Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

wedding tips
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 22, 2006 04:38

now, gettng away from this Aussie ticket debacle...
me and my girl are getting married this August, and we are keen to use some Stones songs in the wedding.
Ideas so far include :

Me waiting for her arrival in church : Say You Will - Mick

Leaving the Church - Happy - Bruce Springsteen (from Tracks)

Arrival at function - Mystifies Me - Ronald Wood

First song - Keys To Your Love - Stones

other song ideas :

Finn Brothers - Luckiest Man Alive
Brooks & Dunn-There Ain't Nothing About You
Keef - Happy
Keef - Nearne
ss of You
Sade - By Your Side

anyone got any ideas ?

Also for the tables, instead of telling peeps where to sit, I was thinking of letting people sit where they want, but on certain tables all named after Stones albums.
eg. Bridges to Babylon - Darcy, Troy, Sarah, Rob, Ian, Kylie
Exile on Main Street - Jan, Ben, Tony etc

and so on ..
is this tacky or will it be kinda cool ?

Re: wedding tips
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: March 22, 2006 05:31

Verrrry tacky. But then again, it's your wedding dude, do whatever the f*** you and your girl want, that's the whole point!
Congrats mate.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: March 22, 2006 09:56

drop Harlem Shuffle to get people moving (to the left) on the dancefloor

Date: March 22, 2006 12:52

hahaha
like it

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: March 22, 2006 15:26

Let Me Go

Posted by: Star ()
Date: March 22, 2006 15:42

"Might as well get juiced" or "Under My thumb"...
or even "dear doctor"

ha haa

Posted by: gut ()
Date: March 23, 2006 06:00

Man, its mind-blowingly cool that you are going to have that much Stones at your wedding...your reception ought to be a blast. I'm jealous....I had to hold my own vile down while listening to Bette Midler and Linda Ronstadt at mine...I hate old hag music.

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 23, 2006 08:37

August would be a good time to take a month long trip down the Amazon - solo

Marriage? Just remember MicksBrain's Mantra - "Richard Gere got tired of Cindy Crawford". Just repeat that until you get up, drive to a travel agent, and get that ticket for Brazil/Peru (Amazon trip). Best to just keep things at a GF level IMO.....See, 10 years from now you'll still have all your money (instead of half)...But it's up to you.....Guys ALWAYS do dumb things...

Date: March 23, 2006 10:05

yer but ive been with her for 2o years now ...

gotta do the right thing b4 all the rellos drop off the planet

Date: March 23, 2006 13:44

====Marriage? Just remember MicksBrain's Mantra - "Richard Gere got tired of Cindy Crawford".====

MB, you gotta find the right girl, man. One that will accept our otherwise strange fanatacisim with a 40-something year old British band. Those are hard to find, mind you.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 23, 2006 14:46

Ok, Deathgod, if it's been 20 years and she's still around that's a pretty good sign. After all, by the time we get into our 70's or 80's (who ever makes it to that) we're gonna need someone to change our adult diapers as we lay in an adjustable bed, next to the oxygen tank, drooling and watching our collection of Stones DVD boots on the plasma big screen over and over like some fading Hollywood star watching their old movie's. Now that's good thinking... we all need someone we can LEAN on so if you want to...... If it matters, congrads from me Deathgod.... Have a good time....

gut, well, I have a pretty good GF (and she is a Stones fan, even though Sheryl Crow and U2 are her favs) We were watching the '81 Hampton, Virginia Broadcast Show and she really liked it (but she loves "TATTOO YOU" so it makes sense). We've been together for years BUT, I still think marriage can be very risky...It's the right thing to do if you're gonna have kids but besides that it's up to the individual...I know too many people that have gotten Divorced, that's probably the problem....

Date: March 24, 2006 08:16

====We were watching the '81 Hampton, Virginia Broadcast Show and she really liked it (but she loves "TATTOO YOU" so it makes sense). =======

Well, I can tell I'd like her already, if she's a fan of the favorite year of my life.

Unsolicited GF advice,take it or leave it: If you don't want to get married, for God's sake, don't move in together....Keep your freedom; otherwise shacking up is just another form of getting hitched. I have a friend who is just impossible to remain faithful to his wife...I told him not to give up his freedom but he got hooked on the cooking, cleaning,and sex...but no love at all.

Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: March 24, 2006 10:22

Wedding tips????

As a 31yr veteran of marriage (to the SAME woman) ....my tip is...think long and hard b4 you do it!!!! Kidding of course, congrats!!

SATISFACTION?? And Happy by Bruce? GREAT choice !!!!! Fantastico "unknown" Bruce toon!!

;-))

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 24, 2006 15:23

Wedding tips? DON"T!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 24, 2006 15:47

Never been married so can't give ya any tips ole son........!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 24, 2006 16:10

Congrats Deathgod.

I have question to all married people or who knows:

on which hand do you wear your wedding rings?

My singer is going to get married soon and while getting the rings fitted he was asked that question by the juweller.
Left hand ringfinger is international - right hand german style, he says. WTF is this???

Date: March 24, 2006 17:28

Left Hand, but I very rarely wear mine.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: March 24, 2006 18:32

Happy by Bruce Springsteen is an absolute classic. A beautiful choice.

Have a good one mate!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 24, 2006 18:39

Wedding Tip- Don't do it.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 24, 2006 19:54

Here they are: Time Waits for No One, Waiting on a Friend, The Pain of Love.

Use the Symphonic Version CD of the Stones. That may be a option for the reception.

Mick's Brain mentioned 20 years she has been around so you are older and wiser.

Also, if two people can travel together (Stones Tour's) for a period of time, then they are right for each other. I met a couple from Denmark several years ago and finally realized what they were up to. They went around the world and they did this to know each other. If I find out if they, in fact, did get married, I'll edit this post.

I've never been married and will probably go the Mistress Route or marry someone real young - there is a little bit of Bill Wyman in us all........FM

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 24, 2006 22:38

We had start me up for the introductions. We had blues and exile as our appetizer/dinner music. Also end the night with Memory Motel.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: March 25, 2006 01:47

First dance Wild Horses, second She Was Hot

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: March 25, 2006 03:17

Here is a first dance choice for ya..............Short and Curlies.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 25, 2006 04:31

DeathGod; however u handle the wedding, when it's over later than night, for chrissake remember the logo and

Posted by: Rock'NRollAngel ()
Date: March 25, 2006 22:33

gut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man, its mind-blowingly cool that you are going to
> have that much Stones at your wedding...your
> reception ought to be a blast. I'm jealous....I
> had to hold my own vile down while listening to
> Bette Midler and Linda Ronstadt at mine...I hate
> old hag music.

Married? Bette Midler and Linda Ronstadt? That's what you get for toying with my emotions! winking smiley

In all seriousness...

DeathGod, I apologize if anyone else has said this, but don't forget All Down the Line and JUMP ON TOP OF ME and LOVIN' CUP! The latter two being some of my favorites, both great songs one with a fun, sexual context and the other being very loving and deep. Congratulations on your pending marital bliss if that's what makes you happy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 25, 2006 22:50

Ow yeah Deathgod just remembered that I've been to one wedding were they played Sweethearts Together and it really was the weeper of the evening....grown men were crying in each others arms....

At my niece Ursula's wedding I jummed up with the band and hammered out a fair version of Satisfaction ....did my best Jagger poses...crutch grabbing and all......stopped the show received a standing ovation....!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 25, 2006 22:59

Rockman, do you got that performance on bootleg? smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home