Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Belgrade 7/7/2006
Posted by: StonesAustria ()
Date: May 26, 2006 17:00

First. Serbs, Serbia the Serbian flag, the anthem of Serbia all are as dear to me, as any other nation, country, people, whatsoever. Nothing in my previous message states a different position. Maybe I should have written "former" enemy. Sorry thats all. Period.

Second. Politics are a matter not to be discussed on this board. Unless politics have an immediate or cogent impact on the ONLY issue to be discussed on this board, i.e. the Rolling Stones. And this is exactly what I was trying to explain: Doing a NEW show in Belgrade just TWO days after the cancelled Zagreb-show is NOT a GOOD IDEA.

It is no wonder that the Serbs would not have a problem with such reschedulling, but I´m definitly sure a great number of Croatian Stones-fans would.

Third. I think, they will go neither to Belgrade nor to Zagreb, but if they go, they have to go to both cities in a row. (The only interruption, I would allow, would be a show in Vienna ;-))

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: May 26, 2006 18:00

Ok,StonesAustria,no hard feelings.I am just tired of hearing comments about The Balkans wars which happened in the nineties.I just want people to hear more positive things about my country not only things which have to do with violance and hatred.

Well the plan for The Stones was to play Zagreb on 5th and Belgrade on 7th of July.So in no way will Belgrade replace Zagreb on the tour dates list.Eventually,both shows will happen sooner or later.At least that is what I hope for.

The local promoter said that he hoped that the tour would start in Belgrade.Otherwise the show would be postponed for September.that's the news from today's press conference/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-26 18:01 by stones_serb.

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: May 26, 2006 19:31

First: Drop that "worst enemy" theory RIGHT NOW. Nobody's anybody enemy any more. Those times are GONE. Thank you.

Second: I'm a Croat. I don't consider any contry my enemy, let alone Serbia or Serbs. I have couple of friends there and visit the country every now and then and alway have a great time there.
There are good and bad, intelligent and stupid people evreywhere. I choose to avoid laters and spend my time with the formers...

Third: I hope Stones will play Belgrade. If they do, I'll be there.

I cetvrto smiling smiley
Bojane, izvini sto se ne javljam, u guzvi sam strahovitoj, tu i tamo peletim preko foruma samo, ali javicu ti se u slijedecih par dana!

Cheers all

Date: May 26, 2006 22:15

I feel sorry. Apologize for my wrong estimation, vedran, and thank You for your explanation. I did not know that Croatians will be happy to go to Belgrade rather than having a concert at home.

Since my ancestors come from Croatia, I feel particularly obliged to further improve the relationship between the former not-so-good-friends (this is Neusprech for the bad, bad "e"-word, that I shall never use again) Croatia and Serbia. So, if You by chance meet a certain Mr. Radovan Karadzic at the serbocroatian concert in Belgrade, please tell him that there will be at least two Stones gigs in the Netherlands at the end of July. Please tell him that I will come up for all travel costs, VIP ticket and a hotel room in Den Haag, should he agree to attend one of these shows.

You see, I totally agree with You: There are good and intelligent people everywhere, the ones we like to be with. Then there are bad and stupid people, the ones we like to ignore. And finally, my dear Croatian friend, there are mass murderers. As long as this last group can go freely and unharmed, I see no way for the normality that you all deserve, and which cannot be achieved by simply denying the facts.

I really hope this will remain theory, say that there will be a concert in Belgrade and Zagreb.

Do the girls still scream, when you perform on stage? KR: Not on stage, but when I perform, yeah.

Posted by: Adrinax ()
Date: May 27, 2006 00:13

I'm a Croat too, and of course I would like that Stones hold the concert in Zagreb (bought the ticket already, and I live 2km from Maximir stadium winking smiley ), but I will definetly go to Belgrade if Zagreb show is going to be cancelled.

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: May 27, 2006 03:26

> Please tell him
> that I will come up for all travel costs, VIP
> ticket and a hotel room in Den Haag, should he
> agree to attend one of these shows.

smiling smiley
I'll give a buck or two also... smiling smiley

Well, yes, there are mass murderers, and yes, I'd like to see them behind the bars, but justice - if there is such thing at all - is slow, so right now I'll satisfy with the fact that people like them are no longer in power, that they are no longer presidents and premieres and leaders... And most of - that goverments of the south-eastern european countries are heading slowly, but firmly, towards regular normal democratic system...

One of the signs of that is definitely Stones playing there, so that's also the reason I would like to see them in Belgrade...

Date: May 27, 2006 04:38

I think there is too much politics on this topic.War criminals have nothing to do with The Stones and their fans whether they are from Serbia,Croatia or elsewhere.That's all I want to say.

Also I completely agree with Vedran.

Date: May 27, 2006 14:25

I have a different opinion stones_serb. There has always been quite a lot of politics in Stones songs. Remember "War, is just a shot away."

Anyway, my prayers have been heard. The European Tour will - most likely - open in Brussels on July 8th. The real sad thing is that it looks as if neither Zagreb nor Belgrade nor Vienna will get a show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-27 14:34 by StonesAustria.

Date: May 27, 2006 16:05

StonesAustria,this isn't a topic about politics but about The Stones concert in Belgrade which will eventually happen.

Anyway if someone deserve to see The Stones,it's us Serbian fans who fought for democracy for ten years,protested against Milosevic and all the crimes he commited.
You know song like Street Fighting actually speaks to me,I was there on the streets,protesting against evil of this world.

And I have nothing to do with wars and war criminals. .It's as far from me as possible.Therefore I think I have right to see The STones in my country just like anybody else around Europe.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 27, 2006 17:29

No news on the announced press conference yet ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: May 27, 2006 18:26

I did not wach TV, but my friend jurnalist told me that promoter hopes that main date is 7/7, optional dates are 2/9 or 28/9 this year. During last months promoter promised that will be announce soon date for concert. His "soon" were too long and he must do something...smiling smileyHere is material from Press conference.On the CD are only 6 Stones photos from this tour and one doc file with promotional material. Cheap and poor on NON printed poor "verbatim" CD-r.Tickets will be on sale soon. Nothing exactly, only blah blah.

Date: May 27, 2006 20:10

July 7th or 8th is good news - that's only seven weeks away!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 27, 2006 20:23

All kinds of dreaming is beautiful.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 28, 2006 23:19

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they sure dont want to have a Eurostarter in Nürnberg.

It wouldn't be the first time (see European tour 1998).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-29 09:19 by erikjjf.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1177
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home