Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The post 2006 Stones?
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 23, 2006 21:01

the real question: What will happen to us post stones?

i'll cry . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-23 21:01 by nikkibong.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 23, 2006 21:09

pussy.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 23, 2006 21:11

Now I am no longer the biggest pussy on this thread. I may have worn my heart on my sleeve, but at least I didn't say anything about crying! smiling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 23, 2006 21:23

Mostley they all end in Las Vegas (but that won't happen, I hope)

Or the last concert (Ireland) will be broadcasted around the world ( with 1.000.000.000 viewers) and then they stop.

Or they will do a real Acoustic performance in a studio with 200 guest (Iám one of them ofcours) end then they stop.

Or they just continue, new record and shows.

But to be true, I don't mind, I start listen to them form 1968 and started collecting records from 1970, so I don't have any complaints.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 23, 2006 21:35

nikkibong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the real question: What will happen to us post
> stones?
>
> i'll cry . . .
>
>
>
> Edited 1 times. Last edit at 03/23/06 21:01 by
> nikkibong.

Is this the post of the day or the pussy of the day?????

LOL!!!!!!!

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: March 23, 2006 21:41

I think we can take every year with the Stones as a bonus from now on. One day in the future they have to stop. Then it`s up to us to keep them into or hearts and I think that`s an easy challenge.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 24, 2006 01:28

T&A Wrote:
> pussy.

at least I won't be "out of tears"!!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 24, 2006 02:18

coffins come to mind

Date: March 24, 2006 02:20

3,000,000 cd sales , where on mars

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: March 24, 2006 02:28

I just hope they carry on I like ABB I think it has merit, Laugh I nearly died is such a great track, it proves they still have something, no they are not going to sell like they used too, rock and roll is not the big seller anymore in the US and UK, that does not mean they can't make great music. carry on guys!

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 24, 2006 02:58

ABB will end it's run selling anywhere from 3-3.5 million copies worldwide. It hit #1 on the global and Euro charts. As well as many indivual countries.

ABB is the highest grossing tour ever.

There is still life to this band.

A Stones/Rick Rubin record would be the way to go in 2007-2008

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: March 24, 2006 03:05

OPEN THE VAULTS!!!!

Date: March 24, 2006 05:06

mttlacroix Wrote:
> OPEN THE VAULTS!!!!

soon baby soon, i can feel it coming, where else can they go,
i would rather they retire now and open the vaults already

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 24, 2006 08:25

Thankfully over 3,000,000 people world wide that bought ABB and all the ticket buyers would rather not have the Stones retire! Only their longevity curses them now with some fans when a CD that charts #1 globally is seen as a commercial failure, and reason that they should retire! How many are thanklful that John Lee Hooker worked until he died? How many screaming for the vaults think BB King shoud put Lucille down and not play again? Why not honor the Stones with same respect, after all Kieth has said over and over he wants to play until he drops.

And whether it is the money or the adrenaline, why not let the guys that we have followed for over four decades now continue to do what they obviously enjoy? Ther is no money that Cohl could find them that would make Charlie, Keith Ronnie, or even MJ carry on with something they are not having fun doing. I think that escapes us many times, some people want these men to retire and what, fade away? Ronnie is not even 60, I hope no one wants to put me out to pasture at that age( LOL ok maybe put me out for stud service ).

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 24, 2006 09:31

kahoosier Wrote:
> Thankfully over 3,000,000 people world wide that
> bought ABB and all the ticket buyers would rather
> not have the Stones retire! Only their longevity
> curses them now with some fans when a CD that
> charts #1 globally is seen as a commercial
> failure, and reason that they should retire! How
> many are thanklful that John Lee Hooker worked
> until he died? How many screaming for the vaults
> think BB King shoud put Lucille down and not play
> again? Why not honor the Stones with same respect,
> after all Kieth has said over and over he wants to
> play until he drops.
>
> And whether it is the money or the adrenaline, why
> not let the guys that we have followed for over
> four decades now continue to do what they
> obviously enjoy? Ther is no money that Cohl could
> find them that would make Charlie, Keith Ronnie,
> or even MJ carry on with something they are not
> having fun doing. I think that escapes us many
> times, some people want these men to retire and
> what, fade away? Ronnie is not even 60, I hope no
> one wants to put me out to pasture at that age(
> LOL ok maybe put me out for stud service ).

Well said that man. Yeah, what is all this ageist shit flying around ? The place I'd expect to find ageism alive and well is on rock n' roll band fan club discussion board. If any of you out there have got a hangup about age, then YOU bloody well cop out and retire, just don't ask the Stones to fade away when it's abundantly obvious that they neither do THEY wish retirement upon themselves, nor do mllions of their fans wish it upon them ?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 24, 2006 23:37

I think it would be cool if in the future they would do gigs where they would just play an entire ablum. and then come back for 15-20 minutes of hits. kind of like what Brian Wilson does with Smile. and in theatres instead of arenas or stadiums. I don't know if its possible with a band as HUGE as them, but maybe? when their OLd? when Their Old? No body will know... that you was a beauty a sweet sweet beauty a sweet sweet beauty but so so cold!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-24 23:48 by ryanpow.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: March 25, 2006 00:09

i agree with paulywaul and kahoosier...

this ageist thing is such BS! keith has said they will play til they drop! and thats what i expect will happen.... they are going to keep going.. and i expect that until Mick and Keith are no longer able to play the Stones will continue to play...

as far as a new album. i think that the best guess is that a bigger bang will be the last album for a few years.. mick in particular has to be discouraged by his last solo album and a bigger bang... there may not be any more new rolling stones album..

