Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Twickenham
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 18, 2006 20:18

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can you please copy and paste the transcript of
> the e-mail you reecived? Thanks

THE ROLLING STONES CONFIRM THAT ALL TICKETS ARE VALID AND SHOWS WILL REMAIN ON THE SAME DATES IN AUGUST Concert promoters for The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang World Tour, announced today that The Rolling Stones London shows on Sunday, 20th August and Tuesday, 22nd August 2006 will now take place at Twickenham Stadium. This follows the announcement from Wembley Ltd on Friday that Wembley Stadium will not be completed in time. Although The Stones are disappointed not to have played the new Wembley they are excited by the switch to Twickenham which sees them return to the venue they played two sold out shows in 2003 to unprecedented critical acclaim. The good news for Stones ticket-holders is that the Bigger Bang Concerts will take place on exactly the same dates this summer. All London ticket purchasers will now be issued tickets for Twickenham. The distribution information will be announced shortly. Anticipation for the tour is already running at an all-time high following the incredible critical and box-office response to the Stones’ North American shows. ‘A Bigger Bang’ world tour is currently rolling through Japan & Australia. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts will be opening their European tour at Barcelona’s Olympic Stadium on 27th May 2006. If you can’t join the Twickenham shows please follow the instructions below in order to cancel your order. Please respond by Friday 5th May.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 18, 2006 20:19

Gazza Wrote:
> can you please copy and paste the transcript of
> the e-mail you reecived? Thanks

Here ya go Gazza

THE ROLLING STONES CONFIRM THAT ALL TICKETS ARE VALID AND SHOWS WILL REMAIN ON THE SAME DATES IN AUGUST Concert promoters for The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang World Tour, announced today that The Rolling Stones London shows on Sunday, 20th August and Tuesday, 22nd August 2006 will now take place at Twickenham Stadium. This follows the announcement from Wembley Ltd on Friday that Wembley Stadium will not be completed in time. Although The Stones are disappointed not to have played the new Wembley they are excited by the switch to Twickenham which sees them return to the venue they played two sold out shows in 2003 to unprecedented critical acclaim. The good news for Stones ticket-holders is that the Bigger Bang Concerts will take place on exactly the same dates this summer. All London ticket purchasers will now be issued tickets for Twickenham. The distribution information will be announced shortly. Anticipation for the tour is already running at an all-time high following the incredible critical and box-office response to the Stones’ North American shows. ‘A Bigger Bang’ world tour is currently rolling through Japan & Australia. Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts will be opening their European tour at Barcelona’s Olympic Stadium on 27th May 2006. If you can’t join the Twickenham shows please follow the instructions below in order to cancel your order. Please respond by Friday 5th May.

Click Here

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 18, 2006 20:36

Big Al, I believe the e-mail wants you to say yes, I'm going, no, I'm not going.
So I said yes just in case. But I'm also getting one refund. I talked to a human being at Ticketmaster for the refund. So if you want to go better say yes. And like me one of your party cannot go, then deal with that later. They don't make it easy, do they.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 18, 2006 21:40

Jagger50,

Will you be at Twick I ? Be very glad to meet you.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 18, 2006 21:43

thanks guys. It appears then (going by the last 2 sentences) that you only need respond if youre NOT going.

Cheers

Date: April 18, 2006 21:45

jagger50 Wrote:
> I talked to a human being at
> Ticketmaster

I've been dealing with TM by phone for many years and I have never encountered such an entity. Every one of them have been robots or aliens

Date: April 18, 2006 22:13

Do they drink Guiness or Tea

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: April 18, 2006 22:29

Gazza Wrote:
> thanks guys. It appears then (going by the last 2
> sentences) that you only need respond if youre NOT
> going.

The actual survey from Ticketmaster that you're supposed to fill in reads like this -

Please answer the following questions:

1) If you would like to attend the concert at Twickenham, please select Yes. If you do not wish to attend the concert at Twickenham please select No.

Yes, I would like to attend the new event at Twickenham.
No, I would not like to attend the new event at Twickenham and require a full refund

2) Please confirm your booking reference number.

Submit Answer

Date: April 18, 2006 22:31

phd Wrote:
> Jagger50,
>
> Will you be at Twick I ? Be very glad to meet you.

Yes, at both shows, will have a beer ready for you. Cheers!

Date: April 18, 2006 22:34

Great. Cheers

Date: April 18, 2006 22:45

If any IORR members are going to either Twicks show, it would be lovely if we could all meet up for a couple of pints and a chat before the show. Shall we start this via e-mail?

