Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Onstage in Europe
Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 15, 2006 00:54

Mail from RS.com

We are excited to announce our new Bigger Bang ON STAGE travel package experiences to select destinations along the Stones’ 2006 European tour route! These new ON STAGE experiences will allow you to enjoy the show right over Ronnie’s side with the closest and best view of the entire stage! Not only will you feel like part of the band, but also you’ll have plenty of room, no crowds to fight, access to restrooms, refreshments, AND be as close as you can possibly be to the guys themselves. This is the ultimate Rolling Stones concert experience where you will be able to interact with the band from the box sections of the stage and feel a part of their world! Now you can enjoy all of the deluxe accommodations of our Rolling Stones travel package experiences to the following destinations, PLUS you’ll experience the Stones ON STAGE!

Example from Fan Asylum for Amsterdam (only Ronnie's side available!)

This is a special opportunity to actually be up, on stage with the Stones for the their Bigger Bang world tour at Amsterdam Arena! Your On Stage Experience ticket will allow you to enjoy the show right over Ronnie’s side with the closest and best view of the entire stage! Not only will you feel like part of the band, but also you’ll have plenty of room, no crowds to fight, access to restrooms, drinks, AND be as close as you can possibly be to the guys themselves. This is the ultimate Rolling Stones concert experience where you will be able to interact with the band from the box sections of the stage and feel a part of their world as they rock Amsterdam!

You're invited to join together with other Rolling Stones fans from around the world for this once-in-a-lifetime travel package experience to one of Europe's most lively cities ~ all this plus you will be ON STAGE with the Stones! The exciting and bustling city of Amsterdam is the perfect compliment to your ultimate Rolling Stones experience! Your home for this travel package experience is the Amsterdam Marriot Hotel located in the heart of Amsterdam, close to canals and the picturesque city center. Amsterdam is one of the most wild and colorful cities in the world. And rightly so! Where else do you find so many places of interest, famous museums, cozy pubs and fun shops and markets? There are a great many of surprising attractions Amsterdam has in store for you. This renowned European hot spot is sure to play an amazing host to your ultimate Rolling Stone experience where you’ll witness the Stones’ Bigger Bang world tour ON STAGE!

Check it out:

ROLLING STONES BIGGER BANG ON STAGE PACKAGE
AMSTERDAM, HOLLAND #1
JULY 29 – 31, 2006
3 Days // 2 Nights

2-night hotel accommodations @ the Amsterdam Marriot Hotel
Buffet breakfast daily
On Stage with Rolling Stones ticket Ronnie’s side, first level for the show on July 30, 2006 @ Amsterdam Arena. The closest, best view!
Transportation to and from the show
Pre-Show Party
Welcome Reception
Special On Stage Experience Merchandise Gifts
T-shirt & Souvenir Laminate
24-hour On-site Host

DEADLINE to sign up is June 13, 2006.

Price is $2200.00 USD per person based on double occupancy (two people to a room).

Price for single occupancy is $2575.00 USD.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-15 00:58 by mariannerl.

Re: Onstage in Europe
Date: April 15, 2006 00:56

For Zurich/Dübendorf "Dübi" there is a rumour that onstage seats will be on sale for CHF 1'500. A part of the ticket prize should be for charity. The way it was on the US Tour. But the decision should be made in June.

But that means that we have the US stage ???

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-15 00:59 by mariannerl.

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: April 15, 2006 02:10

The US stage will probably be used in Europe as well during this summer. Personally I did not really like the set at all. Well, when the show was in full speed and if a dark evening, the the light show was a ok.
My personal "best stage" was the cobra. Half way out on the field you could really feel the heat from the cobra firesmiling smiley

I have 17 gigs on my list at this moment and a view from behind would be someting nice to see. See ya on stage in Göteborg.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 15, 2006 02:29

what a swindle!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 15, 2006 02:33

thiefs!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 15, 2006 04:55

if it were half the price, i'd say it would be worth it.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 15, 2006 05:08

Rock&roll suicide.

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: April 15, 2006 08:35

I think it`s really cheap , but are they really gonna have the whole "On Stage thing " in Gothenburg ?

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: April 15, 2006 08:35

What the Hell....it's only money.

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: April 15, 2006 10:48

As a result of poor ticket sales in Amsterdam, all ticket holders will be now seated on the stage area and the band will play on the pitch.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: April 15, 2006 13:07

The lower level boxes are they ones you want to try and get.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 15, 2006 13:08

rooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rock&roll suicide.

That's a good one!

Posted by: Ediths Groove ()
Date: April 15, 2006 20:55

I'm just glad I caught them back on the No Security Tour at MSG when you could get "Obstructed View" at the back of the stage for $50.I was in the front row directly behind Charlie almost at his level but a little above.It was just like being "On Stage" with them especialy when the lights went up on the crowd as Mick was working them. Was also interesting to see him under the stage getting into the stage lift & crouching down ready to spring up on stage through the trap door.The whole thing was probably the best show experiance I've had seeing what everybody gets up to back stage.Joe hagging out & getting Ronnies coat out of the travel boxes ready for when he came of stage.

Date: April 21, 2006 08:05

Onstage in Dübendorf/Zurich. Only available for CHF 1'500. CHF 600 are for charity. At the moment only for members of good news (the promoter). To buy membership is possible. But even if you are member, you have to email them and it's not sure that you are one of the lucky ones who can buy this expensive tickets.

Here original text in german language.

Mit den Rolling Stones auf derselben Bühne stehen? Good News machts möglich!

