Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Paris and Lyon 1976
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 2, 2006 17:41

Hello.
I spent Sunday's hangover, with listening to the Paris shows and the Lyon shows from 1976. Just some comments:
Paris, June 4th: Audience recording which is jolly good, but not in the top-league. Nice show.
Paris, June 6th: Great recording, but in mono. It's not perfect, there isn't any real "kick" in the recording.
Paris, June 7th: 1st half in about the same quality as the day before. But from Happy (or was it Tumbling Dice), the quality changes to PERFECT. This part of the show kicks butts! It's more powerful than Love You Live.
Lyon, June 9th: VERY clear sound on the Dogs&Cats release. Just as good as June 6th & 7th (1st half), or perhaps even better.
The thing that drags the Lyon show down a bit, is Jagger's voice. He sounds like he got a real hangover, combined with flu. Just listen to "Hot Stuff"! It remainds me of Johnny Cash (no offense to him). His voice improves at the end of the show, for instance Midnight Rambler is cooking.
All in all, it's pretty rare to have 5 shows in a row (apart from June 5th, which I don't have), in that great quality, from the 70s.
Even though the quality is good, it's only the 2nd half of June 7th that really smokes in terms of soundquality.
The performance is also very similiar, they're really playing great, much better than for instance London 1976. Too bad about Jagger's bad voice in Lyon though. I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere, that's odd.
I don't understand why this tour is so unpopular on this board. Sure, it's not Brussels 73, but it's really cool, and much better than Love You Live. The highlights are many, especially Hand Of Fate and Brown Sugar.
Perhaps this was a boring post, but I've got a slight headache.
If somebody got "Vive La France"(VGP), I'd love to hear how it differs from "Down and Out in Paris" (which I've got).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-02 18:18 by Erik_Snow.

Re: Paris and Lyon 1976
Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 2, 2006 18:04

Not boring at all. I did not attend the Lyon show, but the 4 Parisians. Do you remember which concert was filmed by someone, at the time a pure Stone Fan, named Freddy Hauser and broadcasted on the French TV ? . The shows were of high quality. I got a bootleg : Stones at The Abattoirs.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: April 2, 2006 18:07

Freddy Hauser filmed the 4 shows and the French TV broadcasted songs of these 4 shows.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: April 2, 2006 18:16

Unfortunately the DAC release of Lyon is only mono (but excellent) while the older VGP release was stereo (but only good-very good). An excellent stereo version has still to appear...

Paris June 5 is available on "Les Rolling Stones Aux Abattoirs" (VGP-241). It's an average audience recording comparable to June 4 ("Allright Charlie Watts" on DWP).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-02 18:20 by midnrambler.

Date: April 2, 2006 18:20

stonefan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Freddy Hauser filmed the 4 shows and the French TV
> broadcasted songs of these 4 shows.

...apart from the June 5th show. A few songs is included on Love You Live, but no footage exists.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 2, 2006 18:23

Thanks.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 2, 2006 18:36

Great post!!I like this kind of post. There seem to be fans,that doesnt like the wild chaos Stones, and want them to be a band without faults,To be honest they were better way back in 75,76 Im glad things changed in the band,causeyou cant live like that forever!!!

Date: April 2, 2006 18:41

And the Paris 76 video is very good.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: April 2, 2006 18:42

> If somebody got "Vive La France"(VGP), I'd love to hear how it differs from "Down and Out in Paris" (which I've got).

It's the same (minus the bonus tracks). Probably they copied "Down And Out..."

Date: April 2, 2006 19:30

rooster Wrote:
> And the Paris 76 video is very good.

Yes it is Rooster! The only thing that could have been better, is that they should have included more talking between the tracks, so you got a better atmosphere. Otherwise, it's really great. I'm always surprised how good Wood played at that time, especially the high notes on Hand Of Fate, Hey Negrita and IYCRM.

Date: April 2, 2006 19:39

Robin Trower band and the Meters were the support bands pretty good the both of them.Cheers Erik.

Date: April 2, 2006 19:43

Is LA 75 the only video of the tour?I think NYC does exist!!!

Date: April 2, 2006 19:47

I haven't of New York 1975..... But 40 minutes from Chicago exists, both from 1975 and 1978. Bad quality though, I never bothered to get them.

Date: April 2, 2006 19:50

I would get them if I could.

Date: April 2, 2006 19:53

But I have to buy them, and they're pretty expensive.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: April 2, 2006 20:50

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> I haven't of New York 1975..... But 40 minutes
> from Chicago exists, both from 1975 and 1978. Bad
> quality though, I never bothered to get them.

Chicago, is that the one on super 8 with an edited @#$%& ?Does anyone have anything from 1975-1978 that hasne been released as LA FORUM, Paris and Fortworth

Date: April 4, 2006 00:09

There must be some loose TV-broadcasts fluttering around. Didn't some people have video-machines in 75? I know they did in 78..... We should had a list of live-video-songs from 75-79, apart from the "famous" DVDs.

Date: April 4, 2006 00:16

Yeah!!!

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: April 4, 2006 00:19

Talking about Paris' concerts, is there a boot version of the first concert at Longchamp June 30 1995?

Date: April 4, 2006 00:21

Comeback To Paris
or
Storm At Longchamps.
One of them, can't remember which. VGP. Good quality.

Date: April 4, 2006 00:22

rooster Wrote:
> Yeah!!!

Ha! That was a cool post, Rooster!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1627
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home