indeed).

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 2, 2006 10:08

For what its worth,
I wouldnt be t o o sure about the 2007 part.
Its just words from the local promotor.
Some dudes took the word to this board,
where probably Woody picked it up?

If I'm wrong I'm glad; I will go see them again,
my son has always wanted to see St Petersburg.
Mee too; I saw Leningrad, and I did not like it.
Be prepared, all you who travels there:
Rasputin's spirit is heavy over there.

Date: June 2, 2006 10:11

Baboon, You mean You want to see Leningrad after the political system transformation, right? Maybe I don't get your joke but Leningrad and St. Petersburg are the same city.

Date: June 2, 2006 10:21

It's not a joke.
No, I doubt its the same city.
Russia isnt a country either - its a mood.
Maybe I should have written "Leningrad".

But its not only a question of politics; this town was built
on a swamp with slave workers and oppressed Uralic peoples dislocated there.
That was long before the Reds.

Date: June 2, 2006 10:33

Well, it must have changed a lot in the last 15 years, now it is said to be one of the most expensive cities in Europe. However, does it mean luxurious, comfortable, I don't know...

Date: June 2, 2006 10:36

Was expensive for me last time back in 85 also;
as some long-fingered crook stole my money and
my drivers licence etc etc. Back then you
had to put up an extra Rubl-bill in order to order at the bar.
The youngsters screamed for Western artefacts,
military stood in every corner.

We see luxurious Russians travelling by here; but we also see
the other side of the coin. Poor Mother Russia.

Date: June 2, 2006 10:41

I'm sure the crook part hasn't changed. About those Rubl bills, the knew You were from Western Europe, probably that's why they did that. Different prices for Russians and foreigners back then.

Posted by: AP ()
Date: June 2, 2006 10:47

Adams Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Different prices for Russians and foreigners back
> then.

Not in the bars definitely now, but for some museums this is still the case, unfortunately. I live in Peterhof and it seems to me that entrance fee to the famous park with fountains is about $11 for foreigners while only about $4 for Russians.

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: June 2, 2006 13:58

Lenningrad / St.Petersburg was also called Petrograd wasn´t it ?
Very nice city full of friendly people I must say , I was there on an motorcycle trip in 2004 ! They even had a good turkish restaurant with belly dancers I remember ! And the city is so beautiful !

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 2, 2006 14:10

I don't know much about it but I don't think it is correct to say that St Petersburg is one of the most expensive cities in Europe. May be hotels are expensive, but that does not mean that people are rich there. Hotels are expensive in Berlin too and in Rio De Janeiro but still people are not rich there. Some. Few may be. But it is a long story. To long to be told here.

Reykjavik is an expensive city in Europe. And it is reflecting the average income of the people who live there. Same with Oslo. Same with Zurich. Strange why these three "rich" cities are all capitals of countries being outside EU. Because of fish, oil and money of course. Another long story.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: June 2, 2006 14:31

You are right there bv , St.Petersburg is not one of the most expensive citys in EU. And you can find cheap and ok hotels there too . But what can be expensive there , is if you go there driving in your own car or motorcycle , then you must have money ready for the traficpolice `cause they want dollars and lots of them . And they allways have e reason for paying and if you try to escape then they have Kalasnikov you know . But you can trick them by telling you only have a creditcard and that you want a receipt , then they are lost ! ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home