Sie haben richtig gelesen: Good News Productions AG erfüllt für einige wenige Fans der guten Rockmusik einen lang gehegten Traum. 180 Rolling Stones-Begeisterte haben die einmalige Gelegenheit, das Konzert der grössten Rockgruppe aller Zeiten am 5. August 2006 auf dem Militärflugplatz in Dübendorf wortwörtlich hautnah zu erleben. Bestimmt haben Sie sich schon immer gewundert, wie ein solches Monsterkonzert wohl von der Bühnenperspektive aussieht. Träume dürfen auch mal in Erfüllung gehen – das ist unser Credo. Und somit sind SIE jetzt in der Lage, Ihren vielleicht grössten Wunsch selber zu verwirklichen. Für den Preis von CHF 1500.– gehören vielleicht SIE sehr bald zu den Glücklichen, die nach Konzertende am 5. August stolzerfüllt sagen können: «Ich war dabei!»

Das muss doch ein Scherz sein!

Nein, da dürfen wir Sie leider enttäuschen – unser Angebot ist beileibe kein Scherz. Es ist die Realität! Die Rolling Stones haben sich entschlossen, auf ihrer aktuellen «A Bigger Bang»-Tournee die aussergewöhnliche und wahrhaftig einmalige Möglichkeit zu bieten, die spektakulärste und grösste Rockshow, die die Welt bisher gesehen hat, von dergleichen Sicht aus zu betrachten wie die Hauptdarsteller selber – noch besser sogar: Sie stehen seitlich inmitten des Bühnendekors in ungefähr 8 m Höhe! Im Klartext heisst das: Wenn Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood und Charlie Watts ihre grössten Hits und Evergreens zum Besten geben und den euphorischen Applaus von 58’000 Menschen entgegennehmen, werden auch SIE das Gefühl haben, einen Teil dieses Applauses für sich geerntet zu haben!

Pro verkaufte Konzertkarte werden CHF 600.– für einen guten Zweck eingesetzt.

Die Rolling Stones haben zudem beschlossen, die so genannten «Onstage-Tickets» (Stehplätze auf der Bühne) für das Konzert in Dübendorf nicht dem Fanclub, sondern einem guten Zweck zu vergeben. Die Gemeinden Dübendorf wie auch Volketswil werden ihren Anteil dem Werkheim Uster zukommen lassen. Die Gemeinde Wangen-Brüttisellen hat entschieden, ihren Anteil aus dem Erlös der begehrten Tickets an die folgende Wohltätigkeitsorganisation zu spenden: Arbeitsheim Wangen ZH, Heim und Werkstätte für Behinderte.

Das darf ich mir nicht entgehen lassen – nur: wie komme ich zu einem dieser begehrten Tickets?

Ganz einfach! Nach dem guten alten Prinzip «first come, first serve» senden Sie ein E-Mail an: info@goodnews.ch mit den folgenden Angaben: Name, Adresse, Membernummer (nicht zwingend), Kreditkarteninfos. Die Onstage-Tickets werden NUR gegen Zahlung mit der Kreditkarte herausgegeben.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 21, 2006 08:07

Bargain

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 21, 2006 08:09

DON'T DO IT. LOOK at the picture on the fanasylum page. Is that the view that you want of the show?

Date: April 21, 2006 08:18

Not not me....

But the ones who have a lot of money or would book a VIP Package anyway.... so some of the money would go to charity.

[www.goodnews-member.ch]

Here for the ones who want to get a membership ... and good luck.

Date: April 21, 2006 08:27

drbryant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DON'T DO IT. LOOK at the picture on the fanasylum
> page. Is that the view that you want of the show?

i was on stage 4 times in the lower boxes ronnie's side. the thing is the stones don't just stand there and face the audience the whole time. they stand sideways and interact with each other, they face the back of the stage and interact with charlie and chuck (and me!)

- it is a lot like what Edith Groove described as the "obstructed view" - you get to see all the goings on backstage and see all their facial expressions and communications. the side-of-stage tickets in the arenas do the same job and i got those on this tour when i wasn't on stage. although on stage is not obtructed because there aren't poles, etc. in your way.

Date: April 21, 2006 08:34

Die Rolling Stones haben zudem beschlossen, die so genannten «Onstage-Tickets» (Stehplätze auf der Bühne) für das Konzert in Dübendorf nicht dem Fanclub

This part means that no onstage Tickets go to RS.com.

This is only for your information. For those who have to g onstage. Myself.... no

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 21, 2006 23:54

I should be fair, since I never actually sat in the onstage boxes.

The only onstage tix I had were for Pittsburgh, and I ended up not being able to go. I sold them cheap to a student at the University of Pittsburgh, and he was ecstatic about the experience. He wrote me a nice thank you note, enclosing a check (signed by his mom), with a letter about how incredible it was. And, if you check the loooong thread on this subject on the rs.com board, you can see that opinions are split.

The only thing that bothers me is selling these as VIP $2000 packages, which I think will leave some people VERY disappointed. That's why I feel compelled to point out that the view is not as close as one might think.

Date: April 22, 2006 01:13

i was in the lower boxes on ronnie's side for pittsburgh and it was a little more crowded in the boxes at that show than the other 3 (there were just 3-4 of us per box at the other shows). like i've said before, if you can't get front row on the floor, this is the next best thing.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 22, 2006 01:20

as i've posted before...glad I did it once...but in hindsight, it was not worth the money....sound sucked....vantage sucked.

Date: April 22, 2006 17:23

yes, the sound is not great - especially during infamy (a song i like) but i was able to be blown away by 2 killer versions of satisfaction (soldier field and petco park). and the interaction with the band is great, but maybe it helps to be a female..stonestod, were you in the upper or lower deck?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home