Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The wonder years(the episode they went to the Stones
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 17, 2006 02:01

Saw it years ago..I thik in 94/95 ...very nice youy saw it? Can I buy it?Where?cheers!

Re: The wonder years(the episode they went to the Stones
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 17, 2006 02:18

I don't remember that episode, but I liked the show when it was on. Do you know which tour they were going to see?

I don't know if that episode is available for purchase, but there are some episodes for sale at [www.amazon.com]

I used to go to a bar where a girl who looked exactly like Winnie Cooper hung out. So of course the first time I went there and saw her, I had to go up to her and say "has anyone ever told you you look exactly like Winnie Cooper on the Wonder Years?' She smiled and said yes, she'd heard that.

Every time I went in that bar afterwards she was always there, and at least three or four people per night went over to her and said "has anyone ever told you you look exactly like ..." She was always nice to everyone. My friends and I used to nudge each other and say "look, here comes another Wonder Years fan." I bet she has heard that she looks like Winnie a million times by now.

When she got older, the girl who played Winnie was hot (and, by extension, so was that girl in the bar). The actress' name is Danica McKellar, here's her website: [www.danicamckellar.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-17 02:25 by ohnonotyouagain.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 17, 2006 02:22

I think its the 94 tour?! I hope i have the chance to see it again!!Oh yeah,wonder years again!!!

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: March 17, 2006 05:23

The Wonder Years was set in the past. So it would of been like '71 or '72 tour.
I haven't seen that show since it was original but it was cute. Nostalgic for we baby boomers.

Posted by: gut ()
Date: March 17, 2006 05:54

The show was on about 1993. Hell, by that time all kids on the show had become adults playing teenagers.

I watched it out of interest but the there was no Stones music, only guitars in the background sounding very blues roadhouse, like the chords used on Exile.

The stupid kids drove around all night thinking they could find out where a rumored Stones small venue. It turned out that the place they finally left was the place where the Stones actaully were going to play.....lame plot, but interesting to anyone who ever from that Stones era may like it.

Me, I liked learing over Danica McKellar. Wasn't she in "Maxim" or one of those jerk-off mags last year?

#......Go ahead....Bite the Big Apple....Don't mind the Maggots.....Uh Huh...#

Posted by: BBstones ()
Date: March 17, 2006 07:09

I have it on video somewhere, Its 1973 on the show and Kevin tells his buds that someones sister is a (stewardist) and Keith tells her that that the Stones are gonna do this small gig and they drive around and finally get to this place and the bouncer/owner of the bar comes out and screems at them that the Stones are not here and as they drive away the back door opens and {Mick} kicks his leg out and as the credits roll, studio Brown Sugar like the band is kickin it inside.
Its kinda like 90210, not great, but a fun watch.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 17, 2006 18:45

gut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Me, I liked learing over Danica McKellar. Wasn't
> she in "Maxim" or one of those jerk-off mags last
> year?

I don't know, but you're probably right, because a quick search of the net turned up these photos. Thanks for the tip!

I couldn't link directly to these, but click here to see them: [www.maximmag.co.uk]

And there's a few more here: [www.stuffmagazine.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-17 19:01 by ohnonotyouagain.

Date: March 18, 2006 03:53

Thanks for the links, Oh No.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 18, 2006 09:17

-

Man I had no f****** idea about this episode

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-18 09:18 by ryanpow.

Date: March 18, 2006 18:03

===Its 1973 on the show and Kevin tells his buds that someones sister is a (stewardist) and Keith tells her that that the Stones are gonna do this small gig====

Were there US tour dates in 1973....? Other than the LA Nicaraguara benefit show...

And why would Keith even talk to a stewardess if the Stones flew their Lapping Tongue jet around and didn't need an airline?....or was the sister one of the groupies getting her carpet munched in the air by a roadie filmed in @#$%& Blues?

I love trying to shoot holes in these lame sitcoms......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1440
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home