Date: April 18, 2006 22:48

The Stones Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > thanks guys. It appears then (going by the last
> 2
> > sentences) that you only need respond if youre
> NOT
> > going.
>
> The actual survey from Ticketmaster that you're
> supposed to fill in reads like this -
>
>
>
>
> Please answer the following questions:
>
>
> 1) If you would like to attend the concert at
> Twickenham, please select Yes. If you do not wish
> to attend the concert at Twickenham please select
> No.
>
> Yes, I would like to attend the new event at
> Twickenham.
> No, I would not like to attend the new event at
> Twickenham and require a full refund
>
>
> 2) Please confirm your booking reference number.
>
>
> Submit Answer

but that contradicts the e-mail that Harm and Big Al copied and pasted above

How can you receive two separate e-mails/instructions which ask you to do two different things?

Date: April 18, 2006 22:53

Gazza, who sold you the tickets? If it was Ticketmaster I can give you the phone number I got through to a human.

Date: April 18, 2006 23:27

jagger50 Wrote:
> If any IORR members are going to either Twicks
> show, it would be lovely if we could all meet up
> for a couple of pints and a chat before the show.
> Shall we start this via e-mail?

Shall we?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 18, 2006 23:29

i think it was the "lovely" comment that threw everyone off on this, J50...

Date: April 18, 2006 23:30

I don't get it.

Date: April 18, 2006 23:31

lovely and IORR don't mix

Date: April 18, 2006 23:31

whisky and water do, though

Date: April 18, 2006 23:33

OK, why don't we meet up to talk about some shit kicking rock n roll.

Date: April 18, 2006 23:35

sign me up!

Date: April 18, 2006 23:39

What about: We meet down the frog and toad down the rubber tub, sink a few pigs ears, have a natter, get Brahms and List and finish with a Ruby Murry.

Date: April 18, 2006 23:46

personally, I'm gonna have Gazza lead me by the hand (at some point that will probably involve draggin' a 220-pound near-corpse around) through the quaint pubs of Richmond....

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 18, 2006 23:50

There does seem to be a great contradiction in the e-mail, suggesting that you need only reply IF you do not want to go, but if you read the instuctions at the link it says answer yes or no. I answered yes, and used the comment box to re-affirm my will call status. I figured I did no harm and did not want tickets lost in the mail.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 19, 2006 00:26

jagger50 Wrote:
> jagger50 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If any IORR members are going to either Twicks
> > show, it would be lovely if we could all meet
> up
> > for a couple of pints and a chat before the
> show.
> > Shall we start this via e-mail?
>
>
> Shall we?

I'll going to 22nd one, and wouldn't mind at all having few beers with fellow IORReans, and perhaps settle this VIBRATO vs. WEAVE thing once and for all... smiling smiley So count me in.

- Doxa

Date: April 19, 2006 00:49

jagger50 Wrote:
> Gazza, who sold you the tickets? If it was
> Ticketmaster I can give you the phone number I got
> through to a human.

I bought the tickets through the normal TM outlets. I have 3 sets of 4 tickets for the 2 shows - all of them (kinda) accounted for.

Slight problem is that I've changed e-mail address since buying them so wouldnt have received any e-mail from TM as I hadnt changed my profile with them prior to the e-mails being sent (I've also read that letters are being sent - howevere I didnt get one. Maybe theyre just going to phone customers).

Anyway, I did phone TM 2 weeks ago and whilst on hold, their recorded messages gave conflicting info. It firstly mentioned advising them whether you wanted the tickets or not - and then later stated that you just had to reply IF you wanted a refund. When I got through to one of their helpful staff members (!), after having difficulty finding my booking even though I gave the reference number, he seemed hopelessly confused but I did manage to prise out of him the fact that as I wanted all of the tickets I didnt have to do anything.

Not wanting to take any chances I sent TM an e-mail late last week to confirm this and giving booking details of all three of my orders. Still waiting on a reply but hopefully that should suffice.

Thanks for the offer of help nonetheless.

Date: April 19, 2006 00:52

Doxa Wrote:
>>
> I'll going to 22nd one, and wouldn't mind at all
> having few beers with fellow IORReans, and perhaps
> settle this VIBRATO vs. WEAVE thing once and for
> all... smiling smiley So count me in.
>
> - Doxa

I understand that our good vibrato-lovin' friend OpenG shall be jetting in for one of the London shows, so hopefully he will join us in order to put forward the argument for the IORR Taylor faction!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 20, 2006 09:27

The Taylor faction? You make it sound like it's part of Rote Armé Fraktion. :-D

JumpingKentFlash

Date: April 20, 2006 11:40

thats exactly the way I intended it to sound. They're a very militant, extremist bunch! Well spotted!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 20, 2006 11:58

I'll be at Twick meeting up with the ol barn cake OpenG!!! Should be fun.....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home