Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Believe it or not, I like the Stones...
Posted by: gut ()
Date: March 22, 2006 01:24

Lets see, today I've been called scum, satan, dumb, a traitor, idiot, hater....and those are just some of the nicer things said about me....

Face it, politics and this forum, don't mix. I don't come here to argue with any of you over the president or politics...I come here for talking about my favorite Rock and Roll band and their music.

If you hate me, fine. But even those who have tied in with me, have found that I have a wicked sense of humor and a true love of the Stones and blues, despite what some find a incongrueous (?) conservative background. On top of that, I'm a fairly nice guy.

So PLEASE......stop poking the "Piss OFF Stick" and leave politics off this forum. I don't want to fight with you anymore than you want to fight with me. Lets get back to what we all love - The Rolling Stones. Peace.

-----The above statment solely supports the personal view of THE GUT -----

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Re: Believe it or not, I like the Stones...
Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: March 22, 2006 01:28

Gutty..........lead by example........

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 22, 2006 01:29

no kidding...

Date: March 22, 2006 01:33

sdstonesguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no kidding...

when i go out...to party , whatever...i have a simple rule...well several....but for our purposes'
NO religon, or politics talk...if it comes up...i dont particpate...everything else goes!!!!

Date: March 22, 2006 01:33

Then stop poking that cyber "piss off stick" in my side.

Thats fair enough.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 22, 2006 01:46

Gut, it's amazing that you were called all those names-by the same moron! He tried that crap with me . He makes stuff up as well.
He thinks calling Bonds, McGuire,Palmerio and Sosa steroid-users is racist!
We should just ignore him and let mommy tuck him in at night(you know he lives with mommy)

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 22, 2006 01:46

gut, you're holding your own quite well, I don't think any of the libs are serious, it's all just a bit of shouting and such, no one's REALLY mad (at least I don't think so)..... LET'S TALK ABOUT BIRD FLU, IT'S ON THE NEWS RIGHT NOW....SOMEONE START.....GO

Date: March 22, 2006 01:54

I say Damn that Bird Flu and anyone who supports it!!!! They are traitors!!! LOL

We should let this thing burn itself out. These hot political arguements ebb and flow and burn out like a quick Texas wildfire. We've both seen them come and go over tons of threads and they pass just as quickly....partisans will always continue to post their rants no matter what we say.

JJ, I and 99% of the folks at this site know that you have a good heart and we know you are NOT racist.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: March 22, 2006 02:01

MicksBrain Wrote:
> gut, you're holding your own quite well, I don't
> think any of the libs are serious, it's all just a
> bit of shouting and such, no one's REALLY mad (at
> least I don't think so)..... LET'S TALK ABOUT BIRD
> FLU, IT'S ON THE NEWS RIGHT NOW....SOMEONE
> START.....GO

You got it Mick...I'm actually laughing at how easy it is to get these guys worked up. HOWEVER...JJ did use the N word...no matter what he says...I still think that is wrong.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 22, 2006 02:05

sdstonesguy Wrote:
> MicksBrain Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > gut, you're holding your own quite well, I
> don't
> > think any of the libs are serious, it's all
> just a
> > bit of shouting and such, no one's REALLY mad
> (at
> > least I don't think so)..... LET'S TALK ABOUT
> BIRD
> > FLU, IT'S ON THE NEWS RIGHT NOW....SOMEONE
> > START.....GO
>
>
> You got it Mick...I'm actually laughing at how
> easy it is to get these guys worked up.
> HOWEVER...JJ did use the N word...no matter what
> he says...I still think that is wrong.

PROVE IT! COPY AND PASTE IT . OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T COPY IMAGINATION. DUMBASS.

Date: March 22, 2006 02:09

=======You got it Mick...I'm actually laughing at how easy it is to get these guys worked up=====

Then, sdstoned.....What about leading by example, as you have preached at me, instead of poking the Piss-Off stick at me JUST to get a reaction?

