Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hollywood Bowl shows
Posted by: altamont69 ()
Date: March 19, 2006 05:01

Is either of the two Hollywood Bowl shows in November a soundboard recording?

I have heard mention that one is but I find that hard to believe as I have not yet seen one advertised by any of the major bootleg labels.

Does anyone have any info on this .... Gazza?

Re: Hollywood Bowl shows
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 19, 2006 05:25

there are ALD line recordings available of both shows

6th November -
[www.dimeadozen.org]

(this is an ALD & audience 'matrix' source of this show, as there was some problems with the original ALD source. Its mostly ALD however)

8th November - [www.dimeadozen.org]

(ALD source)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-19 05:30 by Gazza.

Date: March 19, 2006 05:27

There is no true soundboard from those shows but,there is at least one ALD recording and two audience recordings which are not very good.There is,however,a boot where the ALD source was combined with an audience recording & that is said to be pretty good.The Exile label did release a four cd set of the two shows but,I don't know for sure if it is the mix with the best possible sound.I would assume that it is - I just can't say that for sure because,I haven't listened to it yet.

Posted by: altamont69 ()
Date: March 19, 2006 05:57

Thanks, guys!

It is just that I have seen the odd one on eBay and wondered what was the quality of the recording. I have one that was treed on the Shidoobee board
and it sounds quite good to me, but I have been hearing of this "supposed"
soundboard recording .... has VGP got a version out yet?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 19, 2006 11:58

HUM..splain to stupid twit...ALD? I just got used to SBD.

I have two verions of each show and neither is that impressive as far as qulaity goes.

Waht verions is on over at Rockpassion...anyone know?

Posted by: django ()
Date: March 19, 2006 13:49

altamont69,

VGP is dead but the same people are running the Dog 'n Cat (DAC) label now. The latest DAC release is the 4CD set "GOING TO CALIFORNIA" with both Hollywood Bowl shows. I haven't heard anything about the quality till now. Anyone?

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: March 19, 2006 14:14

kahoosier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HUM..splain to stupid twit...ALD? I just got used
> to SBD.
>
> I have two verions of each show and neither is
> that impressive as far as qulaity goes.
>
> Waht verions is on over at Rockpassion...anyone
> know?

Kahoosier,
I have used the ALD versions which were available on DAD.
Then, I fixed the flaws there were on Start Me Up (Nov 8th) and reduced the noise on both shows
on the site, I said "close to soundboard".
Of course, its not excellent but to me it sounds better than audience recordings.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: March 19, 2006 17:07

DAC `soundboard@ release sounds to me same as the Exile release. Not a s.b. quality I like. I prefer the audience recordings of Exile which I would classify as `very good audience`

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 19, 2006 17:36

kahoosier Wrote:
> HUM..splain to stupid twit...ALD? I just got used
> to SBD.
>
> I have two verions of each show and neither is
> that impressive as far as qulaity goes.
>
>

An ALD source is the listening device feed for the hearing impaired

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 19, 2006 18:42

When I saw them in Memphis, Drake planned to record the show in the traditional fashion and also through the ALD, then take the best one or most likely combine the two sources. Somehow I had forgotten or wasn't clear that I was supposed to sneak in one of the recorders (too many beverages, probably) when Drake handed one to me as we were walking to show.

I awkwardly shoved it down my pants as we were walking. Once we got up to the line, even though no one around me was getting patted down, of course I did. I suppose I looked like a suspicious character at that point.

They didn't find the device, despite the fact that during the patdown it slid out of my crotch and slowly down my leg, fortunately catching on the cuff of my jeans. I had to walk away carefully so it didn't fall the rest of the way out. When we got far enough away I ducked behind a pillar, bent down and retreived it.

As it turned out they were out of ALD devices and upgraded our seats from $100 ones to $300 ones. Which was more than ok with us! And drake's recording of the show still turned out great even without the ALD. One or both of us may have told this story at the time, I can't really remember, so a thousand pardons if this is a repeat.

Date: March 20, 2006 03:04

kees Wrote:
> DAC `soundboard@ release sounds to me same as the
> Exile release. Not a s.b. quality I like. I prefer
> the audience recordings of Exile which I would
> classify as `very good audience`
So,the Exile label did not use the ALD/audience matrix?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2365
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home