Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
wtf
Posted by: drake ()
Date: May 8, 2006 03:28

Whats with all this crap? I have viewed this site almost daily for the past 9 years and I post only occasionally. I honestly dont remember complete garbage like this back in 97. And I'm not talking about the rumor cause I find that bit entertaining atleast. The garbage is all these so called Stones fans playing devil's advocate 24x7. Its like watching kids go on websites and dump cursewords everywhere thinking they're cool. Why come on this site and smash Jagger and say "Macca" is better? I think you just wanna pick a fight.

The good news for all of you poser fans is that BV is way too nice to kick you off or censor all your posts. Its a free world so no one will stop your bullshit posts. The bad news for all of us real fans is that we will always have to put up with this crap. Thankfully this isnt the end of the world, and I do have a life, but it does sadden me to get on here and see floods of shit posts on page 1.

This is my suggestion: Every time someone starts a crap thread trying to lure everyone into a big fight about something incredibly obvious or stupid, just dont post. There are tons of other things we could be discussing rather than being forced to defend the Stones against fake fans.
-Drake

Re: wtf
Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 8, 2006 03:31

Thanks Drake

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 8, 2006 03:35

Yeah, thanks Drake, I know what you mean...

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: May 8, 2006 04:03

Well said Drake.

Posted by: kienan ()
Date: May 8, 2006 04:05

Thanks, Drake! I could not have said it better.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: May 8, 2006 04:18

That's actually something I've been wondering...

I've only been viewing this board for about a year and a half. What kind of posts were being made in, say, '97? I know you guys could tell me to look in the archives or something but for the sake of conversation I figured I'd ask.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: May 8, 2006 04:44

The hijackers are the worst.
It's easy enough to avoid a thread that i'm not interested in but even on a thread ABOUT THE STONES (which is getting rarer) the hijackers come flying in chatting to each other posting anything and everything that pops into their heads - all day long, nothing at all to do with the Stones.

It's a chat room now for a dozen or so, who are oblivious to the many of us around the world who are really frustrated having to put up with all their crap chat posts.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 8, 2006 05:27

I'm not really sure what you're talking about. On page 1 I see threads about ABB opening acts, Hot Stuff, best Stones bootlegs, Keith in the hospital, favourite Stones rarities, Charlie's drumming (that's my handiwork, mind you), GHS vs. IORR, and Mick Jagger and Axl Rose.

Come to think of it, the most off-topic thread here is yours. Well done.

Posted by: RollingStonesUSA ()
Date: May 8, 2006 05:35

Thanks Drake, Gold reins on ya!

"It's Good To Be Here, It's Good To Be Anywhere"-Keith Richards

"Halloween Is Every Night Of My Life"-Keith Richards

"I Got The Sticky Fingers, For Some Girls"

Date: May 8, 2006 05:37

Yeah, I suppose everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon of criticizing other posters.

Sad 3x

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 8, 2006 05:39

Thank you Drake, we need someone promoting peave and decency here.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 8, 2006 05:40

Thank you Drake, we need someone promoting peace and decency here.

Date: May 8, 2006 05:41

peace and decency with a thread title of 'wtf' ?

IRONY ALERT.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 8, 2006 05:49

drake; let me know if i'm cool enough to post or one of the childish troublemakers... i like it here...
just list who is cool and who is not, so i'll know what u think i should read...
...yep i like it here;
especially the regulars; funny, fiercely independent thinkers...friendly, sassy...i've had my ass handed to me once or twice here...probably deserved it at least once...i dunno...probably more than once.

i'm with nikki on this one; there's lots of stuff here to delve into if one wants...or they are free to start their own thread...even if it's criticising others for criticising others and alla that...

and u had the freedom to make your own thread here...and others can respond and that's the way it works i theenk...

guess it shoulda been
OT: RE: wtf ???

ah, who knows...
maybe the crowd was smarter here nine years ago when you got here...
maybe we can start a club within a club like rollingstones.com
and you can pay a premium to post, or some kind of penalty, like a last row seat...as far as prioritizing who posts what and when...
yeah that would work.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: May 8, 2006 06:02

nikkibong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not really sure what you're talking about. On
> page 1 I see threads about ABB opening acts, Hot
> Stuff, best Stones bootlegs, Keith in the
> hospital, favourite Stones rarities, Charlie's
> drumming (that's my handiwork, mind you), GHS vs.
> IORR, and Mick Jagger and Axl Rose.
>
> Come to think of it, the most off-topic thread
> here is yours. Well done.

true, but there have been some dumb posts in the past. thanks for speaking up drake, hope bv doesnt censor u

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 8, 2006 06:27

kahoosier Wrote:
> Thank you Drake, we need someone promoting peace
> and decency here.