Please Don't tell me that is how you get your rocks off?

Date: March 22, 2006 06:03

gut Wrote:
> =======You got it Mick...I'm actually laughing at
> how easy it is to get these guys worked up=====
>
> Then, sdstoned.....What about leading by example,
> as you have preached at me, instead of poking the
> Piss-Off stick at me JUST to get a reaction?
>
> Please Don't tell me that is how you get your
> rocks off?
>
> #......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't
> mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

i told you to lead by example..........

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 22, 2006 08:23

Funny thing about a lot of the Bush haters that I've encountered, they all loved him and voted for him in the last two elections.

For the record I never voted for the man or liked him. Things come in cycles.

Politics and music have a lot in common. You either like it or you don't. There are good groups and bad groups. Sh*t music and great music. Don't suppress it keep talkin about it.

Its good that us guys and girls from all over the world can relate to events that we see and hear about daily. It does affect all of us in one way or the other. Only in the United States we have a little of everyones problem to deal with. After all we were founded by Europeans.

You Europeans have all the history. Were still young. As a preservationist I might fight to save a house that is 150 years old. You have buildings hundreds of years old. I do envy you for all your great architecture, history, and culture.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 22, 2006 08:25

Just stay away from politix & everythin' will be fine.

Date: March 22, 2006 17:05

There is nothing wrong with interjecting a little bit of politics here and there. People just have to understand that you can rant and rave all you want but the fact of the matter is "if you are not on the inside you are on the outside."

If you really want to change everything run for office. Every country in the world has had a bad leader or a leader that has bad policies. Americans are no different in that respect. We have had good Presidents and bad ones.

We all flush the toilet in the morning. We watch tv, we send our kids to school. And we all have our own opinion on issues. We have open dialogue here. I drive an SUV because it is safer for my family, provides 4 wheel drive for the winter, and can tow a camper. I like the way it looks. SUV drivers don't fund OPEC, corrupt businesses do.

Natural Gas prices doubled in the fall last year. Blamed on the hurricanes. The wells were damaged etc... The truth is there was no shortage of natural gas, the winter was mild over here, inventories were at their highest levels ever. Hence consumption was way down. So why are we still paying high prices? Corporate greed, falsifying information, future traders with weather predictions that didn't happen, run up the price and collect the profits. It happens every winter but not this bad. Don't blame the consumer blame the suppliers.

Date: March 22, 2006 17:15

But avoiding politix is a helluva good way of not creating
a hostile atmosphere. Would I bring that issue up while
frequentin' my semi-Nazi in-laws house, we could never be there.

I'm a strong anti-Nazi person, and I think we have concensus there
on the board.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 22, 2006 17:21

I like seeing all the different points of view..... and a bit of Bush whipping don't do no-one no harm.....

Date: March 22, 2006 17:30

BaboonBro,

I see your point. The exchange we are having here is fine. But I won't suppress my views with fine posters such as yourself and others because a couple of people want to rant.

But your right, as long as it is in good context. Nothing wrong with a little arguing.

Date: March 22, 2006 17:33

I also think its a little too tight on the rule framework.
But there have been some remarkable dudes around...

Date: March 22, 2006 17:49

I saw a thread a couple of days ago that just disappeared. I assume the cyber police deemed it too provocative for our sensitive readers.

Bottom line is that it is their site and they control the content. They do give some lee-way and let people spew once and a while.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: March 22, 2006 18:15

The music is the joy, right?

Crank up some Stones stuff and mellow. I am right now.

Date: March 22, 2006 22:58

Good idea....people keep telling me to do Yoga....well, I can't bend my self in to a pretzel, but I can enjoy a good brewski.

I think Bjournulf does a fairly good job of letting some of these arguements die on their own. Most disagreements die on their own and don't need his involvement.

There are definitetly some on this board who get their jollies by poking and prodding arguements and makeing threats (i.e.) but they should be ignored.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1609
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home