Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Chuck Leavell reveals new tour schedule - will begin middle of June
Posted by: bar_room_queen ()
Date: May 23, 2006 16:27

micksbrain, i pefer your version of the michael cohl takeover, to the one in "bill graham: rage and roll" , where the writer accuses bill of pocketing money at a ticket gate, during the Tattoo You tour.

they said it's the reason he never got any more work from them, that Mick Jagger never forgave him, but he still enjoyed making him jump through all the required hoops, for the job. which he never intended to give him.

Bill Graham is one of my biggest heroes. I never wanted to believe this particlar account. i still don't, really...

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 23, 2006 16:29

I have to agree with the Bitch that Keeps a Bitchin' (and of course our chuck wagon supervisor, MicksBrain). It's obvious that certain shows are cancelled so of course management has a responsibility to the unsuspecting fans to announce the cancellations. To continue selling tickets to cancelled shows is fraudulent, in my opinion, and smacks of greed and disrespect for the customers (fans). Then, when appropriate rescheduling arrangements have been made, subsequent announcements can be made.

Posted by: MnLtMi ()
Date: May 23, 2006 16:45

Someone here said the right thing. Mick and Keith decide. Period. Do we know so little of this band to think someone is telling those two what to do. Or is it that you just can't find fault with the band or the situation so blame it on anyone eles. Just blame. Cohl does not run the Stones, R.S.Com does not run the Stones. The Stones run the Stones. That's it. To fix this thing now is a bit like turning the Titanic around be it hits the ice berg. Give them a break.We are ALL in the same situation here.

Date: May 23, 2006 16:50

out of respect for the fans I think management should announce cancellations of which they are certain, MnLtMi, that's all I'm saying....that's not asking too much of the management...

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: May 23, 2006 16:56

Another photo of Keith at Leeds.

Photographer unknown.

Date: May 23, 2006 16:59

Look man I am with you from the stand point of knowing. But let us face it. I do not know how many shows are to be rescheduled/cancled. But there was very little room for much movement to begin with. Now they have legal issues, venue issues like other concerts, world cup,ect. ect. not to mention promoters who are probably gun shy about rebooking. refund issues, new ticket issues. I just think lashing out at people who are not responsible is wrong.Im just saying we are supposed to be in the know fans here and we KNOW who runs this band.It's not Mr.Cohl and its not R.S.com. Be happy the man is ok and give it time. The only other choice is to cancle your plans and do someting eles for the summer. Life is what happens while your making plans.

Date: May 23, 2006 17:04

okay MnLtMi...I think we are on the same page, my friend....but the issues you are addressing seem to be with regards to the logistics of rescheduling. I agree with you. My point is that the announcements of the initial cancellations are (were) inadequate, in my opinion.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:08

MnLtMi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone here said the right thing. Mick and Keith
> decide. Period. Do we know so little of this band
> to think someone is telling those two what to do.
> Or is it that you just can't find fault with the
> band or the situation so blame it on anyone eles.
> Just blame. Cohl does not run the Stones, R.S.Com
> does not run the Stones. The Stones run the
> Stones. That's it. To fix this thing now is a bit
> like turning the Titanic around be it hits the ice
> berg. Give them a break.We are ALL in the same
> situation here.

I suppose there is thruth in what you say MnLtMi, but that doesn't mean that there are good ways to deal with the situation, and less ways. No matter who makes the decision to choose either one. Unfortunately the way they chose to inform people is very bad. Off course it is a very difficult problem to solve, no doubt about that. But in stead of this deafening silence they could have decided to regularly tell us what is going on. What is wrong with: we cannot inform you more spciefic but... or: it will take some more time before we can make announcements because...

The fact that tickets are still being sold, and that RS.com still mentions the concerts that are already postponed is a good indication that protection of interest is the primairy thought on the organisations minds. If they would care at least a little bit about the efforts fans have to do to arrange visits to shows, they would have given more information, or as I said, inform us that they just don't know.

I would love to see it otherways, but I can't.

I don't care much, I just try to ignore it and have a good time if I can make it to the rescheduled shows. But I will NOT defend any of the people involved as long as they give the impression of not being worth it.

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:13

Okay, I suppose everything is more or less said by now... Just slight differences in approaches on the same thougt?

Hope Keith will recover fully, and we will have some fun soon, arranged by our RS friends...

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:25

If it would help out I could TRY and get my old band "PUS" together again to make up for the Stones not playing. We used to do a pretty good SYMPATHY jam, STRAY CAT BLUES, SFM, YCAGWYW, and an EMPTY HEART that kinda sounded like IF YOU CANT ROCK ME...oh and DEAD FLOWERS was one of our better ones...shall I make some calls?

Date: May 23, 2006 17:29

How about this. They don't know so they can't tell. Maybe they want all the info in place , new dates, refunds, exchanges, ect. before they put it all out. I know from "'offical" sources Keith got hurt, he had some sort of procecdure, the tour will pick up sometime in June,(which means May is gone) he has flown and seems ok. Will tour again. That is not exactly deafing silence.And I don't recall the Stones ever being overly caring about the average fan.That is part of the image they have always had. I think that is really what the pain is here. Folks want to know for thier own plans what to do.I understand that. I have plans too. But I know who runs this show. It is not like they wanted this to happen!

Date: May 23, 2006 17:33

...but they do know some cancellations......it's the damn rescheduling that remains in limbo.....They are selling tickets to shows that they know are cancelled....I can't make my point any clearer.

Date: May 23, 2006 17:47

Tha is half the picture is it not. What can we do about it? If they are selling tickets to "cancelled shows then they are posponed which is differnt and as you say it's the rescheduling that has not been finalized. Would it be better to hear show A is now on the 10th,oops make it the 15th, no wait that won't work, make it July. oh no wait make it.... that would make planning sooo much better.And ticket holders so much happier. Don't buy, wait.And should we all make a show we want, and the lights go down this will all be so much frustration poorly spent. My biggest thought is how much longer the machine can rool on, and what this whole thing does to it in the end.I have seen this quoted here before. "the future's unceartin and the end is always near"

Re: nervous breakthrough
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 23, 2006 18:09

i don't know why anyone's selling tickets to shows they know are cancelled, but ...
if i heard right now that Concerts XY and Z that i have tickets to are definitely not happening on the original dates
but they can't yet tell me what dates they will happen on ... i'm trying to figure out what good that would do me.
i can't change my reservations (even if they're changeable) until i know what to change them to;
and until i know what new dates are being proposed, i don't know whether i want refunds for my tickets,
what other shows to possibly try to get tickets to, and so on.
i know that isn't everyone's position, but i bet it's a lot of people's.
obviously it's not a good situation. and as MnLtMi notes ... ahhh, kick me like you kicked before! :E
LoFL, i'm sorry. this is all very harrowing but ... it's the Rolling Stones!
it's the same band that hit us with SOL as the debut single, just a few months ago! and we survived.
sorry sorry sorry - i can't even feel the pain no moooooooore. :E
i love the Rolling Stones - i mean *exactly* the Rolling Stones.

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Date: May 23, 2006 18:17

What she said. Wait. What else can you do?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home