Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

APACHE
Posted by: turd ()
Date: April 25, 2006 16:21

According to the Bill Wyman's Rolling with the Stones book - on page 73 he lists the Stones recording dates and playlists for the Tv programme, Ready Steady Go! I was intrigued to notice that on 27 August 1965 they performed, Satisfaction, Cry to me, Mercy Mercy and the Shadows song, Apache!
Maybe this was the play out song for the show - anybody know anything about this or ever heared The Stones version of Apache?

Re: APACHE
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 25, 2006 16:44

No, but I also remember reading this. I quite like Apache and a few of the other Shadows tunes, but it seemed like they were just reading it all off a chart. They weren’t very rock 'n' roll to say the least.

Ronnie disliked them in the day and thought they were totally wrong. (He says as much in his South Bank special from a couple of years ago) but they were the band everyone in England was listening to at the time.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 25, 2006 16:50

I think it may have been over the play-out, but the Stones version has never circulated, unfortunately. It'd be fun to hear it

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: April 25, 2006 19:42

Instrumental, Jagger didn't sing on it.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 25, 2006 20:55

Would like to hear it!!!Red Power.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 25, 2006 23:34

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Instrumental, Jagger didn't sing on it.

Jagger did How How with a feader in is hair.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home