Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1.Who is going to a Stones gig ? 2 . Chucks influence
Posted by: salar ()
Date: April 26, 2006 16:23

Just saw the interview on german tV ZDF.de ( follow the ZDFmediathek link).
There are 4 interviews with Mick,Keith,Charly and Ron, each about 7-8 minutes long...maybe it has been posted already.

As the Stones did return after 3 months to play a second or even a third gig in eat coast citys, Mick said that they asked about 1000 fans before the second gig in one of the east cost citys( remember the playd several times in New York,Boston,Chicago,Phily and so on...)
Mick said that he wanted to know how many of the fan base did already see the first gig 3 months ago.
the answer was:
1/3 of the crowd did see the first gig as well...
1/3 came to see them the first time this tour ...and
1´/3 of the audience were Stones virgins..they came to see their first Stones gig ever.
I never expected that many first time Stones goers.

What a pity...cause this is a strong argument for Jagger keep playing the greatest hits again and again, cause he may say now:
" What do you want..if we have so many virgin fans we have to play the greatest hits."

What do u think ?

By the way...I am not a fan of Chuck, but to me it is now clear that, without Chuck, we would have the same 20 songs again and again...like it was during 82 and 90.
The Stones began to vary the setlist up from VL....which was because of the rising influence of Chuck.
Even Darryl said that he would like more variety but he keeps quiet, because he is a "guest" only...
The reason may be that Chuck & Daryl are NOW playing with the Stones, but they still are fans of the Stones music at all...cause in the 60´s/70´s they were fans like me and you.Know what I mean ?

Cuonthetour
Salar

Re: 1.Who is going to a Stones gig ? 2 . Chucks influence
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 26, 2006 16:37

>Mick said that they asked about 1000 fans before the second gig in one of the east cost citys( remember the playd several times in New York,Boston,Chicago,Phily and so on...)
Mick said that he wanted to know how many of the fan base did already see the first gig 3 months ago.
the answer was:
1/3 of the crowd did see the first gig as well...
1/3 came to see them the first time this tour ...and
1´/3 of the audience were Stones virgins..they came to see their first Stones gig ever.
I never expected that many first time Stones goers.

How did they 'ask' them? 1,000? Dont believe it for a second

No way are 1/3 of an average Stones crowd seeing them for the first time. Maybe if theyre playing a market they havent played in years or ever, but otherwise no chance. Considering the amount of touring theyve done in the last decade, the ageing of their fanbase and the price of the tickets, that statement is laughable.

For that to happen and considering the fact that the venues have got smaller down the years, that would also suggest that a very high % of Stones fans who went to previous tours werent sufficiently impressed to see them again this time and that theres a new audience out there for them to take those people's places. No chance

And your remark about Leavell is correct IMO, although its partly because they became more aware of the concept of fans going to more than one show per tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1521
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home