Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: new dixie chick single
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 27, 2006 04:33

dixiechicks.com and it immediately starts playing and shows the lyrics for the single Not Ready To Make Nice...
from new studio album produced by rick rubin.

Re: OT: new dixie chick single
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 27, 2006 07:08

WOW......what a beautiful single.........if the rest of the album is anywhere close to that they've got a monster............Rick Rubin is the man.........love me those Dixie Chicks

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 27, 2006 07:28

About time we had something new, they copped a lot of flack from their stance against the war. They've been proved right

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 27, 2006 10:55

i was at the March '03 concert, at a packed Shepherds Bush Empire, when
Natalie Maines, made her incendary comments. Never though the fallout would be so huge.
Also saw them at The Royal Albert Hall, in September of that year.
The sound system packed-up at the beginning of the show- the crowd were furious, a middle aged guy had to be restrained by a security-knucklehead, and before you knew it, a full scale fist-fight was taking place!! He was eventually bundled out by half a dozen security.

What is it with Dixie Chick gigs?!!

Date: March 27, 2006 17:12

Rip This Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WOW......what a beautiful single.........if the
> rest of the album is anywhere close to that
> they've got a monster............Rick Rubin is the
> man.........love me those Dixie Chicks

i liked it too; all stripped down; rubin described it casually to someone as kinda petty/byrds rock/country elements...

i really like that you can't "hear" the production, ya know?
cause it's seems everything is just outfront and spare and unEffected and unAffected... but recorded and mixed really well.

interesting band playing with them in the studio also.

plus it's such a statement of strength and passion and vulnerability all at the same time; level headed and pissed...
all songs written by the chicks...or co-written.
i've only heard that single from the site tho.

it's amazing they survived this...death threats, blacklisting, totally wiped off of american radio overnight...where they were everywhere all the time...
and always refreshing...
bringing "dixie-chicked" into the lexicon defining being functinally Katrina-ed, erased and shunned ala artuhur miller's crucible...a lot of people wanted to go all the way to the end of the play and hang them... as the fascistic theocracy paradigm flexes their mighty indignation thru media and mind control.
hard to get more neocon funded than clear channe's country outlets.

their whole career has been amazing;
the biggest selling country/pop crossover act...play their own instruments...
sing great...smart and tough and fun...did the lilith fair tour...
two albums out... each like platinum x 6 or more... and i don't even think that's worldwide figures... this is the third...

funny thing is, country radio needs them desperately...this, according to many of the program directors themselves...
they still sell out HUGE concert venues anytime they tour...bush is a hundred times the disaster that natalie's short little mannered comments alluded to, in the first place.
and despite all the hype and some great artists...country music sales were down 10% last year... and too much of it is lame corporate papay pop; a shame cause a lot of great stuff always out there and coming up but the playlist and demographic is narrow and stupid and uncreative...totally wimped.
...tho there are great players and artists in deserved popularity also...

chicks say they feel more comfortable and suported by elements in the rock community, tho they would sound great on country or pop radio if the stations were smart, or in the end, greedy enough, to kind of 'see the light'... money changes everything.

they'd have to eat some crow tho...even if nothing was said by the deejays and they just played it...

a really tragic and scary thing happened to see that band just villified, and attacked and blown up like that...3 girls singing songs...

one comment about she wasn't proud bush was from texas...(he's from connecticut with a fake tv set ranch) ...
maybe she was sad to see the coming quagmire of carpet bombing civilians for a few mega corporate players...and years of hopeless confusion and lies afterward...

all that depleted uranium in munitions? iraq is america's nuclear waste dump...as well as trillions for the bandits...

these are not natalie maine's public obervations or claims; they are mine.

maybe she'd agree; maybe not...but that's what's happened..is happening...

maybe she shows the best of a young american with ethics and intelligence and success and power and heart all at the same time...and two tons of talent.

the same people who own the radio stations, "news" organizations and record companies by the way...are the big political players that did this.

