Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger Documentary 9:00 PM EST 3/31
Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: March 31, 2006 21:24

Being Mick Jagger. I think this came out on DVD. I think these were the Goddess In the Doorway days. Not sure. Anyhow A&E premiere 9:00 tonight New York time.

Re: Mick Jagger Documentary 9:00 PM EST 3/31
Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: March 31, 2006 22:17

thanks - I checked listing and it is on 9pm west coast time also

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 31, 2006 22:21

I've seen it before in UK. It's really good. Enjoy!

Date: March 31, 2006 22:27

Jagger50 tell me a little about it. I dont know if I should get excited and try to get some of my buddies around the TV to watch it. Thanks. Tom

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: March 31, 2006 22:48

Wonder if they will show any of the live video from the "GOLDEN" era
1969 - 1975 ??

MLC

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: April 1, 2006 00:11

I don't know if it's a 'buddies' type of show. It's a reality show in a way, but not funny like the osbournes or jessica simpson. It's just him traveling aruond recording his solo album. I love to watch it but I doubt it's something some of my friends would want to devote 2 hrs to.

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: April 1, 2006 00:36

I am going to TVO it. Already have it programed.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 1, 2006 01:43

A & E which is the network that's showing the Jagger documentary is in business with Mick..........he's producing a series of documentaries on the A & E network about various famous people and what it's like being followed and watched by the media and how it relates to what they do etc........the series is kicking off at 9:00 PM in the USA (eastern time) with Mick

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 1, 2006 06:17

I thank you for telling us it was on tonight! I checked my listings for A&E and it said Kurt Russell was on at 9pm but I watched just in case and sure enough, the newspaper was WRONG! I'd seen it when it first came out and loved it and taped it back 3 years ago but why was this version only one hour? Is there a Part Two? I noticed they cut out a portion with Mick and then-wife Jerry in a car and she was whining about being filmed with her make-up of; it was quite ghastly!Rather, SHE looked ghastly in plain face!! Maybe L'Wren made Mick edit that out! If I were the new flame of Mick, I would have insisted that part be left IN!! TOO FUNNY!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 1, 2006 06:20

The documentary was cut/edited to fill the 1 hour time slot.

Date: April 1, 2006 09:10

Hey no problem I'm glad I got to watch it. Sadly I had a couple buddies gather round me and jumpinggreg was right. My buddies were ripping Jagger. Saying how Jagger was pompous, hard to understand, and couldnt understand why he sang so poorly in the studio cuts.
Anyhow I enjoyed parts of it. Seeing Mick with Elton, Wycleaf, and most especially with Bono is very cool. The college folks I watched it with like those parts. Overall though I think the quality of the Documentary is not really presentable. However, I still enjoyed it and glad the boys never went solo!! Hail to the Stones!!!

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: April 1, 2006 10:17

The Ronnie Wood Doc shat all over Jagger's

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: April 1, 2006 21:16

I liked it but I thought it was pretty chopped up. Seeing the post above that this was originally 2 hrs makes sense. For those who haven't seen it really is about "Being Mick" during the making of Goddess. Over half is writing/recording Goddess songs including collaberating with Bono, Townshend, Kravitz and Wycleaf.
Other parts is Mick at home,socializing with London celebs and traveling. They shows very briefly about him producing movies and having a world premier showing. I don't know anything about that; must not have been a hit. Good scenes with MJ and kids. Enough to get me to dig out Goddess and give it another listen.

Date: April 1, 2006 22:44

The World Premier was for the war movie ENIGMA that Mick directed a few years back and it got some very good reviews from the critics ; the movie is about a device that cracked the Nazis' codes so there was a bit of History, which Mick LOVES and a bit of intrigue. I rented the movie and it was really very good, a bit slow in parts, but for that kind of movie, quite good.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 1, 2006 23:02

I like the''Hide away part''.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 1, 2006 23:04

I dont know, I just didnt like it that much. but thats just me. It was "weak". It needs more "action".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-02 05:05 by ryanpow.

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: April 1, 2006 23:36

Debra did Mick really direct Enigma ??.

I enjoyed it and had no idea He had any thing to do with it.

Well done MJ

Date: April 2, 2006 18:55

Yes Maxx, Mick did direct it and at the time I recall seeing a show about Mick behind the camera directing Kate Winslet, a friend of his. Mick owns a film company, Jagged Films I think it's called. I expect because he loves History so much, he's do another film in the near future; at least he has alot to keep him occupied for those times when the Stones aren't on tour. He even says that in BEING MICK; I think he was talking about Keith when he implied that The Rolling Stones may be the ONLY passion for SOME people, but he has alot of other things he loves doing in addition to being a Rolling Stone.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: April 2, 2006 19:43

Mick produced Engima.

[imdb.com]

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 2, 2006 20:18

I live right next door to the studios where Mick worked on the film. It felt really weird he was only spitting distance from me yet couldn't meet him. That's Elstree studios, Borehamwood, just 15km from central London. So now you know.
But I have met the muppets. But that don't count. Right!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 2, 2006 21:04

The A&E program was butchered from the original two hour version. Mick's performance with Lenny K. was omitted.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 5, 2006 01:26

If you look up the word tacky in the dictionary, there's a picture of Lenny Kravits' living room.

Date: April 5, 2006 02:18

hahhaha. I actually thought the piano was pretty cool.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home