Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hotel in Paris for show in June?
Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: April 12, 2006 12:10

Where are the other IORR fans staying? Anyone knows a good Hotel for the Paris show on June 3rd?

Re: Hotel in Paris for show in June?
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 12, 2006 12:32

Just started trawling through the internet for hotels in paree for june as i have a bit of time at work to do this, hopefully should sort something out, if you go on www.bookingsnet.com at least its one of the few ones that dont charge you until you finish your stay at the hotel as where most of the others take all payment or part payment.

At the moment looking round the latin quarter.Also i think it around the same time that the french open is on and dont know what effect this has on hotel bookings.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: April 12, 2006 12:55

i booked this at the venue:

Suitehotel Paris Saint Denis Stade

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: April 12, 2006 15:08

Since I live there part time I'm pretty familiar with the place. 2 Hotels I highly recommend (at $100 US/about 80 Euros a night per room - 2 people) super clean, quiet, and in one of the best neighborhoods in Paris is the Hotel Du Champ De Mars (From the states 011 - 33 - 1 - 45 - 51 - 52 - 30) and the Hotel Grand Leveque (same price). The metro (line 8) is about 2 blocks away and 4 main bus routes have stops next to the metro stairs. Check out customer reviews and photos for these hotels at www.tripadvisor.com. Also check out www.paristriptips.com for more hotels. You want the Latn Quarter ? (more expensive for less) check out the 5th Arr. The hotels I mentioned are in the 7th with a 10 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower.The 6th is also a very cool little area - not flooded with tourists like the latin quarter. Trip Advisor and Paris Trip Tips should help you get your room - not book it, you do that. Help you decide what to get. Check out www.ruecler.com to see the daily no cars, cobblestoned street market where those top mentioned 2 hotels are located.Also a great little Casual restaurant called Le Cafe du Marche with great prices for fantastic meals and plenty of nice babes. Belgium Leif Beer on tap + plenty of good French wines. Stays open until about 1 every night, and gets full every night also.Whatever you do stay in town and NOT by the stadium. Bon Chance...

Date: April 12, 2006 15:54

I reckon thats good advice regarding staying round the stadium as i have heard its not the best of places, remember trying hotel hotel leveque and im sure its fully booked and also could be the same case for hotel de mars as well.

Date: April 12, 2006 15:58

Hello MicksBrain: thank you very much for your info!

Date: April 12, 2006 16:59

A little trick that used to work for me is to try and get a booking at one of the hotels for at least 1 night and then hope for a cancelation that happens quite often in the morning - maybe around 10am. If you let them know ahead of time that you'll jump on any cancelation they'll keep that in mind a just put your name in there if one comes up. You can also ping pong between 2 (or 3) hotels.
Just checked it out on www.traveladvisor.com and Hotel CDM is in the top 10% of over 1500 Parisian Hotels. I would think the Ping Pong idea should be given some thought. the hotels are only a block apart. Think about it if it's something that might work for you.....

Date: April 12, 2006 18:16

Guys, i wouldn't book an hotel in St Denis if i had to find a place for the Paris show (i'm lucky, my daughter lives in Paris). St Denis is one of those poor east and north suburbs around Paris, very depressing. Nothing to do there before or after the show. And some areas are probably a little bit dangerous at night. The stadium is very easy to reach from Paris with the subway. Also consider that all the pre and post show parties will be in Paris downtown.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 12, 2006 18:17

It's holiday time on this weekend. Most Europeans have monday off.... many people are travelling in other cities like Paris this weekend...

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 12, 2006 20:26

If you have the choice, please do not book near The Stade de France.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 12, 2006 20:57

phd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you have the choice, please do not book near
> The Stade de France.

As far I know that's not the most romantic place in Paris....

I booked a hotel in Montparnasse. No idea if that's good place to stay. Between the station and Jardin du Luxembourg.

Date: April 12, 2006 22:47

Yeah, Montparnasse is a good area, a lot of movie theaters, restaurants, shopping. Now go on www.tripadvisor.com and see what kind of rating the people that have stayed there have given it. There's usually 10 -20 reviews written by past guests (just curious what the name of the Hotel is, so I can check it out in case it's a new find, don't leave it if you feel weird about it)

Date: April 13, 2006 09:49

Try again at www.bookingsnet.com as they also have reviews on most hotels from guests and supply a scoring rate and once again they only ask for a credit card number as a guarantee but dont bill you until you finish your stay at the hote, and if you do have to cancel for any unforseen circumstances and you do it in around 48 hours notice you wont be charged. Please dont take my word for it thou please check when booking.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 13, 2006 11:00

Rue des Beaux-Arts, in St Germain des Pres, there is a beautiful little romantic hotel where Mick used to go in the seventies. (I even have a picture of Jagger leaving this hotel) Oscal Wilde lived (and died) in this hotel too.

Date: April 13, 2006 14:33

Hi Mitch, what's the name of this little Hotel at Rue des Beaux-Arts in St Germain des Pres? And what's the price? If Jagger stayed there, I guess it's pretty expensive ... Thanks from Linnerz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home