This is SO true......I agree 100%

Date: May 8, 2006 06:37

If BV deletes this thread I would have NO problem with it at all. Its his site. He could shut the whole thing down if he wants. Also, I've never seen anything censored that SHOULD have remained on this board. Usually its something that gets incredibly political and with an incredible amount of worldviews being represented on this site I'm not suprised people get into it. But this is not a political discussion forum...

nikkibong Wrote:
> I'm not really sure what you're talking about. On
> page 1 I see threads about ABB opening acts, Hot
> Stuff, best Stones bootlegs, Keith in the
> hospital, favourite Stones rarities, Charlie's
> drumming (that's my handiwork, mind you), GHS vs.
> IORR, and Mick Jagger and Axl Rose.
>
> Come to think of it, the most off-topic thread
> here is yours. Well done.

Thanks nikkibong. You can nitpick all you want, I wasnt really aiming for anyone. Junk posts dont have to be on page 1, just hit the 'next' link or any number on there to jump to a great many other posts. Here are some examples of junk posts:

[iorr.org]
[iorr.org]

I'd like to post my opinion on those threads but I dont want to ever see them again. If I contribute my opinion to a post I know it will go back to the top of the list on page 1, and I dont want to send anything to page 1 unless its worth continuing to talk about. I'd like to see those two disappear, not because I disagree but because its just a bullshit discussion. Macca replacing Jagger, people defending Jagger, people saying Macca is better than everyone in the world, etc... etc... I'm just sick of it. This is a Stones fan site. We all actually LIKE this band. We buy the cds. We go see them live. We even go so far as to COLLECT uber-rare recordings. And now we have people on there just bashing the band, or individual band members, just to start a fight. I also dont think very highly of people who start a 'rumor' which is obviously just a joke.

Beelyboy, I am not the ultimate judge of what should be here and what shouldnt. I never claimed I was. I'm just voicing my opinion on the overwhelming junk posts. When regular discussion topics about shows suddenly turn into a "I hate Ronnie Wood" marathon, I just have to logoff and let someone else carry on the fight. Same with worthless conversations that have no value.

You can criticize me all you want, thats your freedom, but aside from my bitching on this thread I am a very laidback positive person. I try to contribute to this community to the best of my abilities and have made some great friends along the way. I wont stop posting here just because it gets cluttered with n00bs or people who want to cause trouble at any opportunity. When new fans showup I'll respond just like any of the longtime posters do by saying 'congrats on discovering the world's greatest rocknroll band'. When junk posts come along I'll do my best to not get involved.

Posted by: Rock'NRollAngel ()
Date: May 8, 2006 06:42

Hey Beelyboy!

Shouldn't you be at the Yayhoos right now? I told Ambel you were gonna say Hi for me!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 8, 2006 06:51

drake Wrote:

>
>...... Beelyboy, I am not the ultimate judge of what
> should be here and what shouldnt. I never claimed
> I was. I'm just voicing my opinion on the
> overwhelming junk posts. When regular discussion
> topics about shows suddenly turn into a "I hate
> Ronnie Wood" marathon, I just have to logoff and
> let someone else carry on the fight. Same with
> worthless conversations that have no value.
>
> You can criticize me all you want, thats your
> freedom, but aside from my bitching.....
> I am a very laidback positive person. When new fans
> showup I'll respond just like any of the longtime
> posters do by saying 'congrats on discovering the
> world's greatest rocknroll band'. When junk posts
> come along I'll do my best to not get involved.....

yeh; point made and well taken; and i wasn't attacking you and don't feel attacked either...
just that those two examples, well, peeps were hip to the strangeness of those threads right off the bat...and some funny comments appeared...
then it morphed into some criticism of the thread...
and then it morphed into some honestly cool comments about this and that...

YES of course there was that all caps stupid MACCA stuff...
and it was parodied brilliantly and immediately in the same thread...
so...i'm just sayin' it kinda takes care of itself...
peeps are kinda smart here for the most part (except mois)
...and things get checked and cross checked and stuff, no?

can't ever stop trollery completely; nor stupidity; nor reactionary bluster...
and it's all in the eye of the beholder...
i appreciate your post and your contributions and your input tho...
i ain't on a tear... sometimes i post with a smidge of tude tho...
like the guy who won't listen to a certain band but disses their impact anyway etc...we all probably have posters who get under the skin a bit...
hope i ain't under yours.
ty for a cool post explainin' your stance and history and intentions and personal direction with alla this tho...
be well.

