Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT Chat area for IORR
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 24, 2006 03:52

There are already three IORR forum areas and too many to moderate. There will not be any more. I don't have time to babysit any more areas.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 24, 2006 03:55

open-g Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> c'mon ryanpow, don't you have one of those modern
> multitask pesonal computers with windows 3.11 ?
> they're cool, you can browse the web and
> simultaneously listen to your mp3 music.
>
> you can even skip a song if you don't like it at
> the moment.^^

I do do that. but, actually not at the moment because my laptop is broken, need to send it to the manufacturer. but the idea i have Is so that everyone can listen to the same song. It would be a shared experience. Plus, it would appease people who dont like OT threads because it would promote discussions of the song thats playing.. I think this is a good idea. Its a Win-Win situation.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 24, 2006 04:10

Great idea, Miss U. (you pretty thing!). I have several other favorite boards (one about the Georgia Bulldog football team, for example) that have similar OT boards. It works great. I for one don't care to discuss politics with others on here. BTW, I love talking politics, but not here! However, the great Oz has spoken:

There are already three IORR forum areas and too many to moderate. There will not be any more. I don't have time to babysit any more areas.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 24, 2006 04:35

Wait a second, I think Bjornulf is a 100% correct. There's no reason for him to work any harder - we're all adults, not big cry babies. Are people forgetting. This is a Rolling Stones site. What do the Rolling Stones stand for? Not uptight, middle of the road, baby behavior. This is a band that was considered pretty Radical in the 60's and 70's. The Beatles were safe, The Stones were the rebels. I'm not saying politics should be discussed here but look at how political the band (especially Jagger) is. Examples: SWEET NEOCON, BLINDED BY RAINBOWS, HIGH WIRE, SWEET BLACK ANGEL (about radical Angela Davis), MUST BE HELL, ROCK AND A HARD PLACE, FINGERPRINT FILE (supposedly inspired by the spying the FBI was doing on John Lennon, the USA trying to deport him, etc), SALT OF THE EARTH (a few lines at least), STREET FIGHTING MAN, GIMME SHELTER, SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL, YCAGWYW, , UNDERCOVER, some songs on Micks solo albums. These are just off the top of my head so I'm sure I've missed some. The Stones have always been somewhat of a political band. I mean they aren't RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE but there's plenty of songs on the CD's...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1381
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home