they tried to crucify these girls.
haven't heard anything off the album other than the single on their site.
sorry for the rant. glad they're back.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 27, 2006 17:17

I love seeing them get so much attention for their Anti-War comments (and being right). I went to HS with Natalie Mains (Lubbock High...home of Buddy Holly), so it's good to see an acquaintance out there using her stage for something good.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 27, 2006 17:18

The chord progressions are very standard.. it's really awful in the first verse.. I'd almost turned it off but after that it's pretty cool. A little too poppy for me, though. I'll go crawl under my big 'ol rock and listen to Robert Johnson again.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: March 27, 2006 17:22

His producing of the new Neil Daimond album is great too.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 27, 2006 17:26

'The chord progressions are very standard'...... gimme a break!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 27, 2006 17:49

ablett Wrote:
> 'The chord progressions are very standard'......
> gimme a break!

No really!! I mean this is the same melody as 5000 other pop songs of the last century.. not very original..

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: March 27, 2006 17:56

I really like the Dixie Chicks. They are very talented performers. It is a bit funny that they would take offense to some of their fan's comments. What about freedom of speech? The Chicks should be free to make their comments, and their fans should also be free to make their feelings known.

Date: March 27, 2006 18:03

........there's always a ney sayer somewhere.......the Dixie Chicks are special...Natalies voice is awesome.........they can play.......they take risks and their music resonates with many people........and Rick Rubin will only make them sound unbeleivable.

Date: March 27, 2006 18:05

they were dumped off the radio and villified in a hate offensive immediately.
before any 'fans' could be manipulated into little groups for media soundbites.
bushco is famous for these hate attack campagins going back decades...

these are mothers getting death threats from the machine...
fans can say whatever...change the station; disagree publically, get pissed...don't buy their product...
but fans DO buy their product...with only two albums they are already among the top 3 or so sellers EVER in the history of 'country' music...

death threats and hugely apparent blacklisting
should offend any freedom loving person...

fans didn't do this... good night and good luck.

Date: March 27, 2006 18:18

The Dixie Chicks have carefully cultivated the country music fan. This group of fans typically have been pro-American and angry about any statement that might be considered anti-American. The Chicks would have received the same "threats" if they had said that NASCAR was a bunch of rednecks making left turns.

When you turn on your demographic group...get ready to get some abuse. Most people were simply wanting to boycott their product...the death threats, which always get the publicity, hardly represent the resentment the Chick's comments caused.

Date: March 27, 2006 18:33

They've been a crossover band for some time now.........especially when Natalie came on board...........they aren't a country band........and if you read the press release on the new album I don't think they'll ever be considered country again after Rick Rubin....they are going after So. California rock which I think is gonna bump them up big time.....does anyone remember their cover of Stevie Nicks...........they blew that apart..........

Date: March 27, 2006 18:41

sdstonesguy Wrote:
> I love seeing them get so much attention for their
> Anti-War comments (and being right). I went to HS
> with Natalie Mains (Lubbock High...home of Buddy
> Holly), so it's good to see an acquaintance out
> there using her stage for something good.

that's purty cool stonesguy...also bobby keys is from lubbock, is he not?

Date: March 27, 2006 18:44

It could be argued that all of the current country music is cross-over...not much Williams, Cash, Owens, or Jones, gets played on the air these days.

Date: March 28, 2006 06:41

Bobby Keys is from Lubbock, but only met him once (met him through Joe Ely). Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Joe Ely, Butch Hancock, Tommy Hancock (no relation), Jesse "Guitar" Taylor (just passed away sadly...one hell of a nice guy), Ponte Bone...and they're all friends of the family.

Other Lubbock notables include Mac Davis & Waylon Jennings...but don't know them at all.

Colin Gilmore (Jimmie's boy) is a hell of a musician as well...I hope everyone who likes that style of music checks him out and/or buys his CD. He really may be the best of the bunch.

Jesse Taylor will forever be missed.

