Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: World Party! Go See Them!!
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 1, 2006 16:27

Hey folks--

I'm just back from Northampton, MA and a GREAT show by World Party. I sat right in front, right next to Karl Wallinger and had a great time. This band is influenced by the Stones and others and is a real treat to see live.

They are on a small venue tour now, but will be back later in the summer, starting out in Vancouver and the west coast before gradually moving eastward. Great show.... Highly recommended, look for them in your area. I can't say enough about this band as a live act. Not to over-cliche, but they really "blew me away"!! It was an awesome show.

Re: OT: World Party! Go See Them!!
Posted by: phil11 ()
Date: June 1, 2006 18:32

www.worldparty.net

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 1, 2006 20:39

I have always love WP very much. I just saw them a couple weeks ago too. Karl had a stroke a while back and supposedly is still a little banged up. He looked quiet IMO. Only him and another guy. The new album "Dumbing Up" was a big dissappointment to me. I like all the other albums a lot.
Only thing bout KW is you just have to get used to the Lennon/Dylan/Jagger vibe he puts on. heavily.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: June 1, 2006 21:15

Yes, you said it; Lennon/Dylan/Jagger vibe is a great way to put it. I like Dumbing Up just as much as any other WP cd, though. Each one has grown on me over the years.

Last night's gig was in a trio format... and KW did a lot of talking, chatting with the audience. His voice is still great after the aneurysm, but he apparently cannot see as well, has lost some of his peripheral vision. He's gotten a bit overweight, which he seems quite self-conscious of... but it was a great show. It's nice to see such sincerity and emotion in a live performance.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 2, 2006 02:31

Yes Tate, he talked a lot here as well. And I felt the same thing: that he was selfconscious.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-02 18:44 by ChelseaDrugstore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home