the stones are writing a script of sorts... sure, chuck berry still plays but we are talking club shows.. no band their age with so many original band members has kept going for so long at such a high level.... i mean they were the number one grossing band in america last year.. can they continue to do that... or will they have to adjust and do something differnet? are they capable of touring if its not these huge mega tours? i have my doubts..

the script is yet to be written... i am discouraged however as far as anticipating more new music... i think they gave it a good shot on a bigger bang and while there are some great songs on it i think overall they did not accomplish their objective (and their objective had to be an album like some girls or tattoo you in terms of impact)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 25, 2006 01:40

As much as I enjoy seeing them (no, really! I do!) I'd like to see an entire about turn in their attitude to their art like other artists of similar (or almost similar) vintage a la Dylan, Springsteen, Young etc

My greatest wish is for them to tour in a way similar to the way Dylan or The Dead do it, but obviously at a pace that suits them. Go out on the road, say, every quarter of the year and tour for about a month or so (maybe 15-18 shows). Doing that 3-4 times a year you get maybe 50-70 shows in all, but they're doing so at a pace that keeps them focussed and interested and which isnt too draining and leaves them plenty of time to rest, do other projects, record or whatever. In the space of 2-3 years they would have played pretty much everywhere there is to play at least once, and obviously if they're playing some American and some European shows EVERY year it gives most people a chance to travel and see them every year, even if its not in their backyard. Ditch the stadium spectacles (been there, done that and wrote the book on it, so nothing to prove to anyone) and play no bigger than arenas (with a few theatres) and rediscover their own rich back catalogue and reinvent themselves as a maturing live act concentrating on the music more than the "highest concert grosses" lists.

In reality, I doubt that'll happen because I think this tour is the start of a long goodbye. Basically, I agree with Logie, Stonestod and (fúck me!) even Ablett on this one.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 25, 2006 01:46

i hear ya, Gazza - but to do that they'd have to check their collective egos at the gate and give up their preoccupation with $$ as a symbol of success...twon't happen, in other woids....

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 25, 2006 08:10

I agree with Gazza about their next album. I'd like to see an artistic project rather than just putting out product.

I am convinced that if the Stones stopped trying to get on MTV (Rain Fall Down etc.) they could turn out another great album or two.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 25, 2006 09:25

I'd love another album with blues and rock produced by Rick Rubin. Do more huge tours. DON'T open any vaults until after they're done, so that we could get a great, complete box set when they finally hang it up in about 20 years time. Make more Four Flicks typed DVDs.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 25, 2006 15:21

I think Keith will play until he drops, but I think Mick will quit when he can no longer do it up to his standard. The decision will be up to him though. Still the best at working a crowd in the world. He no longer jumps, dumps buckets of water, swings on a rope, etc. like previous tours.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 25, 2006 17:12

How about adding a legit lead guitar player?

Date: March 25, 2006 18:40

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> I'd love another album with blues and rock
> produced by Rick Rubin. Do more huge tours. DON'T
> open any vaults until after they're done, so that
> we could get a great, complete box set when they
> finally hang it up in about 20 years time. >
>

that's great for the likes of you kids. but for many of us in 20 years we'll either be dead, deaf or just too damned old to give a shite.

Date: March 25, 2006 18:42

1cdog Wrote:
> How about adding a legit lead guitar player?

Do you have any particular M-an in your your T-houghts?

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 28, 2006 22:50

It's hard to add after such great posts. I have also a serious drawback by not having seen them on this Tour. These moments during which you measure wether the "Chemistry" so often referred to by Keith, is still vivid. These are a highly personnal perception. Nevertheless, I got a benchmark : Charlie pics.
Page 28 of the last issue of IORR was for me a revelator. Charlie has his smile of the Great Days. Sure , foremost and predominantly, medical treatments and supportive familiar inner circle are responsible for his now recovered health. But I do incline to think that a portion is attributable to that "Chemistry".
Same could apply to Mick and Keith.
By and large, ABB is a Stones album. A Piece of Music each Stones fan, whatever their ages, can be proud of. This had not been the case for each product out for the last 20 years.
I happen to meet this past WE, a Brazilian MD who attended the Rio show being in his hometown for the Yearly Fiesta. He described it to me as awesome and magic. As long as The Stones can gather such crowd, there lies their social and cultural ethics.
They have been thru the Non-Profitable Band period, the Corporation period. They have to create the Mutual Fund period. For inforamtion, I have already booked my seats at Wembley II of the 50 Licks Tour.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 28, 2006 22:55

phd Wrote:
> For inforamtion, I
> have already booked my seats at Wembley II of the
> 50 Licks Tour.

That simply isnt going to happen, and you know it.....

theres no chance of that stadium being ready in time for 2012....

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 28, 2006 23:07

So, I will book for Twickenham. Still practise Rugby despite my ...age.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 28, 2006 23:35

StonesTod Wrote:
> 1cdog Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How about adding a legit lead guitar player?
>
>
> Do you have any particular M-an in your your
> T-houghts?

hehe - where you spitting or was it toungue in cheek *ggg*

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: March 29, 2006 00:46

The Stones can keep going. My coach is around fifty and breaks benchpress, deadlift records while traing others young and old. I think they can keep going as long as they are not afraid to change but not as with trends as in the past. Mick is a great business man and can spot trends, but the Stones have surpassed that stage and should continue to evolve as players. I feel Keith Should and always should have written an album or even a few songs with just him and the guitar with maybe ronnie on support and nothing else. IE Hurricane, and Nellcote sessions (I think circa '78) or the voodoo boot Keith Plays his favorite. The Stones should look at Stripped and how simple but brilliant it is ..amazing. ABB is a step in the right direction for sure but keep pushing the "garage band feel" of playing together and writing songs to play live.

Go Dawgs!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home