Date: March 28, 2006 06:53

For anyone who knows who Jesse Taylor is...:

[www.virtualubbock.com]

Date: March 28, 2006 08:07

sdstonesguy Wrote:
> Bobby Keys is from Lubbock, but only met him once
> (met him through Joe Ely). Jimmie Dale Gilmore,
> Joe Ely, Butch Hancock, Tommy Hancock (no
> relation), Jesse "Guitar" Taylor (just passed away
> sadly...one hell of a nice guy), Ponte Bone...and
> they're all friends of the family.
>
> Other Lubbock notables include Mac Davis &
> Waylon Jennings...but don't know them at all.
>
> Colin Gilmore (Jimmie's boy) is a hell of a
> musician as well...I hope everyone who likes that
> style of music checks him out and/or buys his CD.
> He really may be the best of the bunch.
>
> Jesse Taylor will forever be missed.

wow thanx for reminding me; i have an excellent double live Joe Ely release from several years ago; he's doin' "Me and Billy the Kid" and a lot of stuff...
just absolutely incredible...really earthy and natural engaging; u austin folks r doin' things right for a long time now, eh?

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: March 28, 2006 11:49

She should not have shot her mouth off on foriegn soil about a war her country (and others) are involved with. You wanna complain and bash your American President.....do it at home.
Thats an unwritten rule. She learned it.

I hope their plane gets lost in the Bermuda triangle.

As for what is going on in the middle east.....the verdict is still out. Check out the latest news and the meetings betwen Bin Laden and Saddam. I am surprised the Liberal media printed it. And lets all stop kidding ourselves about Iraq's WMD's. They are safely stashed in Syria.

The US bombing the shit out of Afghanistan an Iraq? When was the last time Al-Quiada was able to carry out a large attack aside from roadside bombs in Iraq? By their own admission, Al-Quida has been pumping money, weapons and personnel into Iraq.....would you rather they be devoting those resources to London, Paris, Madrid

or The States again? War is all hell, and people will die. Al-Quida is islolated and their Holy Soldiers are being captured and thrown into a deep hole that they will never get out of, around the world faster than you think. You don't hear much about the Phillipines and the Islamic movement there anymore do you? Thats because they are now dead. Threat eliminated.

The strategy IS working. Fight them in THEIR own backyard.

If you live in the "west" you are viewed as an "Infidel" you are a target. They declared a Holy War, not the west. This is the modern day crusades, as they have called it.

The facts are that it seems that they are losing the holy war that they started. Too Bad.

As for the Dickhead Chix......it's easy for Natalie to shoot her mouth off....she was not standing in the middle if the body parts, the bodies of the people who had to jump to their death, the airplane parts, the wreckage, fire and run for her life when 2 massive towers came down like I and so many others had to, not too mention the Pentagon and the flight in Pennsylvania. She should be so happy she is a US citizen and is free to speak her mind. Let her shoot her mouth off in one of Muslim nations. They wuold beat her, rape her, torture her, cut her tounge out and throw her in prison, if she survived. She is just a dumb little girl protected from reality because of fame and money.

Let her live somewhere else. She is a spoiled little bratty @#$%&. Her so called reality is much different from ours.

I hope she gets ass cancer and it kills her and her @#$%& bandmates. @#$%& them.

Milo, NYC
With hot guns and cold cold knives (he sure has changed his tune also)

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 28, 2006 12:04

Milo Yammbag Wrote:

>
> I hope she gets ass cancer and it kills her and
> her @#$%& bandmates. @#$%& them.
>

you stay classy there, milo!

Date: March 28, 2006 17:28

"I hope their plane gets lost in the Bermuda triangle."

"I hope she gets ass cancer and it kills her"

It is sad we have to read that on here...or anywhere. Anyone who has lost someone to cancer can relate to how horrible wishes like these are. Since MANY Americans agree with Natalie's sentiments, one can only assume Milo feels this way about many many Americans.

