Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: First Stones Album/Cd you bought
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 23, 2006 16:16

Made In The Shade when it first came out in the summer of 1975. I was 16 years old.

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: May 23, 2006 16:16

Stripped

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: May 23, 2006 16:36

Found my mom's old mono Out Of Our Heads in the garage in the summer of '81 (I was 9) - got hooked, and then got Tattoo You and High Tide & Green Grass for Xmas that year. But the first ones I actually bought were Ya-Ya's and Emotional Rescue in early '82 at - head's up, Cindy C - Lechemere at the Liberty Tree Mall.

I think I had pretty much everything by summer '84, with Goat's Head and Black & Blue being the last ones I picked up.

Posted by: bar_room_queen ()
Date: May 23, 2006 16:46

Tattoo You, when it came out. i was only 16, and ripe for the picking. That was the beginning and the end, there was no looking back after that, and they came thick'n fast soon after, with "Let It BLeed", then "Some Girls".... rock and roll nirvana (to a girl who had to listen to her older brother's deafening heavy metal all the time)

before that, til i was 15, i was a massive Beatlemaniac. when John got killed, i needed soemthing new to turn to...couldn't listen to any beatles/john music for a long time. And was always a Beatles girl - until i heard the Stones. I think it was "Brown Sugar" that turned me. That, along with "Start Me Up".

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: May 23, 2006 16:59

Rolled Gold. I know, aren,t somethings sacred.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:34

JuanTCB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
But the first ones I actually bought were Ya-Ya's and EmotionalRescue in early '82 at - head's up, Cindy C - Lechemere at the Liberty Tree Mall.

HAHA Juan! I bought Tattoo You there the day it was released. I used to buy a lot of records there! I can still picture there record section with a Debbie Harry picture on the wall. Thanks for bringing back a good memory!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:35

come on people, it was all about the Seekonk, MA Lechmere . . .

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:37

CindyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>> HAHA Juan! I bought Tattoo You there the day it
> was released.

I was in NYC the day TY was released - my fiancee and I actually ambled into Rolling Stones Records to sniff around...gotta few sneers from folks before we headed out. Headed back west on I80 that day cranking TY all along the way.....

Posted by: Local27 ()
Date: May 23, 2006 17:40

My first Stones album purchase was Still Life...the day it was released. I was 8 years old at the time.....still have it too!

"I'm the bleeding volcano"

Posted by: crazymama ()
Date: May 23, 2006 18:11

Out Of Our Heads and a compilation of 60s-songs by Decca from 81 called Slow Rollers. I was 12 and bought those two in 1981. Since then I'm a Stonesfan. My first new one was Tattoo you.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 23, 2006 18:15

ABB.
I downloaded all the rest

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: May 23, 2006 19:55

Emotional Rescue. It was the current album. I was 14. Next came Hot Rocks.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 23, 2006 20:19

I think it was "Let It Bleed" but it also can be GYYO (can't remember), after that I did buy all the records the day of release (you could say I was sleeping for the shop for the opening time)

Most of the sixties album I did buy from my brother inlaw in 1971, 5 albums for 25 guilders, Beggars Banguet I did buy from my sister for 5 guilders.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 23, 2006 20:24

First album I bought for my own money was Get Yer Ya-Yas Out and Goats Head Soup...2-3 days after eachother, sometime in 1990 or 91. But the first I listened to was Dirty Work in 1986.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 23, 2006 21:02

As funny as it sounds it was a tape that I have never seen anywhere else, it was called Story of the Stones and was a greatest hits sort of tape but had a few random songs on it like Walking the Dog, there were a couple volumes of Story of the Stones. I had the first two.

First albums I bought when they were released were Dirty Work and She's the Boss when I was just a kid.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 23, 2006 21:20

T&A Wrote:

I was in NYC the day TY was released - my fiancee and I actually ambled into Rolling Stones Records to sniff around...gotta few sneers from folks before we headed out. Headed back west on I80 that day cranking TY all along the way.....

That's a great story. I bet that album brings back fun memories. I toured southern France with Wandering Spirit cranking the entire time. I'll aways love that album because of that experience.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 23, 2006 21:29

I bought Wandering Spirit the day it was released, so that was my first Stones related record. After that Voodoo Lounge. I found a record shop that sold stones records (post 71) for 10 guilders (4,50 euro) a piece and spend all the money I had on them.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 23, 2006 21:40

mr. edward,
Are you sure you weren't buying those Stones records from Nico's brother in law and sister?

(see Nico's post above)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-23 21:44 by Lukester.

Posted by: Andy L ()
Date: May 23, 2006 21:43

Beggars Banquet

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: May 23, 2006 21:58

Rolled Gold - a great double LP in the days of vinyl.....I now have everything on vinyl and most on CD...sometimes twice over. In the case of Sticky Fingers I've bought it three times on vinyl - in fact every time I've come across the original zipper ;-)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home