Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

question about WARSAW
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 2, 2006 06:07

i'm looking to book a hotel there for the show and found one in bemowo (where the show is, right?) - is it easy to get to the venue from the central part of the city? are there trains or busses? i can't find maps with distances listed. thanks!

Re: question about WARSAW
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 2, 2006 06:10

Little Queenie, stay at the Orbis Hotel, that's where they stayed in the sixties. And do keep in touch :-)

Date: April 2, 2006 06:18

hmmmm...i'll check it out - and you're the one who owes me an email! didn't you get my last one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-02 06:19 by little queenie.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: April 2, 2006 09:12

Little Queenie, go on www.tripadvisor.com and type in Warsaw and find a hotel in your price range in the CENTER OF TOWN. Don't stay out in the boondocks/the sticks. There's tons of bars, clubs, everything to hang out at. They'll be plenty of transportation and the Polish people are really nice and speak a lot of English. That's what i would do. There's also tons of reviews by guests on Tripadvisor. A good way to find ALL your hotels.....

Date: April 2, 2006 09:52

ok - i think you're right. i'm there for such a short time between shows that i should make sure i immerse myself in it as much as possible. thanks.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 2, 2006 10:31

i think the Europejski is the hotel the Stones stayed at in 67 - but it seems to be closed at the moment.
there are lots of decent hotels in the centre of town, though.

Date: April 2, 2006 10:59

Here are some good links :

[www.warsawshotel.com]

[www.warsaw-apartments.net]

[www.pht.pl]

[www.orbis.pl] ( : these days owned by Accor-group )

[www.campanile.com.pl]

Maps of buses, trams and metro : [www.ztm.waw.pl]

Transport prices in English : [www.ztm.waw.pl]

This English-language weekly may also be helpful :
[www.warsawvoice.pl]

And the this important from Warsaw Airportabout taxis :
Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport recommends the services of three taxi companies, namely:
Merc Taxi, phone: +48 (22) 677 77 77
MPT Radio Taxi, phone: +48 (22) 9191
Sawa Taxi, phone: +48 (22) 644 44 44

Mindful of your safety, we advise you against using unlicensed taxi carriers which offer their services in the Arrivals Hall of Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport.

Date: April 2, 2006 11:14

Additional remark : If you open this link [www.pht.pl] then please only book Hotel Reytan. The other two are situated on the right bank of the river Wisla / Vistula. Not a complete safe area ( if you don't know Warsaw well ).

Date: April 2, 2006 11:16

oh yeah - always phone for taxis in warsaw.
not just from the airport/train stations ...

Date: April 2, 2006 11:23

thanks for all that information! it will come in handy. do the taxis you hail off the street (nonstations?). i ended up getting a reservation at a funky sounding place for cheap: Czarny Kot.

Date: April 2, 2006 11:30

Congrats little queenie : The "Black Cat" seems ok. Not far from the concert. And no : You do NOT hail any taxi anywhere. You phone. But buses, trams and metro are reliable and quite good in Warsaw. No need to worry about getting to the concert and back this way.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 2, 2006 11:36

I can only add that it takes 20 minutes from the city center to the concert venue by tram.

Date: April 2, 2006 12:08

>> You do NOT hail any taxi anywhere. You phone. <<

right, and that includes: don't get them at taxi stands either. phone.

Date: April 2, 2006 12:43

great! are people meeting anywhere before the show? where do you think the stones will stay?

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 2, 2006 13:14

When they played in Chorzow in 1998 they stayed in Bristol Hotel in Warsaw so they might this time. But they might not stay in Warsaw at all just fly in for the concert and then get back to the place they are staying in another country.

Posted by: sater ()
Date: April 2, 2006 14:22

they will probably stay in vienna for 15-20 06 2006 and just fly to Brno and #$#$%% warsaw for concert and back to vienna just after the show,

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: April 2, 2006 15:13

in 1967 they stayed i EUROPEJSKI HOTEL. i think this time they'll just fly to Warsaw before the show

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home