"Check out the latest news and the meetings betwen Bin Laden and Saddam. I am surprised the Liberal media printed it. And lets all stop kidding ourselves about Iraq's WMD's. They are safely stashed in Syria. "

Well, most of us know this is just rubbish. Since the President has come out admitted that there was no link to Bin Laden...I'm guessing Milo thinks the President is a dirty liar too...

In any case...can we avoid wishing death on people here? It is really a horrible thing to say.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 28, 2006 18:39

Milo...take your damn warmongering rantings elsewhere. I am also tired of you trying to solicit sympathy from your horrible experience among the body parts. War is hell, my friend, especially when we bomb innocent people in Iraq who had nothing to do with our Twin Tower wreckage. Nothing....Zip....we just bombed them because our ignorant president had to bomb some Arab nation.

Rant about our country? Hey Milo, I'm on USA soil. I love our country. I am gravely disappointed with our Presidential administration. Call me liberal, please!!!

Date: March 28, 2006 18:48

hi milo;
Why does President Bush focus only on the negative things that happened on Sept. 11, 2001, instead of all the good things that happened in our country that day? :-0

totally disagree with every one of your assessments, in your post here...not your music posts...which i enjoy...
frankly, they sound like a collection of hysterical reactionary talking points that have been implanted by what you believe to be the "news" services...

stuff that even republicans and conservatives don't much buy anymore...
but there's a lot of post traumatic stress out there...
this unlawful administration has done a lot of damage domestically and internationally...but they are much enriched and so it goes...

could argue them point by point very easily...and i'm sure you would hold fast to your beliefs, regardless, which are you are of course entitled to...

but be that as it may... everybody gets a say... you had yours.

just suggesting that that kind of anger and ugliness, even viciousness, tho i understand the emotion, will probably come back at you inside of yourself...
it's kind of brutalizing yourself, and fellow inhabitants to have that inside you and project out like that i think.

and i wish you peace of mind and heart, regardless of your opinions...

i don't think you're doing your own health of spirit or body any good by projecting that degree of awful viciousness...that stuff hangs around inside you and turns on you eventually, i think... right or left etc...repub dem or whatever...

and i would rather you be well and happily posting...honestly.
that was some really ugly stuff there...

their tour will sell out; their record will go multiple platinum...
better calm down now so u can get thru the year with some peace of heart.

Date: March 28, 2006 18:56

"And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over"

NOT READY TO MAKE NICE
by Natalie Maines, Martie Maguire, Emily Robison & Dan Wilson

Forgive, sounds good
Forget, I’m not sure I could
They say time heals everything
But I’m still waiting

I’m through with doubt
There’s nothing left for me to figure out
I’ve paid a price
And I’ll keep paying

I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

I know you said
Can’t you just get over it
It turned my whole world around
And I kind of like it

I made my bed and I sleep like a baby
With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’
It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

‘Cause I’m mad as hell

‘Cause I’m mad as hell

Forgive, sounds good
Forget, I’m not sure I could
They say time heals everything
But I’m still waiting

Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: March 28, 2006 19:16

Milo Yammbag Wrote:
> she was not
> standing in the middle if the body parts, the
> bodies of the people who had to jump to their
> death, the airplane parts, the wreckage, fire and
> run for her life when 2 massive towers came down
> like I and so many others had to

Milo, STFU. I agree with Lukester: by constantly playing up the fact that you were in N.Y.C. at the time of the attacks (in some vague civil service job that you have yet to define specifically) and talking about how terrible it was to witness them, you demean and disrespect the people who died there. Not forgetting 9/11 is about THEIR memories, not YOURS. Your exploitation of the REAL victims of the attacks makes me fcuking SICK.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 28, 2006 19:31

Hello my reptilian tree dwelling friend,
I too read some of Milo's earlier rantings in which he seemed to exploit the suffering of others, and of the Nation as a whole, to somehow add credibility to his personal views and opinions. It sickened me, too.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1579
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home