Date: May 8, 2006 06:56

We're not at odds man. Just some good dialogue. And I do appologize if I come off more hostile than I am. If only there was a way for me to communicate verbal tone through text... I guess thats for another day.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 8, 2006 07:08

There's really one primary instigator of all those idiotic posts. He operates under a number of names. He is young, immature, and has never had sex (from what I understand).

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 8, 2006 10:37

drbryant Wrote:
> There's really one primary instigator of all those
> idiotic posts. He operates under a number of
> names. He is young, immature, and has never had
> sex (from what I understand).

We suspect the same person, yes?
At least he don't write in UPPER case any longer.

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: May 8, 2006 11:08

errrr who?. sorry, don't wanna ask too directly. but i don't frequent that board often so give us a hint, please. we need to be aware. btw, what has happend to whore of babylon and...what was the name of the girl that caused some trouble during the "post an image" of you time earlier that year?i'm just curious.
imo, that board is a good one. it was the first i got to know and i still like it.
most post are really interesting and entertaining. it's got a huge number of cool posters that keep that idea running!
LEIPZIG 2006!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 8, 2006 11:29

monkey_man Wrote:
> errrr who?. sorry, don't wanna ask too directly.
> but i don't frequent that board often so give us a
> hint, please. we need to be aware.

Hi Kyle, I'm talking about Ferrante or shearer, if you remember him.
Giving us crap about Keith is dying, and that Macca is the best pianoplayer in the world.

> btw, what has
> happend to whore of babylon and...what was the
> name of the girl that caused some trouble during
> the "post an image" of you time earlier that
> year?i'm just curious.

She's doing fine! She drops by sometimes, and there's no fuzz about it.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: May 8, 2006 11:45

I agree.

But it's hard for Bjornulf to delete these rumor threads, because you can't prove them wrong. If someone says "I've got sources high up in the Stones family that say Mick is going to leave the band", everyone knows that's rubbish, but you can't prove them wrong.

And not replying to them would be great, but a semi-insulting message and that "Post message" button are just too tempting for a lot of people(hell, I do it too).

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2006 11:50

Some people believe IORR is a free and non-moderated board. Wrong. IORR is moderated and edited, just like a newspaper. I am the editor and I decide what should be in "print" i.e. on the screen. Unlike a newspaper editor I allow a lot more "crap" than normal, to let people talk. Still any offending, meaningless or silly posts will be deleted, and people who do not respect this simple rule will not be able to post.

The IORR editor has got a real life also outside the computer screen, and it is impossible for one person to see and evaluate every single post. If you see a post that is offending, meaningless or stupid then feel free to use the "Report This Message" link under every post. Then the post will be checked easily, and if the same person show up again and again that person may be prevented from further posts.

The fact that one post or one person got away with doing a post that is breaking the IORR rules does not mean such posts are legal. It means the editor did not see it or may be the editor is just lazy that day. If you se someone robbing a store do you join in and rob the same store as well? I don't think so.

Those who cry out loud about freedom of speach here are normally those who try to dominate the board with non-related talks. Mind you IORR is mainly a board to talk about the Stones. A few non-related posts are allowed but they may be deleted if there are too many non-related posts.

If your post is being deleted then ask yourself this question: If I submitted this post to the major newspaper, would the editor print it?

Bjornulf

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: May 8, 2006 11:55

hi erik
i'm not the monkey man.i'm monkey_man. didn't know that there is another one using the same name. maybe i shoul change my name.but i'm already using it without any probs for a while now. mokey man is a cool guy that helped me once. so thank you again monkey man.
LEIPZIG 2006

Posted by: Doolittle ()
Date: May 8, 2006 12:01

Hi Drake. I'm new here, so I really can't express an opinion on this. Hopefully I've not upset anyone yet!. I am a huge fan, but I will always express my honest opinion about sub-standard performances etc.
I did start a silly thread titled 'Concussion', which was just asking how the Dr's could tell he was concussed, as he's always like that!. Obviously, that was a joke!. Keith's condition appears to be more serious than I realised- so, I certainly wouldn't make a joke of things now.

Date: May 8, 2006 12:23

i thought the joke was funny. now you have think mine are, too!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 8, 2006 14:42

I am with Drake on this, but I also see nikkibong as a respectable poster.
IMO the main prob are not so much the obvious bullsh*t threads; the ones everyone sees are just there to rile someone. But it is the Stones-related threads that get taken over by complete off-tangents.
We also used to be able to disagree without resorting immediately to personal attacks. That is what gets me: the second someone disagrees on what may be a very legit topic it turns into a catfight. "You ain't no f*cking Stonesfan. Long live Keith!" and crap like that. Like it solves any discussion.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home