Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shut your mouth Bill Wyam
Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:39

I just read an article where Bill said the Stones should quit that they are getting riduclus. Looking at the reviews and personally seeing how good they still are I think he is wrong and should shut up. Just because he could no longer handle playing at that high of a level night after night is no reason for him to say negative things about the rest of the band. Or possibly he gets jealous when he sees how much money he has lost out on by quiting. Either way his opinion means nothing because he is nothing more then a washed up bass player that could no keep up with the rest of the band.

Re: Shut your mouth Bill Wyam
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:44

I'm sure he'll shut up now that you've politely pointed out the error in his thinking....

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:45

Bill called me and said if you'll spell his last name correctly he'll shut up.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:47

i think the piont is bill wymann or how ever he spless it. (he he)is Jealous ...dude i wonder how Mandy is doing is she 20 yet???

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:52

I like to see the article, I am sure he is rigth on. He doesnt need the Stones anymore, but can probably tell their downfall.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:55

down fall...LOL....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 15, 2006 01:57

Why worry? As long as they are alive they will keep touring regardless of what people say.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: March 15, 2006 02:01

Yes when they start touring regardless of the money then I think they will be worth while seeing again.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 15, 2006 02:23

BersaGurra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like to see the article, I am sure he is right on. He doesnt need the Stones anymore, but can probably tell their downfall.

Here's the article.

[iorr.org]

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: March 15, 2006 03:46

Rickster wrote: "... Or possibly he gets jealous when he sees how much money he has lost out on by quiting."

I'm sure he gets jealous, but not basically for the money he has lost. The reason is THEIR prestige and HIS egoism, IMO. Bill probably thought he was unreplaced. The facts are proving the opposite (bad for his selfishness, good for the Stones). Only a bunch of nostalgic naggers, who usualy are moaning for everything, consider him as "unreplaced". Without him, in the "after - Bill period", the Stones did great tours attracting 18.3 million of people (and still counting). The Stones have created two albums (VL, B2cool smiley by far better than DW and SW and a third one, the best since 1981.

And what the hell was he doing all these years as musician? The answers are:
(a) Nothing
(b) statements against the Stones
(c) boring jobs with an old fashioned band named "Rythm Kings". Any refreshing element? Of course not. Any success? Of course not.

Bill as artist and musician is almost nothing today while the Stones is still the most attractive and popular live act in the world. So, when Bill says these pathetic things, he seems as if a football player, member of a team from Malta, says that Barcelona should quit...

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 15, 2006 04:31

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-08 02:45 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 15, 2006 04:53

oops that's bill on steel wheels too....stickypeon

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 15, 2006 05:08

Bill is a GREAT bass player, and helped define the Stones' sound for 30 years. But he has always liked to bitch about the Stones in the press, & is not the only Stone to ever 'act out' via the press. I do play the Stones' recordings since '94 a lot more than I play the Rhythm Kings discs I have. The best post-RS work of his imo is his "Blues Odyssey" documentary, book, and cd compilation - beats Ken Burns in my book.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 15, 2006 05:17

Bill is entitled to his opinion just like any else. No need to give him shit for it.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: March 15, 2006 05:22

I miss bill.........

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: March 15, 2006 05:25

Nice delirium Beelyboy...

Anyway. My opinion is clear: Bill was a great but not an unreplaced bass player. Since 1993 Bill is ...in the middle of nowhere, as musician. As bussinesman, i don't know and don't care...

Who the hell "denigrates Bill's contributions"??? Only Bill is denigrating his personality. In the last years his conflicting statements are exposing him as a very comfused guy, even as a liar. For example, his opinion about Steel Wheels once was enthousiastic. But a year ago he said the Stones didn't create good music in the last 30 years! If Bill was truly believing it, why the hell was he remaining "seated" in the band? For the money? Who "Bill" spoke the truth? Bill #1 or Bill #2 ??

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: March 15, 2006 05:26

yes but why not?? if bill gives sh!@#$t....then he will get sh@#$%t....naturally! of course he is jealous, very obviously made a big mistake leaving the band...but they are better with darryl---sorry but thats the truth IMO.....

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:14

56 or 57 must have felt very old back in 1993...Now, the others have all surpassed that. The Stones are one dysfunctional family, always have been, & Bill has his role in that.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: March 15, 2006 07:51

Bill is just frustrated - he can't get young pussies anymore.....

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: March 15, 2006 08:48

IMHO Bill is absolutly right!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 15, 2006 09:07

bv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why worry? As long as they are alive they will
> keep touring regardless of what people say.
>
> Bjornulf

The voice of reason as always, thank God for interjections like this just when threads start getting particularly silly !!

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: March 15, 2006 09:08

Boring Bill is opening his mouth again!

It's so deadly boring to see these articles and
interviews with Bill critising the Stones.

He says they're too old for touring and making good
records.
Well Bill is the competition too hard for you to stand?

Cause the Stones are up and running and will be for some
time yet (Hopefully).

So Bill just you shut up and keep focus on your own thing.
There's a concert in Sundsvall or Örebro. Towns where the
Stones started out playing when they visited Sweden.
Bill's band Rythm King is still playing in these cities.

Tough luck Bill.

Stop nagging!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: March 15, 2006 09:20

Bill knows how to make headlines. That's all there is to it. He probably wants people to turn their attention to his project with the Rhythm Kings. No worries about that.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 15, 2006 09:47

People people, don't you realise that this is the only way for Bill to get the slightest bit of media attention? When reporters interview him, do you think they really give a @#$%& about the new Rhythm Kings album or something? Besides, if this is what Bill thinks, I don't care. He's a very nice man, so I respect his opinion.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 15, 2006 09:59

Another thread for the Whinin' Depro´s.
Halleluyah!
Ya think ya honour Bill with this pile of crap??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home