Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Somebody miss Reptile
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 27, 2006 00:54

ouch!!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 27, 2006 00:57

nikkibong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> . . . unlike this thread

Nikkibong, only was curious because he was a part of this board

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 27, 2006 00:58

i know - just joking. though endless threads of this nature turn this from a Stones "board" into a Stones "bored."

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: April 27, 2006 01:06

nikkibong Wrote:
> i know - just joking. though endless threads of
> this nature turn this from a Stones "board" into a
> Stones "bored."

I've always wanted to start one of those big "I'm Leaving- Here's Why" threads. I think people really respect members who do stuff like that.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 27, 2006 01:08

Sorry to bore you Nikki, but I just want to say a few things before this thread dies.

I have to confess, I did manage to see the thread right before bv deleted it.

I feel hypocritical talking about Reptile posting something offensive as I have certainly been guilty of doing the same. I do have a bit of a potty mouth, and find dirty jokes to be pretty funny, and for some reason I seem to have no qualms about saying them. Not very ladylike, I agree. I have tried at various stages in my life to keep these things to myself, but somehow I always seem to get caught up in the moment.

But since I am the offended party, I do feel as though I should say something.
First of all - Reptile is a smart kid but he needs to learn never to joke about people's kids. In any situation. That's just something you don't do. I do however believe the he didn't intentionally set out to make fun of my little boy or hurt my feelings. I feel (and perhaps I am mistaken) that he really thought I would find it funny. I guess that in itself doesn't say too much about people's opinions of me.

The actual video however, did upset me greatly. The little boy in the video is very close to my son's age, and how a grown person can be so cruel and lack compassion to that degree is beyond my comprehesion. Especially a father to his own son. I can't tell you how sad I was for that little boy, I was torn between wanting to cry for him and jumping through the computer so I can beat the father with that video camera. I was disgusted that Reptile or anyone for that matter would find humor in a little boy screaming out in sheer terror. It did bring tears to my eyes, perhaps simply because he is so close to my boy's age and I would never want to see him in that state for even a second.
To add to it, Reptile and I were IORR friends, but even though people were telling him that it was going to hurt my feelings, he didn't seem to care. He may not have set out thinking he was going to hurt my feelings, but when it was brought to his attention, I think he should have dealt with it, instead he became indignant.

The Tom Cruise baby story, was pretty disturbing. I didn't think too much of it at the time, just that he was being a weird little kid, so I let it slide, but I wondered about what kind of person has those thoughts, even if it was meant as a joke. There was also an upsetting photo of an animal cut open, which I also ignored.
Then he goes on to talk how cool the Faces of Death videos are of people getting knives stuck in their throats. (I must also confess, I saw one of those videos when I was a teenager, but I would be hard pressed to say I thought it was cool).

After the thread was deleted, he did write me to tell me he got booted off because of his "funny" video. I just played dumb and wished him luck. In a way, I sort of feel like he blames me, or is upsets that I didn't stick up for him to bv. But at that point I had had enough of him. Personally, I don't care if he comes back, I wouldn't be upset, everyone does dumb things, but I would stay away from further conversations he's involved in. Sorry Reptile if you're reading this.

Cindy

Before I forget, I wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who stuck up for me and tried to spare my feelings. That really meant a lot to me. I have a hard time with sincerity, but please know that I truly do mean it. Thanks again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-27 01:12 by CindyC.

Date: April 27, 2006 01:12

clap....clap.....clap....clap...clap..clap clap clap clap...well said, darling

Date: April 27, 2006 01:12

thanks sweetie. It was hard to write.

Date: April 27, 2006 01:18

because it's so cold there in your office? heater not working?

or I bet you're talking about the subject matter, aren't you?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 27, 2006 01:19

Thanks, CindyC, I don't mind if BV delete this topic as we all know it now.

Date: April 27, 2006 01:20

yeah subject matter on this one. Although it is cold.

Ok I have to run. TTYL

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 27, 2006 01:22

All the best to you, Cindy!

Date: April 27, 2006 01:25

you too Erik!

Re: CindyC
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 27, 2006 01:43

roses for CindyC, if you ain't got none ...
------`-------<@
-----,-------<@
--------,-----<@

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 27, 2006 01:43

Wow!!...I missed all this vid & Tom Cruise stuff....Just the other day I offered reptile some advice and told him to find a girl and stop fretting about closed doors and just go on and kick 'em in.....Guess he just went a lil too far and kicked the wrong doors a bit too hard

Seems like a good kid, here's hoping he gets it together and returns one day...

