Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Saville and Lyceum Theater Shows- 12/14 &12/21
Posted by: shawnriffhard ()
Date: May 30, 2006 09:43

Does anyone have any info on these shows? I know JJF, Carol and Satisfaction are supposedly out there from one of the Saville shows. Two shows were played on each night. Some vid shows up in 25 x 5, doesn't it? And isn't JJF on Get the @#$%& Outta Here ?

This would seem to me to be Holy Grail material, yet I have seen few discussions or stories about this crucial and mysterious phase of their career. They must have been extremely tight musically, and with Altamont a week old at that point, their energy must have been sky high. Yet, nothing. Almost a total blackout of info. Does anyone have anything to shed some light on this? Also, even though the 1970 tour would be quite mysterious in its own right, with the addition of the horns, it really is a different animal.

Peace, Shawn

Re: Saville and Lyceum Theater Shows- 12/14 &12/21
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 30, 2006 10:02

>> JJF, Carol and Satisfaction are supposedly out there from one of the Saville shows <<

right, there's footage of these three in circulation - one number (JJF, if memory serves) appears to be from the soundcheck.
what is it that you're asking, though?

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 30, 2006 10:31

Here you can offer yourself an original poster

[cgi.ebay.com]

Posted by: shawnriffhard ()
Date: May 30, 2006 10:33

Has anything else appeared; either audio or video? How about any fan or media reactions? Newspaper reviews? Does Bill Wyman talk about these shows at all?

Peace, Shawn

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 30, 2006 11:59

These concerts wasn't good, in Jagger's eyes, or among the journalists.
You'd expect them to be awesome, after their 1969 US Tour....but they were not.
There's a big review of it in NME, I got it in a special edition mag, that was published 1 year ago.
(If you use your search-button, you'll find other threads.)
I'd like to know more about the Lyceum Theater shows, on Dec 21st 1969.
I can't recall reading about them.

Re: Saville and Lyceum Theater Shows- 12/14 &amp;12/21
Date: May 30, 2006 12:58

Here they are at Saville Theater, before the show.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 30, 2006 14:34

that Ebay poster isnt original...dates must be printed on the poster, not printed on a sticker adhered to the poster...

JR

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: May 30, 2006 15:40

$60 for an original poster did strike me as way too cheap, so thanks stone-relics for pointing this out.

Any suggestions of where I can get reliable information on music posters/handbills from that period regarding values, identifying fakes etc?

Posted by: Luke33 ()
Date: May 30, 2006 16:34

I heard it was the crowd that was really lame - not the Stones.
Listen to JJF & Carol, Jagger is certainly "on" during this show.
Jagger even mentions to the crowd that they better get up and dance....

Re: Saville and Lyceum Theater Shows- 12/14 &amp;amp;12/21
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 30, 2006 16:37

Sorry, I ought to have written something more cautious.

stones-relics is indeed a nickname that commands respect for that kind of thing.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 30, 2006 16:52

Nothing that I know of, but I have been collecting, buying, selling and trading posters for some years now, so if you have specific questions on items, feel free to email privately....

good luck...

JR

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: May 30, 2006 19:26

shawnriffhard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone have any info on these shows?

I made a request a few days ago concerning tracks from Saville Theatre. Vancouver provided three tracks which to my knowledge are all that's available. "Jumping Jack Flash" and "Carol" (only part of it, sadly) just smoke. So - in spite of "critical reservations" by some of the press it might have been good shows. I'd love to have them. But as we all know: nobody will grab the holy grail...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 30, 2006 21:23

Satisfaction, Jumpin' Jack Flash and Carol from the Saville Theatre are available on the BIG @#$%& Blues DVD set.

Re: Saville and Lyceum Theater Shows- 12/14 &amp;amp;12/21
Date: May 30, 2006 21:58

Is there somebody here with pictures or info about the Lyceum Theater gig ?
It's wierd that there are several Americans on this board, who've been to 69 shows or 72 shows...MicksBrain, Beelyboy, Chippy etc., but no Europeans who saw them in 67, 69 (apart from Hyde Park) or 70.
Why is that?

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: May 31, 2006 17:13

I work with an old gay Italian who gave me the programme for these shows as he knows I'm such a fan. He didn't think that much of the show from what he remembered but then he's not a big Stones fan.

Apparently one of the shows which was largely attended by the press was dull & lifeless but the other, attended by mainly 'students' according to Mick was far better.

Before I got the 3 tracks mentioned above I got a mere 15" of Satisfaction (on video) supposedly from the Lyceum show. I haven't actually compared this to the Saville Theatre footage to check but I assumed it was actually just a fragment of the same thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1298
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home