Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Pete Doherty Injects Unconcious Female Fan
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 28, 2006 19:49

There was a truly shocking story in today’s Sun newspaper. The pictures are copyrighted, so click this link. The latest news on the website says the police will be investigating.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Re: OT: Pete Doherty Injects Unconcious Female Fan
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 28, 2006 22:51

Looks more like he is taking the needle OUT to me.

What do you think?

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 28, 2006 22:54

What's the big deal with this guy, I don't know any of his music. He is talked about like he is the biggest rock star in the world.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 28, 2006 23:06

Well, if it's in the Sun, it must be true. And he's a talentless div!

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: April 29, 2006 01:46

jagger50 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, if it's in the Sun, it must be true. And
> he's a talentless div!

please tell me thats sarcasm.

its true, it does look like hes taking it out.

Date: April 29, 2006 02:35

Hound Dog Wrote:
> What's the big deal with this guy, I don't know
> any of his music. He is talked about like he is
> the biggest rock star in the world.

Actually, I don't think he IS talked about as being one of the "biggest rock stars" in the world.

He's very well known over here in the UK, but I'd bet that a vast majority actually know anything about him musically. To most, he's just "that junkie who dates Kate Moss" He was in a band called The Libertines who, to me, were the most exciting new band of 2002. They're debut LP, Up The Bracket showcased Doherty as the brilliant lyricist he then was. However, and to sum things up with a lyric from one of they’re signature tunes, "he pissed it all up the wall", got heavily into heroin and crack, robbed his band mates flat and went to prison. That was it. There was no going back. Despite the band getting back together and releasing a second, self-titled album and having their biggest chart hit with Can't Stand Me Now, Doherty was too dependant on drugs and booted out of the band. He formed his second and current group, Babyshambles towards to towards the end up his reign as a Libertine and despite initial promise, they fizzled out after a crap debut album and gig cancellation after gig cancellation. Us who know what brilliance he is capable of, will always hope that one day he'll pull himself together, but seriously, as pretty much summed it up yourself, who gives a fu*k? This latest episode will be the final nail in his coffin for all but a few. Even the diehard believers in the Doherty cause are loosing faith and who can blame them? What a waster indeed.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: April 29, 2006 04:58

actually, his new babyshambles album got pretty good reviews, i remember reading it in rolling stone.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: April 29, 2006 07:26

"Shocking..." - Anyone ever read "Up & Down With The Rolling Stones"?

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: April 29, 2006 08:05

It says something about this starved society that sends photographers after him day & night to capture all these deeds on picture. How come there is always someone with camera handy everytime he sucks, snorts or boots a drug into his system? The Libertines were not the greatest band of all time but they were pretty damn good. And regardless it is a crying shame to watch a young man in his prime literally kill himslef and stand there and gloat, take photos amd ooh and ah.
Someone go p;ick his confused ass up and throw him into rehab.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 29, 2006 08:28

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
And regardless it
> is a crying shame to watch a young man in his
> prime literally kill himslef

It's a damn shame, and very sad.
He's not only destroying himself, but also those who are close to him.
Shame on you Pete...you are a disgrace.
Please clean up your act now!!!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: April 29, 2006 13:32

Saw The Libertines in 2002, very good.

Pete is a car crash waiting to happen so the press will follow him till he cleans up, goes to prison (which will surely happen now) or dies (most likely).

Date: April 29, 2006 16:00

Pete Doherty doesn’t seem to have many close friends, just hanger on types. He allows all sorts of people in to his home and as a result, pictures like these get taken. In all honesty, I wouldn’t be surprised if he knew he was been snapped. It's no act; this guy is genuinely spaced out most of the time. Some say it's a cry for help, but if it is, he's pushing it a bit far! For instance, self-harming and doing graffiti on your walls with your own blood goes a little beyond attention seeking. Some "friends" claim he could possibly be a manic-depressive.

It's good to read that there are a few Libertines fans here. If you saw them live with Doherty and own Up The Bracket, you'd realise that he's a genuine talent. It's a shame, because too many don't.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: April 29, 2006 16:16

Pete is an absolute lunatic but he has serious talent and the Babyshambles album is brilliant.

Saw Carl Barat´s new band (Dirty Pretty Things) a couple of weeks ago and they put on a great show. Their debut album doesn´t impress me though. They sound like a poor Libertines copy.

Date: April 29, 2006 16:24

Tornandfrayed Wrote:
> Pete is an absolute lunatic but he has serious
> talent and the Babyshambles album is brilliant.
>
> Saw Carl Barat´s new band (Dirty Pretty Things) a
> couple of weeks ago and they put on a great show.
> Their debut album doesn´t impress me though. They
> sound like a poor Libertines copy.

I'm not such a fan of the Babyshambles album. It's overlong and too many of tunes just don't sound right. The fact that the albums greatest song, Albion, was written when he was 16 says it all.

