Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Whitney Houston .ONNYA.
Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: April 1, 2006 21:52

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bit of a sweeping generalisation. Like many others
> on here I actually remarked how tragic the whole
> thing is.

I guess that is what you meant by the post that just said "LOL." I apologize for not reading the full scope of your sentiments into that concise statement.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 1, 2006 22:54

try reading the preceding one. The post that warranted the "LOL" WAS quite funny...

LOL

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 1, 2006 23:00

It sure is not my taste,but I feel bad for this woman..and wish White(ney) luck without white.Its sad B holiday,Esther Phillips,Dinah Washington ect dont forget Mick Taylors nose was gone!!Am I right about this??Stay clean!!

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: April 2, 2006 00:03

maybe they can clone her a nose like in sleeper??

Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: April 2, 2006 01:41

Gazza Wrote:
> The post that warranted the "LOL" WAS quite funny...

Takes all kinds, I guess. "so long as she's havin' a good time...."? I don't really get it, but perhaps you can explain.

Really, though, I don't see why you won't admit to enjoying having a laugh at a celebrity's misfortune. Schadenfreude is a common emotion, nothing to be embarrassed about. Clearly you're not alone in this thread in feeling it.

Just don't bullshit me about The Sun and The National Enquirer being believable. Or by saying that Steven's observations that Whitney Houston looks worse than the pictures indicate and is a reckless driver prove that she is a crackhead.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 2, 2006 02:48

Treesnake2000 Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The post that warranted the "LOL" WAS quite
> funny...
>
> Takes all kinds, I guess. "so long as she's
> havin' a good time...."? I don't really get it,
> but perhaps you can explain.

I dont feel any need to explain to you why I find someone's dismissive remark over some people's hysteria about a celebrity they dont know to be quite funny. But here goes. The 'humour' was in the person's attitude - not the celebrity's misfortune. Geddit?

>
> Really, though, I don't see why you won't admit to
> enjoying having a laugh at a celebrity's
> misfortune. Schadenfreude is a common emotion,
> nothing to be embarrassed about. Clearly you're
> not alone in this thread in feeling it.
>

You seem more obsessed with MY feelings towards her than anyone else's. Which I find somewhat odd. Not that I should care what you think but for the record I dont feel any glee about it at all. I genuinely feel very sorry for her and anyone else in that position. She was a great lookin' woman too and its sad to see her decline like that. A shocking waste. Bad choice of husband - or are you going to shoot me for saying that as well?

> Just don't bullshit me about The Sun and The
> National Enquirer being believable.

They're pond scum, but that doesnt mean that EVERYTHING they write is 100% fiction (I wouldnt actually put The Sun in the same category as the NE - the Uk equivalent to that rag would be the Daily Sport, not The Sun). Why should I even care why you feel 'bullshitted' by me or not? You've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a fĂșck. Why should YOU even care for that matter?

Or by saying
> that Steven's observations that Whitney Houston
> looks worse than the pictures indicate and is a
> reckless driver prove that she is a crackhead.

Are you trying to take the position that she has her life in order and that she's looking healthy?

Read and twist it how you wish, I dont believe I've actually remarked that anything "proves" shes a 'crackhead'. Seriously, how difficult is this for you to grasp? here it is again - Steven isnt a tabloid journalist (not to my knowledge, anyway!) and he described what is a pretty unpleasant close-to-home experience of the mess shes in

However, I'd take someone's first hand experience a bit more seriously than a tabloid journalist or someone sitting behind a computer who doesnt know the woman personally.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-02 02:50 by Gazza.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 2, 2006 06:05

Gazza, I'm with you, you're a cool guy

"If You Can't CRACK Me, Somebody Will"

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: April 3, 2006 04:38

on the topic of crack, check out dave chappelle's crackhead character tyrone biggums. theyre hilarious.

this is tyrone giving a speech for anti drug week

this is tyrone on fear factor with joe rogan

this is different, probably his best skit EVER, the black
white supremacist

Black bush and the IRaki war

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: April 3, 2006 23:34

Look for Whitney Houston's big comeback single, her smokin' cover of "Crackin' Up," to be shooting up the charts any time now.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1677
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home