Nice to see your reply Cindy...seems like you've handled the whole incident fairly well....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: April 27, 2006 02:46

My two cent - in favour of reallowing Reptile.
Sure that video was really bad (I missed out on the Tom Cruise business). Sure Reptile needs to get over such interests, as we all have to grow out of wierd phases as we go. - and don't tell him he needs help: he knows that!

Reptile He has done something which, in real (physical) life, must be dealt with, and sure it is. Lots of struggle await him in real life anyway, as they await all of us.

But we are not in physical life.

Now perhaps, CindyC, if he was your next door neighbour, you'd have an excellent reason not to let him approach your kid. And in fact, I can also agree that to maintain an email relationship with him is by itself to be considered.

But:

Reptile is not a threat to your kid, nor to any of us. In fact, the reason why he posted that video as a joke to you, CindyC is obviously because he quite likes you and ment no harm by it. Now, a kid like that, who told us his story just a day before, finds something important on the net - company, what have you. And if there is any point in forums like this, it might be that they allow kids like him (or grownups) to find it.

We have globally expressed our disapproval of the video. We think it is a bad behaviour towards kids and in fact to posters. My opinion is, let people who physically deal with Reptile, deal with this. In fact, we offer less then them: we do not help him check the door at night, we are neither the girlfriend he never had nor the circle of friends he may wish for. We are just a bunch of ghosts with whom he can share a common passion. But because we offer less, BECAUSE we are less giving, we can also afford to be more forgiving.

I think Reptile must be really hurt (I would be, in his shoes) to see that the bunch of unknown folks he wrote an open letter to, and who expressed all these kind feelings, now turn their back on him so fast.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the missap of the video happened because, precisely, things had gotten a little too personal. But my opinion would be: let us cool off, remember it is not personal in a strong sense, enjoy it for what it is and let him do so as well.

I think he is kind, intelligent, funny and obviously fragile - he told us so himself. I hope people who are none of these things - stupid mass murderers devoid of a sense of humour - still find on the net an odd substitute for what they cannot get in physical life.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 27, 2006 02:56

I remember he did open up-was hurt by someone -you stood by him-and he told some personal stuff-I thought that was brave!!than I came home after work....and saw his(this)threat- that was it for me-never saw the vid-but I felt it-that evening I didnt want to bbe on tell me...and..Rep was sometimes very funny -he wanted to shock ...just because he was bored..he didnt have to do that cause you listened to him...strange world...power to you C and rep...to much blood aint no fun!!I felt bad about it.

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: April 27, 2006 03:14

otonneau Wrote:
> My two cent - in favour of reallowing Reptile.
> Sure that video was really bad (I missed out on
> the Tom Cruise business). Sure Reptile needs to
> get over such interests, as we all have to grow
> out of wierd phases as we go. - and don't tell him
> he needs help: he knows that!
>
> Reptile He has done something which, in real
> (physical) life, must be dealt with, and sure it
> is. Lots of struggle await him in real life
> anyway, as they await all of us.
>
> But we are not in physical life.
>
> Now perhaps, CindyC, if he was your next door
> neighbour, you'd have an excellent reason not to
> let him approach your kid. And in fact, I can also
> agree that to maintain an email relationship with
> him is by itself to be considered.
>
> But:
>
> Reptile is not a threat to your kid, nor to any of
> us. In fact, the reason why he posted that video
> as a joke to you, CindyC is obviously because he
> quite likes you and ment no harm by it. Now, a kid
> like that, who told us his story just a day
> before, finds something important on the net -
> company, what have you. And if there is any point
> in forums like this, it might be that they allow
> kids like him (or grownups) to find it.
>
> We have globally expressed our disapproval of the
> video. We think it is a bad behaviour towards kids
> and in fact to posters. My opinion is, let people
> who physically deal with Reptile, deal with this.
> In fact, we offer less then them: we do not help
> him check the door at night, we are neither the
> girlfriend he never had nor the circle of friends
> he may wish for. We are just a bunch of ghosts
> with whom he can share a common passion. But
> because we offer less, BECAUSE we are less giving,
> we can also afford to be more forgiving.
>
> I think Reptile must be really hurt (I would be,
> in his shoes) to see that the bunch of unknown
> folks he wrote an open letter to, and who
> expressed all these kind feelings, now turn their
> back on him so fast.
>
> In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the missap of
> the video happened because, precisely, things had
> gotten a little too personal. But my opinion would
> be: let us cool off, remember it is not personal
> in a strong sense, enjoy it for what it is and let
> him do so as well.
>
> I think he is kind, intelligent, funny and
> obviously fragile - he told us so himself. I hope
> people who are none of these things - stupid mass
> murderers devoid of a sense of humour - still find
> on the net an odd substitute for what they cannot
> get in physical life.

