Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Have You Kept Every Album You Ever Bought?
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: May 9, 2006 22:58

I've even got some albums on cassette. But they don't last forever. Anyone got any albums on 8-track? Or even an 8-track player?

Date: May 9, 2006 22:59

I still have almost all of them.I could part with Jump Back but,it can't be worth very much.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: May 9, 2006 23:09

Hold on to Jump Back if it's on vinyl. It's hard to find. In UK anyway.

Date: May 9, 2006 23:11

It's just the cd.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 10, 2006 01:19

Yes, I have all my original lp's even though many have been worn down from multiple plays and careless attention when I was young. How can one get rid of these gems from the past? They have great sentimental value and it's funny because on some of the albums I know a scratch will come in on certain songs at specific time. Still sounds great!

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: May 10, 2006 01:34

I still have most of mine. I sold some way back when. Get Your Leeds Lungs Out is awesome on vinyl! Love it! smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 10, 2006 01:39

I really love the coloured vinyls and the multicoloured vinyls (bootlegs).
Strange that the official vinyls are (almost) never coloured.... They look so much nicer! I can only think of the 12" Miss You, which I've got, that is both official AND coloured.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 10, 2006 01:41

The funny thing about old LP's is that you don't have to read the label, you can see by the tracks what side you are playing, and if it's a loud song or a slow one, even the different parts of i.e. Midnight rambler you can see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-10 01:50 by NICOS.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 10, 2006 02:13

yes , I got them all except 1 . I've loaned a few to my sister . I've still got the first lp I ever purchased , "Hermans Hermits On Tour " . I think I was 9 or 10 @ the time . Some of my best finds have been gems I've found in used record stores . One is "Eve Of Destruction " by Barry McGuire . The title tune is a great history lesson about civil rights in the '60's. I was lucky enough to find the vinyl "Limited Edition Collectors LP " Australian Import for a mere $20.00 a a used cd store . The owner hadn't a clue to what he had . I've seen these go for $ $400.00 +++ on ebay . The only one that is missing is a greatest hits LP by the Rascals "Time , Peace " . I used to work with a guy who had been looking for it for some time , so I gave it to him . Yep , I'm proud to say that my Lp collection of 500 plus is still intact .The majority of which are STONES from all over the world .

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 10, 2006 02:19

i think i have all my original stones and kinks and who albums; but lost or have given away so many others during the years...
stones stuff i have on vinyl are original releases of all the london stuff...
3d satanic cover...that octagon or whatever shape greatest hits...
the fold out high tides and green grass... alla that... i kept...
but haven't had a turntable in a while...
buttons...even the brown sugar single i'm pretty sure...
their first concert bootleg ever i think; 'liver than you'll ever be'...

aftermath, out of our heads, the first one...i could never quite get rid of the stones albums...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 10, 2006 02:23

I read a good article in a Norwegian newpaper.....
"Give your old Dylan CDs to the library"
Bob released them as SACD releases, and the point was to give the "old" CDs to the society. And so I did, even though I couldn't afford ALL new releases.

Posted by: bar_room_queen ()
Date: May 10, 2006 02:32

yup, i stil got my vinyl.

yeah, even have some 8-tracks, the only one that comes immediately to mind is a "CCR live" tape.

and "Elvis: Aloha from Hawaii".

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home