Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Lets rob Mick Jagger - trailer
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 19, 2006 08:28

Here´s a trailer of the new TV-series:

[www.tv.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-19 22:32 by mickijaggeroo.

Re: Lets rob Mick Jagger - trailer
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 19, 2006 09:21

That looked like fun.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 19, 2006 11:07

mick looked like he was enjoying himself. i wonder if that's really his place? what about that tongue butter fountain for the popcorn in his screening room!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 19, 2006 11:11

>> i wonder if that's really his place? <<

it's a place they found in New Zealand. one of the early articles mentioned it.

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: May 19, 2006 11:14

H U M I L I A T I N G, Mick!

Posted by: michrud ()
Date: May 19, 2006 11:15

I'd suppos you can't sing deeper....Is that his new life after 45 years with the Stones?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 19, 2006 16:44

I thought the popcorn dispenser was awesome.......and the hat collection was crazy sick.......like a slap at Elton John for his sunglass collection...............it was like a Saturday Night Live skit...........Mick was funny!!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 19, 2006 17:53

Thanks for the post

This gimmick is powerful, as far it is used slightly - Mick clowning about Mick is great, but hardly new - so I do not mind much - a 40-minute something episode cannot use too much of that kind of joke - after one minute, you feel tired - In short, for that reason, it should not be too much time consuming for the Stones singer.

As for the "Humiliating", "2006 Mick' is a multi-genre entertainer, he is no more the sixties, kind-of-dark hero - if he has ever been -

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 19, 2006 18:08

Did anyone else have trouble with the sound on this? My sound stopped as soon as Mick came on. I checked the sound/volume controls, and played it twice.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: May 19, 2006 18:15

That popcorn bit was freakin' hilarious!! The tongue with the butter.. hahaha!!!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 19, 2006 18:17

I hope he doesn't look as ridiculous as he did in that Sci-fi thrller FreeJack or whatever it was called. Talk about a sell-out!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 19, 2006 19:58

I agree it's kind of lame for him to do this, but do you really think it took him making a couple of crummy films to justify calling him a "sell-out"? I can remember as far back as the Steel Wheels tour where the band was selling "limited edition" collector's coins w/the bands faces on them. If co-opting yr rock and roll band to Franklin Mint does scream "sell-out" then I don't know what does.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: May 19, 2006 22:27

Mick being campy, imagine that.

Date: May 19, 2006 22:31

Relax. Aren´t Mick allowed to have some fun? He´s making fun of himself, and he´s enjoying it.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: May 19, 2006 22:34

It seems fun. Mick isn't the greatest of actors, but I guess if we're going the route of self-parody, then it fits. I think someone like him should best be used sparingly, so hopefully his appearance in the pilot isn't much longer than what's shown. I don't think a show like this will last, unless there's something exceptional about it that we haven't seen yet.

Posted by: RollingStonesUSA ()
Date: May 19, 2006 22:45

The janitor is the dad from the old Fox show "Grounded For Life"....

"It's Good To Be Here, It's Good To Be Anywhere"-Keith Richards

"Halloween Is Every Night Of My Life"-Keith Richards

"I Got The Sticky Fingers, For Some Girls"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 19, 2006 23:21

I'm relieved. No-matter if we (or I) think it's funny or not, at least it wasn't "humiliating" as somebody said. It's just a comedy.
Perhaps it'll even get funny....but no big deal if it won't.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-20 01:35 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 20, 2006 01:35

Looks like a waste of time to me, but that's just my opinion.

Date: May 20, 2006 01:42

Jumpin'JackFrash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems fun. Mick isn't the greatest of actors,

No, true, but he´s the greatest entertainer that ever lived.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: May 20, 2006 05:19

Well, I can tell you that there's an INCREDIBLE difference between doing a piece of acting and entertaining someone. What I also hinted to in my comment was that this is a bit of self parody where Mick will be playing himself. Even when you're playing yourself you're still acting. With effective direction, Mick, in a small role, could be a very effective form of comic relief

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 20, 2006 05:24

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
> Here´s a trailer of the new TV-series:
>
> [www.tv.com]
> summary.html

Not bad, Mick does a pretty good job I think. He's quite funny when he gets into "irreverence" mode

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: May 21, 2006 00:29

I thought that was seriously funny, all the yoghurt bath stuff & keeping the hat room at 62%! It seems a very similar idea to 'Running Out Of Luck' with Mick playing an OTT version of himself but with a sharper script (as far as you can tell from one clip anyway).

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 21, 2006 03:58

i just can't see a lot of episodes in it - the characters have a goal - is the planning of the robbery going to be drawn out over weeks? i would imagine its going to get boring. usually sit-coms have a theme that starts and ends with each episode.

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: May 21, 2006 13:50

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
> Relax. Aren´t Mick allowed to have some fun? He´s
> making fun of himself, and he´s enjoying it.

Yeah, I thought this wasn't too bad actually. I didn't expect that Mick would do a part where he's actually making fun of himself to this extent. So I guess I'll follow the show, and see how it turns out...

- mjOL

Posted by: claudinedidit ()
Date: May 22, 2006 07:05

I loved it. I laughed my head off when he said 'You're never alone with a hat'. I'd also have never imagined that 62 degrees was the perfect temperature at which to store a hat. I really hope they make that show. I'll tape it. I think Mick is hilarious when gets British-campy mixed with deadpan. Two things that really make me laugh like crazy are in Freejack when Emilio Estavez jumps off the bridge to get away and Mick/Vacendek says 'If you drink one drop of that, I'm out of a job' and in Video Rewind when he and Bill Wyman look at Keiths glass storage container and he's not there. Mick says with a straight face 'Oh, that's Keith. He's probably gone off for another bottle'.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home