Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Emotional Rescue (the Album)
Posted by: cc ()
Date: May 1, 2006 03:40

I am conceptually a big fan of this album; I even like the cover. But I'm realizing now that I generally am thinking of my cassette dub of the LP, from which I omitted several songs. The tape runs out on "WTBG" as the girls come in--I was blessed. I don't know if I've ever actually listened to the whole LP straight through.

But on that tape are the title track and "Let Me Go"!

I suppose I might have been disappointed by ER if I had been waiting for a new album in 1980, but I wasn't really paying attention yet, and now, only the fun songs really stand out for me.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: May 1, 2006 03:45

I can help!!!Give me moThe farm is on fire!! time!!! We did agree to take it easy on this one'''remember''!!!I know ES is your problem child!But we didnt even work out Summer Romance...my sweet lady Soul.

Date: May 1, 2006 03:47

I have been working...darl but our ES sesions are high on my list!!!You have tha like it!!

Date: May 1, 2006 03:48

This whole thing is makin mefeel good..I thank yo for that sweet Soul!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 1, 2006 03:53

yeah, i'm one of those who was traumatized when the album first came out. [pained laugh] it was pretty stunning!
it wasn't the first time the Stones had done that to me, though, so i didn't take it *too* hard.
and i've made real good progress with it lately. the slow Let Me Go is starting to move me, WTBG *is* brilliant except for the lame-sounding chicks.
i truly don't know what was bugging me about Summer Romance on that last listen - the mix i guess: it just sounds ... all scrunched up.

i think i'm just too worried about Keith right now to really be able to concentrate properly on trying to dig this album.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-01 11:52 by with sssoul.

Date: May 1, 2006 04:13

Keith will be fine!! Pirates.go go go nutz!!!Dont worry.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 1, 2006 04:16

smile: Rooster honey, i know. but i'm concerned anyway.
and i'm going to sleep now, so ... sweet dreams!

Date: May 1, 2006 04:20

I wish you never sleep sweet Soul!!!Good night....on wth the show.

Date: May 1, 2006 04:32

Its good to be everywhere in dreams..annd Es is a pure dream album!!Goodnight sleep tight.

Date: May 1, 2006 04:40

I saw them so many times...I am afraid I can only go two times this time around...It fills me with sorrow..that I might never see them again Sis.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: May 1, 2006 09:13

I think that Keith's song (All About You) is probably the weakest track on ER, as with many Stones albums before Bridges To Babylon (his songs are amazing on it).

I really like the girls on Where the Boys Go. They add a semi-punk, maybe Billy Idol thing to it that makes it feel more like something u could play in a grungy club with 100 sweaty 20yrolds jumping around trying to be scenesters. It makes it unique and it stands out on the record, and among most Stones songs b/c of this. I wihs they would emply some new backing vocalists like this song did to give them a new sound now and then.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: May 1, 2006 11:42

All About You is one of Keiths greatest songs, beautifully crafted and with a wonderful chorus that comes and goes like a gentle tide. Much better then the somewhat overrated How Can I Stop IMO.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-01 11:50 by Greg.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home