I've only heard a couple of Dirty Pretty Things songs. Bang, Bang Your Dead and You Fu*king Love It. I think both are great, but yeah, they sound like The Libertines. The reason for that is because although Doherty was the main lyricist in the band, it was Barat who was ultimately responsible for putting the songs together and creating the sound. He just seems to have carried it on.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: April 29, 2006 16:31

OK, what am I missing here? Regardless of this latest photo incident of which he may or may not be guilty (he says it was an art project), why the hell isn't he in jail already based on the constant possession busts alone, let alone the reckless driving/driving under the influence charges?

The driving violations are what boggle my mind - not to get all preachy, but it's only a matter of time before he takes out a pedestrian when he's behind the wheel smacked out of his gourd.

What a little @#$%&.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: April 29, 2006 17:37

There are thousands of people cutting themselves, injecting drugs, OD-ing deliberately or not, in & out of rehabs etc etc every day and I think chelseadrugstore's point is apt - 30, 40 years ago would all this even come out? Maybe in a memoir, after the fact.

Date: April 29, 2006 19:51

john r Wrote:
> There are thousands of people cutting themselves,
> injecting drugs, OD-ing deliberately or not, in &
> out of rehabs etc etc every day and I think
> chelseadrugstore's point is apt - 30, 40 years ago
> would all this even come out? Maybe in a memoir,
> after the fact.

Maybe it would've, maybe it wouldn’t. With Peter Doherty, the sad truth is that he courts the media, he adores their attention and wants them their to witness his wild ways. In the 70's, with guys like Keith, it was different. To him, it was a private affair. It wasn’t trusted on to the public, so maybe if it was we'd have been reading these kind of stories back then. Anyway, Doherty’s problems go beyond mere addiction. He's seriously screwed up mentally and actually, he needs people to stop telling him he's a talented songwriter and to instead point out that he's killing himself.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: April 29, 2006 20:45

He is not courting the media. The media and especially The Sun are tracking him down like a dog to get or make up sensational stories to sell their crap papers and make money.

Date: April 29, 2006 21:53

LolA Wrote:
> He is not courting the media. The media and
> especially The Sun are tracking him down like a
> dog to get or make up sensational stories to sell
> their crap papers and make money.

What your saying about the tabloids is true, but he's the one, in his drug-addled state, whose inviting them in for chats and agreeing to exclusive” kiss and tells” about Kate Moss. He’s the one who came out with crap like “Kate dumped me because I’ve got a small cock”!! He needs help.

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: April 30, 2006 00:19

"Rolling Stone" sent a guy over to (try to) follow him around for a few days. The result was a pretty distubing profile of someone roughly equating to Sid Vicious with some musical talent. I thought the first Libertines album was O.K. Sad indeed.

Date: April 30, 2006 04:41

ShaTurd Wrote:
> "Rolling Stone" sent a guy over to (try to) follow
> him around for a few days. The result was a
> pretty distubing profile of someone roughly
> equating to Sid Vicious with some musical talent.
> I thought the first Libertines album was O.K. Sad
> indeed.

Yeah, the story about Pete’s Rolling Stone interview made it into to the UK press. It was reported that he smoked crack and took ecstasy during the interview. I don't like the comparisons to Sid Vicious! Pete is very talented and, DESPITE everything, very intelligent. Sid Vicious was a dimwit, who just happened to be in the right place at the right time and got noticed by Malcolm McClaren. Some journalists have made the connection (heroin and self destructiveness obviously!), but most deem it unfair on Pete’s part. Pete Doherty is screwed up as a result of his addictions. It isn't pretty and I think, in a way, it's good that it’s all been publicised, as it’s showing the extreme ugliness to an already notoriously evil drug. It's claimed many a life and will continue to do so.

The first Libertines album will be Pete’s legacy. There are enough pointers on there to the genius songwriter he is/could've been.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 30, 2006 04:42

Big Al Wrote:

> Pete is very talented and, DESPITE
> everything, very intelligent.

????????

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: April 30, 2006 05:14

Big Al,

Don't get me wrong- I think the guy is good...I should have written that he has "alot" of talent, rather than "some" talent. I should think more before I type. Sid was a F-up, but from what I've seen in interviews with him, he never struck me as dumb, just foolish and reckless. That said, I've always thought that alot of the U.K. music people come across as ALOT smarter than your average U.S. music crowd.

Date: April 30, 2006 14:25

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> Big Al Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Pete is very talented and, DESPITE
> > everything, very intelligent.
>
> ????????

Don't get me wrong, he's a FOOL, but very clever. The Brittish Council envited him to read poetry at a conference when he was 16. He was a straight A Grade student too. No once could've predicted the downward spiral he's since taken.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2219
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home