yeah, but even if he did come back, things would be pretty awkward anyways. It would be like if bv let whore of babylon stay on the board, and he/she starts to post regurlaly you know? it just can't happen. what happened happened, its too bad, but its an experience in life, and he learned a lesson.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 27, 2006 03:22

Reptile was important to me too on this board. He was a really smart boy.
But what he did, was real bad, on that thread. It's very difficult.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 27, 2006 04:06

I thought Reptile was (like most of us are/were) a smart-ass kid who cussed too much. That's fine with me, but not with the IORR rules (family paper, remember). Making or suggesting threats most definitely isn't fine. In the words of the immortal Rodney King (no relation) -"Why can't we all get along"?

Date: April 27, 2006 04:46

wow...beautiful post, otonneau...very full of forgiveness and understanding...I am humbled in your presence.

Date: April 27, 2006 04:48

I miss out on all the interesting threads. Why was Tom Cruise terrorizing a little kid on video?

Date: April 27, 2006 04:55

cirrhosis Wrote:
> I miss out on all the interesting threads. Why
> was Tom Cruise terrorizing a little kid on video?

Because Michael Jackson was out of town.

Date: April 27, 2006 04:56

uh....Sir Rhosis...it was becasue he was trying to impress Oprah, I think...I'm not sure, but he sure did scare that little booger

Date: April 27, 2006 05:07

otonneau,

you do make a lot of really good points. I appreciate you taking the time to write them. I was really torn between putting my post up there or not, but it just felt weird not to tell my side so I did.

In fact, I do feel really badly about the whole situation. I don't know why rep got so weird with all that freaky talk lately, but I have to say it did sort of freak me out. I know he doesn't live anywhere near me, but I don't know, I guess I let my imagination get carried away.

Additionally, you are right, he did open up just a few days before and told us his story, and I was sympathetic to him. I know there's nothing I can do for him, but I really do wish him well. It has crossed my mind several times that he has lost a pasttime he obviously enjoys, and I know people on here will miss him.

In my other post, I was going to write that if he comes back, I don't want people to feel as if they have to take sides, or feel as if they shouldn't converse with him if they want. I wouldn't ask that of anyone. I chose not to write it because I know it's mostly a male board, and most men don't think like than anyway, so i omitted it.

Additionally, I am a pretty forgiving person, and would rather have things worked out than to hold onto stupid grudges, especially if the grudge is simply over a bad judgement call. But I guess in the end, it's up to bv if he wants to let him back as Reptile, or if Reptile even wants to come back as rep. or another name.

Another part of me feels a little bit annoyed that I am feeling guilty over this. I didn't even do anything! I didn't post at all while that whole thing was happening, so why am I feeling guilt? Probably just because I feel bad that the whole thing occured. Ok, I don't really know what I'm feeling I guess. I'll stop writing.

Cindy

P.S. with sssoul, thanks for the roses, I didn't have none.

Date: April 27, 2006 05:11

The man is obviously a publicity-generating genius. I now begin to wonder where he was when Britney's baby fell?

Date: April 27, 2006 05:19

cirrhosis Wrote:
The man is obviously a publicity-generating genius. I now begin to wonder where he was when Britney's baby fell?

He was working with Nicole Ritchie, that girl is everywheya!

Date: April 27, 2006 07:07

I was going to sing this tonight anyway, yet it suddenly seems appropo for this person/controversy of which I have no real understanding.

[beta.yousendit.com]

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 27, 2006 09:30

Well, the good son Reptile had Aspbergers *.

I say tough sh*t of him clingin to this old farts-society so long.
I'm actually genuinly impressed by that.
I am 42 and it getting on my nerves with all the justifying & hypocritic
as well as neo-moralistic:
So we finally got our Brian at IORR. Now he's gone. Hope he will recover.

Dont know anything about that video more than you wrote above.

What if Reptile is that little kid in that movie/video?

.....I'll try to find his touching bio-pic on that matter *...

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: April 27, 2006 10:08

If one fruitcake is banned from this board we can be rather certain a new one will arrive pretty soon. There'll always be a Reptile or Ferrante/Shearer on this site whether you approve of it or not. So please guys, relax and stop that pathetic psychobabble right now. If you don't play by the rules you sure gotta face the music. Simple as that. MEZ

and Ay ay baby it hurts

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: April 27, 2006 10:28

Hi CindyC, well I surely don't see why you should feel guilty! Hey, but guilt is just like that - I feel guilty most of the time, without knowing why!!

Manhattan, I envy you - "Simple as that" - that's really how things never seem to me!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home