Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Nagoya report
Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 4, 2006 15:10

The day before the day. I was tired from a long extra travel down to Hirshima. While it might have been nice just to have another day of great cherry blossoms in Tokyo, I really wanted to see this city with such a special place in history. And it was all worth the travel.

So I arrived into Nagoya from the south this afternoon. Pretty tired. Looking for a place with Kirin beer. And food. Found a small place nearby. Got my Udin noudles and extras. Then we started to talk, even if the host and his assistant did not speak English really. I told them I was going to the Nagoya Dome tomorrow. For the Stones. Then the assistant is shaking my hand. He is a big Stones fan! With a ticket to the Nagoya show tomorrow! He is turning on his laptop and is showing me his screen saver. The new Stones tongue! He saw them two times in 1995 at the Tokyo Dome. Such a small world, with Stones fans any place you walk really. I think the show tomorrow will be great!

My new friend wants to hear "You Got Me Rocking" tomorrow. And so do I!

Bjornulf

Re: Nagoya report
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 4, 2006 15:57

Must admit i had a e-mail from the stones store advertising the new t-shirt and i must admit i quite liked it, but i dont think theres much chance of obtaining one from the uk.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: April 4, 2006 15:59

I bet when you told him you were the almighty Bjornulf he was shocked!!

Anyway, have fun.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 4, 2006 15:59

BV, you should work on your diary. Think of it. Should overclass STP !!!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: April 4, 2006 16:03

I was thinking, Bjornulf could release a book. Like an autobiography. I bet he's got loads of interessting stories about the Stones and the places he travels to to see them.

Date: April 4, 2006 16:09

I opened IE Explorer on his PC and then went to IORR.org. It took a while until he realized the substance but then the manager took a picture of us so I think he realized we were both in Stonesland. And when I showded him the setlists from Tokyo Dome 1995 on IORR then we were talking. Always great fun to meet new friends!

Bjornulf

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 4, 2006 16:46

I was not planning to attend Nagoya, but lo and behold, before I could stop my itchy fingers, I had purchased one Golden Circle ticket on Yahoo auctions, booked a hotel in Nagoya, and made train reservations. I can't be a 1:40 train ride away from the show and not go.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 4, 2006 17:23

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> My new friend wants to hear "You Got Me Rocking"
> tomorrow. And so do I!
>
>

Why?

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: April 4, 2006 17:36

T&A, probably because bv (a) likes this song a lot (b) wants to see his new friend happy (c) both.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 4, 2006 18:34

if this is a multiple choice, I choose (b)

Date: April 5, 2006 03:12

Sure I love "You Got Me Rocking". And believe me, when the Stones start this song, the crowd just exlode many places, like in Buenos Aires, so I am not the only one to like it. I is as simle as that.

Are there unwritten rules saying certain songs are not to be liked? Well I never live by such rules. I go by my heart.

Bjornulf

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 5, 2006 03:14

I think that T & A, heartless man that he is, goes by his gut.

Date: April 5, 2006 03:53

For passion I go by my heart. When walking streets or finding out what to do next I go by intuition or my nose. With all the strange food I eat I would not trust my gut feeling much, even if it do also work at times.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: April 5, 2006 03:55

bv

how many shows have you seen and starting when?

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: April 5, 2006 04:16

those japanese stonesfans r sometin else , 2morrow should b helluva show , this 1 i hope we get a pro shot video from , btw YGMR ,keith wrote that 1 on the piano, well alright

Date: April 5, 2006 04:17

I go to quite a few shows but if I gave out that number then I am sure some people dressed in white would show up and take me away and check out my brain because I know it is not really normal. Also many people say how can you afford it and all that stuff so that's about it. My first show was at the Phoenix club in Toronto for this tour (not counting the three songs they did in NYC May 10 also great of course), and my first ever Stones show was at the Scandinavium ice rink hall in 1973. Every time they perform live and I can't be there I feel pain so I am sure there is a name for this.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 5, 2006 05:47

Allright Bjornulf!
Do you already like 'Nato' with raw egg? Once you're into that, you're assimilated. Here's how you say: "You're my friend'
Watashi no tomodachi desu.
( Don't pronounce the last "u" )
And try all the food ofcourse. It's great.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 5, 2006 08:06

A local TV station, Mie-TV, is going to give away excellent tickets for free before the show starts.
Come over the place in front of the super market JUSCO or AEON next to Nagoya Dome if you can.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-05 08:52 by Toru A.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: April 5, 2006 11:13

I have to agree with BV about Hiroshima. The last time I was in Japan I made the extra effort to go see this very special but sad city. It hit me very strong emotionally to see the extreme damage that was done to people and property (and, of course, the museum exhibits are very powerful also). If more people went to Hiroshima maybe they would not think so casually about war.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 5, 2006 13:16

Any underhand reports? Or setlist ready?

Date: April 5, 2006 13:49

Baboon, it's 7:45 here now. So another 15 to 30 minutes to go.
Hey, you know what? This summer I'm going to see 'em in Amsterdam as well. I just couldn't resist.

Date: April 5, 2006 13:54

Glad for ya! Thank ya for time info, Whale.

Date: April 5, 2006 15:28

Not a sound from inside the venue, Whale... ?

Date: April 5, 2006 15:29

No, I'm not inside Baboon. I'm in Sapporo. That's a 1000 km from Nagoya.

Date: April 5, 2006 15:32

I reckoned; just thought ya had some pals inside... smiling smiley
(ya wouldnt be able to post here 10-15 minutes before concert start
if ya were inside, right?!grinning smiley)

Posted by: masatoshi ()
Date: April 5, 2006 15:34

Bjornulf

Are you enjoying stay in Japan?
When I sent you my reiview about first gig in Tokyo Dome, I was insturcted from you to write my opinion about Stone tikcet price in "Tell me" corner.
Although at that time I was disappointed that my review was not listed in your "concert review", now I am enjoying this "tell me" .
Nagoya is famous industrial area where Toyota is located.
Therefore the city is in good economical situation and booming in a sense.
A lot of Nagoya people must have enough money to buy stones ticket.
The ticket of stones, however, seems to be not sold well based on Toru's inforamtion.
People used to say that there is industry,but no culture in this area.
I understand the phrase is still alive to know stones free ticket are delivered.
Furthermore People used to also say that the poeple in Nagoya is stingy.
Free ticket means that this theory is also alive.
Anyway, enjoy Nagoya and fried shrimp, kishimen and miso-katsu!
Have a good journey.

Masatoshi

Date: April 5, 2006 15:37

Well, if I was a hip guy with one of these internet enabled mp3-playing telephone cameras, they sell here, and I would've been in there too, then I would have posted. But hey, I'm just a fool who isn't there when it's happening. And who doesn't even have a mobile phone. I only have the time on my computer. Maybe I should be off to the bar.

Date: April 5, 2006 15:55

Yeah, go to the bar! Why the hell not?
Oh, man, no mobile/cell! T h a t ' s Stone Age winking smiley

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: April 5, 2006 15:57

Masatoshi,

Thanks for the local report, I enjoyed it. I hope to see more posts from you in the future.

Date: April 5, 2006 16:08

Just posted at rs dot com

JJ Flash
It's Only Rock And Roll
She's So Cold
On No Not You Again
Ruby Tuesday
Rain Fall Down
You Got Me Rocking
Gimmie Shelter
Tumblin' Dice
This Place Is Empty
Happy
Miss You
Rough Justice
Get Off My Cloud
Honky Tonk Woman
Sympathy
Paint It Black
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction

So Björnulf & the hotel dude did get to hear You Got Me Rocking... smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-05 16:09 by Baboon Bro.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home