Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones 2006 : Stray Cat Blues or Straight Cat Blues ?
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 22, 2006 00:01

Mmm.

Well. I would say it still the first option.

Re: Stones 2006 : Stray Cat Blues or Straight Cat Blues ?
Date: May 22, 2006 00:10

what the f*** are you talking about, man?

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 22, 2006 00:16

Sir Mick, etc

Date: May 22, 2006 00:18

**shock, gasp** are you saying that Mick acts a little fruity? haha. I got ya. thanks for clearing that up, Joker smiling smiley

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 22, 2006 02:29

Man, things are getting REALLY bleak AND stupid on the board... What? Stray or Straight? Sir Mick...
You mean are the Stones still Rock and Roll rebels ? Oh yeah, sure, they play SWAY once every 10 shows - wow, big rebels.....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 22, 2006 02:38

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You mean are the Stones still Rock and Roll rebels
> ? Oh yeah, sure, they play SWAY once every 10
> shows - wow, big rebels.....

Rolling Stones could be lying in a swimming pool all day, looking at JR Ewing and Dallas, drinking Champagne and voting for Bush.....they'd still be more rebels than you and me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-22 02:43 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 22, 2006 02:54

Or they could still be ALL ABOUT the music ERIK, like Dylan and Robert Plant (who just did a surprise club show in Joshua Tree - Calfornia Desert - a few months ago. Check out his website www.robertplant.com for info/photos). Dylan is almost ALWAYS on the road.... That's what's called staying true to yourself and not selling out.... Swimming pools have nothing to do with it - just cause you live in a cold climate, they don't mean anything... Plant has his pool in Morocco and he Still won't do STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN thank God....

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 22, 2006 02:56

amen to that - i feel like I'm in hell everytime I hear that piece of crap.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 22, 2006 03:00

Bob Dylan is ofcourse doing his own race, and will do so forever. Nobody can be compared to him.
Plant actually played a concert 2-3 years ago....500 meters from my house.
Anyway, Plant is a (good) singer, but he never changed society like Dylan & Stones (and Brando and Elvis etc.)

And why would Plant do Stairway to Heaven anyway.....he is a solo artist now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-22 03:01 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 22, 2006 04:36

Because he still peppers his set list with Zep songs (and there's always top ten assh*les in the audience that NEED to hear STAIRWAY and yell it out all night. Same people that NEED to hear Layla and Hotel California by Clapton/Eagles) BUT not war horse ones. Instead numbers like Four Sticks, Misty Mountain Hop, Going to California, etc., etc...Like Dylan, basically does the songs he wants to do. Brings in less money, and the artist plays smaller halls BUT IMHO it makes for a much better show cause it keeps the performer interested and passionate about their own show which you feel when you're in the audience. (The Stones did it on their 1999 No Security Tour and their club/theater shows during the Licks tour and it's just a shame they don't do it more often)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home