Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: just boring--all the moaning of "Stones-set list"!
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 25, 2006 02:32

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>If you really want changes then you
> must be able to tell what should be taken out.
> Five songs out of seven...

i don't buy the miss you/honky tonk women timing thing. I understand the role they play in the show and don't scream what a shame! music first! but they are not unreplaceable. All you need is two groovy songs with some room for jamming as the stage moves. What about getting back Dance from forty licks tour (it worked great as the funky number) and, let's say alternate HTW with TD?
To be a dreamer I would suggest Emotional Rescue (a forty lick) on and off with Miss you.

BS, Satisfaction, JJF, SMU but also YCAGWYW, SFTD and IORR are the "crowd pleasers" all I can think of is add some more to this list > like SFM then take some songs played often but not so regularly like PIB, LSTNT, WH, Angie, RT and 19th NB then split bunch of hits in 2 and play each on and off.

You will have a setlist full of crowd pleasers and yet there would be almost 2/3 of the show for new songs and, as pointed out, not obscurities, just album songs more or less played.

I don't think they can play 25 songs. I've just witnessed a good lou reed concert of 1h30 and he does not move at all. Mick is mick and he is 62 you can't ask for a 2h30 show now, at least if you want a stones concert.

So, more warhorses but rotated and, i would say, less "obscurities" played once in a tour and more things like sway or atgb or goomc, that is songs not played much in their carrer but played regularly.

In a way it is completely the opposite to what they 're doing now because I suggest to fix fewer strange numbers and rotate more warhorses. But I think Gazza is right when he says that it will be a very small change to turn an always f great shoe into an utter blast

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2404
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home